The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch v Groves 2, to be officially announced on Ringside 13/2

+29
captain carrantuohil
superflyweight
J.Benson II
Mayweathers cellmate
Boxtthis
Aveyard01
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Haito
KingMonkey
compelling and rich
Rowley
Herman Jaeger
Strongback
Izzi
rob-glos
milkyboy
TopHat24/7
CallMeBenji
aja424
All Time Great
TRUSSMAN66
Seanusarrilius
88Chris05
rycoys
Hammersmith harrier
owen10ozzy
ShahenshahG
ONETWOFOREVER
Rodney
33 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Froch v Groves 2, to be officially announced on Ringside 13/2 Empty Froch v Groves 2, to be officially announced on Ringside 13/2

Post by Rodney Wed 12 Feb 2014, 6:20 pm

Claims the IBF president, likely to take place in May. Hope George finishes the job this time.

http://www.boxingscene.com/froch-groves-ii-agreement-reached-confirms-ibf-prez--74593

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Froch v Groves 2, to be officially announced on Ringside 13/2 Empty Re: Froch v Groves 2, to be officially announced on Ringside 13/2

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 12 Feb 2014, 6:49 pm

Its at the City ground.

Froch not wanting to travel far from home.

Froch to win.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Froch v Groves 2, to be officially announced on Ringside 13/2 Empty Re: Froch v Groves 2, to be officially announced on Ringside 13/2

Post by ShahenshahG Wed 12 Feb 2014, 6:51 pm

Go GO ginger minger da dum dum dum

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Wed 12 Feb 2014, 6:53 pm

Location could be a huge factor come fight night; though George was booed heading into initial bout it will be nothing in comparison to the atmosphere if it is at City ground!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 12 Feb 2014, 6:56 pm

I can't imagine him getting that many boos this time around regardless of the venue but come on the Cobra, start fast and crush him into the ground.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Wed 12 Feb 2014, 6:58 pm

Cant for the life of me see why its at the city ground. What happened to the 60.000 stadium! Might as wel have it at men or o2 . Think this is froch makeing sure he has some fans . Still think groves will have majority support tho .

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 12 Feb 2014, 7:08 pm

Be interesting to see if the City Ground rumours are true. Must have been a recent change to that end, as the main stumbling block in trying to get Kessler to Nottingham for the rematch was that the City Ground, as of last year, still didn't hold a licence for boxing matches (hence why there was talk of going over the river to Meadow Lane).

Will wait to make sure that the fight is indeed being confirmed before getting too carried away, but here's hoping that it is.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Wed 12 Feb 2014, 8:28 pm

Groves will bring fans to the City Ground. He had an awful reception at the O2 and it fazed him none. Cannot wait for this!

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 8:37 am

Groves is the one who has all the pressure on him now....

Froch's legacy is secure...Where does Groves go If he loses by stoppage twice to a guy considered on the slide ??...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:15 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Groves is the one who has all the pressure on him now....

Froch's legacy is secure...Where does Groves go If he loses by stoppage twice to a guy considered on the slide ??...

What makes you thinks Froch will get the stoppage win? What if Groves is done on the scorecards and it's contentious...again?

And if guys like Murray can lose to two guys considered to be on the slide and still get a title shot then there's hope for Groves. Any fighter who acquits himself well in the ring and gives the crowd good value for money is always going to be in the mix

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:19 am

I think If Froch wins it will be by stoppage..

He can't outwork the kid..

Hope Groves wins...but the pressure is on him...

1-1 If Froch loses and people will think peak-Froch beats him anyway..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:26 am

I think Froch will have the mindset that, if he comes forward (which he's going to have to...I agree he can't outwork George), he knows Groves will catch him repeatedly and I think deep down he'll start to have some concerns about his chin holding up.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest to see Froch hit the canvas again but I'd look for Groves to be smarter this time round and not stay too long in the pocket.

Back to top Go down

Post by All Time Great Thu 13 Feb 2014, 9:51 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I think If Froch wins it will be by stoppage..

He can't outwork the kid..

Hope Groves wins...but the pressure is on him...

