The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foot Golf

+4
twoeightnine
raycastleunited
pedro
incontinentia
8 posters

Go down

Foot Golf Empty Foot Golf

Post by incontinentia Mon 10 Feb 2014, 11:23 am

Has anyone played this?? Looks brilliant!

http://www.thescore.ie/footgolf-ireland-course-opening-footee-884316-Apr2013/
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Foot Golf Empty Re: Foot Golf

Post by pedro Mon 10 Feb 2014, 12:57 pm

Yes Inco, have tried it many years ago! It's good fun so give it a go.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Mon 10 Feb 2014, 10:43 pm

No but with all this rain it is probably more appropriate to wear football boots and kick a ball around the course instead of putting on temp greens.

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by twoeightnine Tue 11 Feb 2014, 6:47 pm

I've played shoe golf which I would imagine that you can guess how that goes. Normally best played after a few beers and the winner of each hole nominate the 'hole' and what par it is. Obviously you all use your own shoe. Depending on how creative you are and how dark it is with influence whether you have it by the end!

twoeightnine

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Tue 11 Feb 2014, 9:25 pm

What are the rules of pub golf?

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Wed 12 Feb 2014, 9:13 am

I believe:

Each swig of a drink counts as a "shot".

Shorts (eg vodka & coke) are par 3s (drink finished in 3 swigs is a par)

Bottles (I think) are par 4s (eg Budweiser/WKD etc rather than pint bottles of Magners/Nukey Brown)

So, presumably, pints are par 5s.

The course is either 9 holes (drinks) across a pre-determined number of pubs and drink types (so varying par 3, 4 and 5 "holes") or an attempt to do 18 holes.

From the groups I've seen, stereotypical golf attire is required including plus 4's, diamond jumpers, cap and golf glove. Often combined with carrying bright plastic children's toy club. Attractive young ladies seem to favour shorts (invariably short shorts) knee length socks and polo shirt tied in a knot revealing midriff. Erm, apparently.

Local rules are often introduced such as sick = buys round but a multitude are available and only limited by imagination.

In the absence of a game near you, the typical post round scene can be viewed by simply going to city/town centre drinking areas pretty much every Friday and Saturday after about 11pm (or by catching up on the latest episode of "Britains drunks are a**holes so watch as the emergency services have to sort out fighting and collapsing whilst taking all sorts of abuse" or equivalent on Sky 2 (or Living, or Watch etc).

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 12 Feb 2014, 9:51 am

The only time I play foot golf is on the sly when my lie needs a slight improvement.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by hend085 Wed 12 Feb 2014, 10:40 am

hey Inco. i played that course during the summer. it was a bit of a laugh but to be honest it wasnt great. if they really wanted to make it good that could have but no money was put into it really and it seems like its just something to get a few euro in while they are waiting for NAMA to do something with it.

hend085

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Wed 12 Feb 2014, 11:37 am

McLaren wrote:The only time I play foot golf is on the sly when my lie needs a slight improvement.

Ah yes, the old toe mashie. Very common on municipals where the combined handicaps of the four are north of 100.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down