1-1 If Froch loses and people will think peak-Froch beats him anyway..

Not really. I think the general concensoues is that GG is probably a better boxer than Carl Froch. However, agree the pressure is on him moreso than last time to win.

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 10:52 am

If GG wants the same success against Froch, at least going by the first half of the fight anyway, then he needs to apply the same amount of pressure. Trouble is, that burnt him out last time.
For GG to avoid burning out in the second half of the fight, he has to conserve energy in the first half. This i feel will play into Froch's hands and encourage him to pressure GG early, especially as down the years Froch has learned not to start late into a fight.
We will also see how much the early knock down affected Froch for the following 2-3 rounds, providing the same doesn't happen again, as I feel the knockdown affected his performance in the opening rounds.
Froch late stoppage.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by CallMeBenji Thu 13 Feb 2014, 11:15 am

Morning chaps. I'm new on here so go easy on me !

It's obvious to all and sundry that Froch can't outbox GG. His jab was nothing more than a "keep away" tool last time and it barely landed. The question will be whether Rob McCracken thinks that Froch can use it more effectively this time around (and thereby stick to a similar game plan as last time) or whether he just accepts that Froch will get beaten to the jab and adopt the tactics accordingly.

I predict that the first half of the fight will follow a similar pattern to the first fight (although I don't expect Froch to get caught cold again), but I think both will be a little bit more conservative - Groves will realise he needs to leave more in the tank for the championship rounds whereas Froch will be targetting 10, 11 and 12 as his best chance at stopping GG and just trying to keep the first half of the fight as even as possible without taking too many chances.

Personally, if I were guiding Froch then I would think that he'll simply get outboxed if he tries to keep it at range. His best successes came when he closed the distance and roughed GG up. I would have him doing this from the opening bell in order to avoid GG settling into a rhythm. He can still do this behind the jab but the jab needs to be used to work his way inside as opposed to trying to create openings from mid to long range. It might not be pretty, but I think that Froch (despite perhaps being on the slide a little) will still mainitain the edge when it comes to fighting in the pocket. It will keep the fight as even as possible in the first 6 rounds and also make GG expel more energy than he wants to. If history is anything to go by, you'd have to predict that this would give Froch his natural advantage heading into the later rounds - i.e. using his superior fitness and conditioning.

CallMeBenji

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 11:20 am

Reading your post I'm surprised Froch has had a good career....

Remember when Froch's legs recovered in the 4th it was an even fight..

You forget the knockdown was pivotal in Groves racing ahead.....Froch was rubbery till the 4th.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 11:25 am

CallMeBenji wrote:Morning chaps. I'm new on here so go easy on me !

It's obvious to all and sundry that Froch can't outbox GG. His jab was nothing more than a "keep away" tool last time and it barely landed. The question will be whether Rob McCracken thinks that Froch can use it more effectively this time around (and thereby stick to a similar game plan as last time) or whether he just accepts that Froch will get beaten to the jab and adopt the tactics accordingly.

I predict that the first half of the fight will follow a similar pattern to the first fight (although I don't expect Froch to get caught cold again), but I think both will be a little bit more conservative - Groves will realise he needs to leave more in the tank for the championship rounds whereas Froch will be targetting 10, 11 and 12 as his best chance at stopping GG and just trying to keep the first half of the fight as even as possible without taking too many chances.

Personally, if I were guiding Froch then I would think that he'll simply get outboxed if he tries to keep it at range. His best successes came when he closed the distance and roughed GG up. I would have him doing this from the opening bell in order to avoid GG settling into a rhythm. He can still do this behind the jab but the jab needs to be used to work his way inside as opposed to trying to create openings from mid to long range. It might not be pretty, but I think that Froch (despite perhaps being on the slide a little) will still mainitain the edge when it comes to fighting in the pocket. It will keep the fight as even as possible in the first 6 rounds and also make GG expel more energy than he wants to. If history is anything to go by, you'd have to predict that this would give Froch his natural advantage heading into the later rounds - i.e. using his superior fitness and conditioning.

Benji you filthy sc*mbag....welcome!

Froch was, at times, getting shoved around by Groves and many, including me, were surprised at how easily Groves was able to manhandle him. As you say, Froch had more success roughing up Groves but that's not always going to win him rounds, the work still has to be clean and generally Groves was doing the far cleaner work. When they broke up, Groves was having the last word in the exchanges. I still think youthful exuberance had Groves dropping his hands and getting "flashy" and I'd like to think that he resists the temptation to do that in the rematch and simply focus on his boxing. I'm also sure that the referee will be painfully aware of the controversy surrounding Howard Foster and likely to give Groves the benefit of the doubt in a number of exchanges which may mean Froch pushing to impose himself and leaving himself open to counters.

The best I've seen Froch fight was against Abrahams but it's debatable as to whether A/ Those tactics would work on a better fighter like Groves and B/ if Froch still has a performance like that in him.

Still an interesting fight and whilst I'm favouring Groves, I still wouldn't be too surprised if Froch got the win.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 11:27 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Reading your post I'm surprised Froch has had a good career....

Remember when Froch's legs recovered in the 4th it was an even fight..

You forget the knockdown was pivotal in Groves racing ahead.....Froch was rubbery till the 4th.
But Groves was still giving him a pasting up until the 7th or 8th round.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 11:32 am

wasn't a pasting....I always thought Froch would win from the 6th on....

Once he lands in the rematch it's over too..

People will be disappointed....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 11:36 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:wasn't a pasting....I always thought Froch would win from the 6th on....

Once he lands in the rematch it's over too..

People will be disappointed....

Undoubtedly...It will be Benn/Eubank II, highly anticipated, hotly debated but ultimately unsatisfying.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 11:46 am

Think people are seeing the first fight as more one sided than it was because they dislike Froch..

ALSO...Forgetting the time Froch needed to recover...

In my opinion it flattered Groves and he missed his chance when Froch was there for the taking in the 2nd and 3rd rounds

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 11:53 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Think people are seeing the first fight as more one sided than it was because they dislike Froch..

ALSO...Forgetting the time Froch needed to recover...

In my opinion it flattered Groves and he missed his chance when Froch was there for the taking in the 2nd and 3rd rounds
That would suggest that all those press pundits who had Groves winning by a considerable margin also hate Froch.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:00 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
CallMeBenji wrote:Morning chaps. I'm new on here so go easy on me !

Benji you filthy sc*mbag....welcome!

Froch was, at times, getting shoved around by Groves and many, including me, were surprised at how easily Groves was able to manhandle him. As you say, Froch had more success roughing up Groves but that's not always going to win him rounds, the work still has to be clean and generally Groves was doing the far cleaner work. When they broke up, Groves was having the last word in the exchanges. (A) I still think youthful exuberance had Groves dropping his hands and getting "flashy" and I'd like to think that he resists the temptation to do that in the rematch and simply focus on his boxing. I'm also sure that the referee will be painfully aware of the controversy surrounding Howard Foster and likely to give Groves the benefit of the doubt in a number of exchanges which may mean Froch pushing to impose himself and leaving himself open to counters.

(B)The best I've seen Froch fight was against Abrahams but it's debatable as to whether A/ Those tactics would work on a better fighter like Groves and B/ if Froch still has a performance like that in him.

Still an interesting fight and whilst I'm favouring Groves, I still wouldn't be too surprised if Froch got the win.

(A) Do you think there's an argument to say GG was almost surprised by how easily he was handling and outboxing Froch? Hence he slipped out of gameplan mode and came cropper (compared to, say, JdG fight where it was tight the whole way through and he never went off plan for a second).

(B) Do you think AA was arguably the perfect/easiest (top level) fighter for Froch to work those tactics right on? AA's defence was always about that super high & tight guard, not body and head movement like someone like Groves, hence why I think Froch will never have the same success.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:06 pm

You can win close rounds and win 120-108....

You can win 116-112...and coast the last few...

It was when he got his legs back a competitive fight...

I had with the 10-8....77-74

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:12 pm

Good post, Benji. Welcome aboard.

Agree with many of your points and I'm sure if they're being honest, so would Froch and McCracken (obviously wouldn't expect them to come out publicly and agree). When someone is quicker than you, more elusive than you and has a better jab than you, you're going to have a hard time outboxing them.

Based on styles, age and mentality, I think Groves has more stacked in his favour to win this fight than Froch does. In an abstract kind of way you could argue that Froch essentially has a puncher's chance, with the caveat being that it's a bigger puncher's chance than normal, as a) he's been, to one degree or another, the fresher or better man in the championship rounds of all his title fights, Dirrell aside, and b) Groves' chin, while not glass, isn't granite either, and he has been known to lose his head when tagged.

While he might not get as badly banjoed between rounds 1 and 7 as he did in the first fight, I ultimately think that Carl will probably have to win the rematch in a similar way - withstanding an onslaught / boxing lesson early on but bank on his chin and stamina keeping him in there as Groves starts to tire, which I'm sure he will to one extent or another. Groves was so comprehensively on top for 7 rounds (for me, anyway) that I think he can afford to take an extra little off and save for later in the fight while still building up a lead, but even so, if Froch is still there for the final third of the fight I'd expect him to be coming on very, very strongly. While the stoppage was muck, if Groves is being honest with himself he'll know that he did start losing his cool and making tactical errors once Froch finally dragged him in to a slug fest, and if he doesn't address that issue he'll likely be made to pay again.

But I think he will take that lesson on board and adjust; he just seems to smart not to. It's interesting that in the build up to the first fight, when asked how he was going to win, Groves was talking proper tactics, pointing out what he'd seen in certain Froch performances, drawing comparisons between their styles etc. Froch, on the other hand, just said that all he needed to do was land a big shot, and that'd be it. It's a bit worrying that, having said pretty much the same before fighting Dirrell and Ward, he hasn't really ever changed his attitude when facing such a kind of fighter (ie, a slippery, quick one). At this stage of his career, it's unlikely he's going to suddenly adapt to a different approach or gameplan, whereas Groves, armed already with a decent blue print, can.

I think there are enough key factors to keep a rematch in the balance, but my early inclination is to lean towards a Groves win on points.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:17 pm

Groves can't improve....

Froch knows what he is in against now....

People are assuming It's a replay and Froch hasn't learnt anything..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:18 pm

88Chris05 wrote: It's interesting that in the build up to the first fight, when asked how he was going to win, Groves was talking proper tactics

I thought the most interesting bit of that was GG saying in the pressers exactly what he planned on doing to Froch AND actually doing it!

Froch was suggesting GG would run and hide and GG said "No, I'm going to take it to you, take the centre of the ring, beat you to the jab and drop you with my right to your chin".

Ergo, George 'Mystic Meg' Groves gave us a script to the first round!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:26 pm

My fear for groves is the same fear I had for the first fight ( which in my view is what happened). He can stick to a game plan if he doesn't get tagged. If he gets tagged, he starts swinging. He did the same against Anderson. Khan does it, its fight or flight instinct and its hard to coach out because it's just that, an instinct. Groves needs to pace himself really carefully because when he slows, his advantages are negated, and if he gets caught he won't get on his bike.

He can win, he probably should win, but I'm not going up the bookies. Tough fight to call for me.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by rob-glos Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:31 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Groves can't improve....

Groves can improve. He's still young and his improvement, fight by fight, has been very impressive over the last 2-3 years. 

Froch knows, but can he adjust?

Froch is on the way down, long glittering career but on the slide. 
How much did the first fight take from him?
Down heavily, taking big shots every round... He was coming back into it, the stoppage was soft, lots of unanswered questions so bring on the rematch....

And, as a big Groves fan, I hope GG knocks him out inside 5.

rob-glos

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:41 pm

I thought Groves fought the perfect fight...He was always going to get caught and his survival instinct kicked in..He can't change..He'll always look to exchange when hurt..

This time he won't have as much adrenalin and Froch will have looked at his mistakes first time around

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:44 pm

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26166323

It's on!!!!!

Who's going? Who wants to meet up for a beef?!

Better choose the emirates, not going up to stabville for it!

Froch by 5th round stoppage.

I may need to go to the toilets to relieve myself of this excitement.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:44 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Groves can't improve....

Froch HASN'T learnt anything. He goes into fights believing he's tougher than the other guy and that will be enough to get the job done. Against Kessler he was wrong, against Ward he was wrong and against Groves he was very nearly wrong. The Abrahams fight aside, all Froch has done is go forward and try to roll over his man and, when it's gone badly wrong like it did against Ward, his approach was to keep doing it and hope for the best.

For all McCracken's plaudits, his tactical nous is questionable at times "Er, just keep at it Carl...he's getting tired!" As opposed to "Keep your left up, circle away from that right hand" etc etc etc

Froch is tough but he's not smart. Groves has improved and I believe he's intelligent enough to make the necessary adjustments. Whether it will still be enough is another matter, but to say Groves can't improve does him a great dis-service

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I thought Groves fought the perfect fight...He was always going to get caught and his survival instinct kicked in..He can't change..He'll always look to exchange when hurt..

This time he won't have as much adrenalin and Froch will have looked at his mistakes first time around
Froch makes the same mistakes over an over...keeps his left hand low and walks in square when throwing punches. Given that he keeps doing this, how can you say he will have looked at his mistakes when he's never done it before.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:48 pm

I think Froch will win. Groves had his chance to finish Froch and he couldn't do it. Froch knows he took Groves best and still had enough to look the stronger man heading for the championship rounds.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:49 pm

How do you know it was Groves' best? Maybe the rematch will be Groves' best (to date).

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:53 pm

Froch underestimated him last time no doubt...This time I have no doubts Mcracken and him are looking at ways to set him up when Groves comes in..

By studying the first fight and GG mannerisms...

Folly to suggest professionals don't learn..

He turned Kessler around..

You are underselling a great Brit fighter..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:54 pm

DAVE667 wrote:How do you know it was Groves' best? Maybe the rematch will be Groves' best (to date).

Take your willy out of the pillow you have that has Groves face on it with a hole cut in his mouth!!

There's maybes, ifs and buts all over this fight. We don't know what will happen until Groves gets knocked out in the 5th round.

What we do know is Groves can't start as quick as before as he knows if Froch is still there come the last quarter he'll walk through what he has left. Doesn't start as quick means he'll have to play the counterpuncher, big ask against someone who's heavy handed and unorthodox.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 12:58 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Froch underestimated him last time no doubt...This time I have no doubts Mcracken and him are looking at ways to set him up when Groves comes in..

Mikkel "one foot out the door" Kessler? Er...OK. Sorry but Froch doesn't learn...time and again opponents are bouncing right hands off his head. He's just tough enough to get away with it. You talk about Groves reverting to type when tagged but Froch reverts to type when the first bell goes. That's how he fights, he's done well out of it but let's not suggest he's a master tactician who utilizes any number of styles to negate an opponent.

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 1:00 pm

Izzi wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26166323

It's on!!!!!

1) Since when has Manchester been 'stabville'? Not sure anyone can talk positively about London in comparison in that regard.

2) Why does it matter? Presumably you'll be helicoptered in, or limo chauffeured, and taken by security direct to your ringside seats or corporate box??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 1:01 pm

Izzi wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:How do you know it was Groves' best? Maybe the rematch will be Groves' best (to date).

Take your willy out of the pillow you have that has Groves face on it with a hole cut in his mouth!! You pathetic ****

There's maybes, ifs and buts all over this fight. We don't know what will happen until Groves gets knocked out in the 5th round.

What we do know is Groves can't start as quick as before as he knows if Froch is still there come the last quarter he'll walk through what he has left. Doesn't start as quick means he'll have to play the counterpuncher, big ask against someone who's heavy handed and unorthodox.
Or he starts as he did in the first fight but drops Froch even earlier and has time to finish him off before the bell sounds. Or perhaps Groves is more circumspect and doesn't sit waiting for Froch to land his own shots just to prove he can take a punch and fights his own fight.

Still don't let that get in the way of you being a tw*t will you?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 1:02 pm

I'm saying he does learn..

Beat Kessler and has a top record to prove it....

You have to adapt to win...and he knows what to expect and what he did wrong..

It's Groves not Ward....

Hope Groves wins but think he's missed the boat.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Thu 13 Feb 2014, 1:03 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

It's on!!!!!

1) Since when has Manchester been 'stabville'? Not sure anyone can talk positively about London in comparison in that regard.

Was referring to Nottingham!

2) Why does it matter? Presumably you'll be helicoptered in, or limo chauffeured, and taken by security direct to your ringside seats or corporate box??

I can walk to the Emirates. I'm a man of the people, the chopper only gets brought out when I pop down to Monaco for a weekend.

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 1:06 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Froch underestimated him last time no doubt...This time I have no doubts Mcracken and him are looking at ways to set him up when Groves comes in..

They could've studied GG mannerisms before the first fight but either they didn't or thought they could handle them. He actually just adopt the same approach he does always.

And re Kessler, he didn't do much different there either, same style of fighting (albeit a little sharper with the jab early doors) and was just more wary about taking his foot off the gas. 'Changes' made all the more easy by the fact that he went from fighting a guy towards the tail end of his career to one with one foot in actual retirement.

AA is the only time I've seen him do anything different, and it wouldn't work v GG.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 1:06 pm

Toppy thinks Nottingham Forest is in Manchester .....

Bloody hell

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Thu 13 Feb 2014, 1:08 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Izzi wrote:

Take your willy out of the pillow you have that has Groves face on it with a hole cut in his mouth!! You pathetic ****

Or he starts as he did in the first fight but drops Froch even earlier and has time to finish him off before the bell sounds. Or perhaps Groves is more circumspect and doesn't sit waiting for Froch to land his own shots just to prove he can take a punch and fights his own fight.

Alright sunshine, touched a nerve have I?

Remind me, did he start fast and fade down the stretch first time? Point is he can't start that fast and risk Froch coming at him late, like the first fight when Groves was feeling the pace and Froch was taking over.

The above is balanced in how it asks a bigger question of Groves and what he does rather than can Froch weather storms and just keep on coming?

You are comparable to Truss and FMJ when it comes to Groves and your obvious dislike for Froch. Just sayin'

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 1:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Toppy thinks Nottingham Forest is in Manchester .....

Bloody hell

Have you read the article dickwad?

The two stadiums mentioned are Emirates and OT.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 1:09 pm

Izzi wrote:
TopHat24/7 wrote:

It's on!!!!!

Was referring to Nottingham!

I can walk to the Emirates. I'm a man of the people, the chopper only gets brought out when I pop down to Monaco for a weekend.

Yeh, real safe area...... http://www.islingtongazette.co.uk/news/crime-courts/two_men_arrested_and_bailed_after_teenager_stabbed_in_canonbury_road_1_3310539

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 1:09 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Toppy thinks Nottingham Forest is in Manchester .....

Bloody hell
In fairness to Toppy, the article on the BBC says that the Emirates and Old Trafford have been suggested as venues

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 13 Feb 2014, 1:16 pm

Izzi wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Izzi wrote:

Alright sunshine, touched a nerve have I? No, you're just behaving like a tw*t

Remind me, did he start fast and fade down the stretch first time? Point is he can't start that fast and risk Froch coming at him late, like the first fight when Groves was feeling the pace and Froch was taking over. They were BOTH feeling the pace and the first time Groves was hit, the ref stepped in. Froch was given plenty of opportunities to get back into the fight yet Groves wasn't. Maybe Froch gets the stoppage in the ninth and then again, maybe he doesn't and the rest of the fight see Groves getting his boxing back together.

The above is balanced in how it asks a bigger question of Groves and what he does rather than can Froch weather storms and just keep on coming? There are as many questions to be asked about Froch and the main one being, how many times can he get away with it.

You are comparable to Truss and FMJ when it comes to Groves and your obvious dislike for Froch. Just sayin'
Your Froch lovin' seems to be right up there as well son...just sayin'

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 1:18 pm

This thread suggests The City ground Nottingham....

Which means he's thick...

Take the knockdown away it was 5 -3...and Groves won the first three..

Hardly a schooling..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next