The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Zealand v India, 2nd Test, Wellington

+20
invisiblecoolers
Biltong
ShankyCricket
disneychilly
sirfredperry
Stella
kingraf
kiakahaaotearoa
aucklandlaurie
Pal Joey
Corporalhumblebucket
subhranshu.kumar.5
alfie
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Gerry SA
Good Golly I'm Olly
Duty281
skyeman
KP_fan
msp83
24 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

New Zealand v India, 2nd Test, Wellington - Page 4 Empty New Zealand v India, 2nd Test, Wellington

Post by msp83 Thu 13 Feb 2014, 7:17 am

First topic message reminder :

After an exciting first test, the venue now shifts to Wellington for the 2nd test.
India would want to arrest the losing streak away from home. It now stands at 10 out of the last 11. 2 of the last 3 tests India played were classics, but they failed to come out at the right end despite doing some special things, like setting the world number 1 side a target over 450 and then bowling New Zealand out for 105. They would really want to correct that here.
As for New Zealand, this summer has been a good one. The won the test series against the West Indies, nearly whitewashed India in the ODI series, and won the first test as well. They would want to cap the summer with a big moment.
New Zealand will be without their best batsman for this crucial game. Ross Taylor is out on paternity leave, and that gives exciting prospect Tom Latham an opportunity. They are also set to give all-rounder James Neesham an outing on a pitch hat is expected to assist the seamers with spinner Ish Sodhi giving way. That means Kane Williamson has to play the led spinner role besides being the best batsman in Taylor's absence.
Shikhar Dhawan, Rohit Sharma and Ishant Sharma, all produced good individual performances in the last test. As such it is unlikely that India would change anything around.

msp83

Back to top Go down

New Zealand v India, 2nd Test, Wellington - Page 4 Empty Re: New Zealand v India, 2nd Test, Wellington

Post by jimbohammers Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:58 pm

What CF said!

Superb from McCullum

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

New Zealand v India, 2nd Test, Wellington - Page 4 Empty Re: New Zealand v India, 2nd Test, Wellington

Post by aucklandlaurie Wed 19 Feb 2014, 8:06 am

Gerry SA wrote:
skyeman wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:How a dirty slogger like McCullum has a Test 300 is beyond me...

He's statistically the worst Test player to ever get 300. 

Since 2009 India's bowlers have had 15 individual scores of 200+ scored against them. 

The commentary team in NZ proclaiming McCullum as a genius...really he averages 38. Overrated.

He has never really been rated but i take my hat off to him for the last two Tests.

On his day, he can do it.
He got dropped 3 times. Innings was hardly of amazing quality. 

Aside from minnow bashing Bangladesh or bullying India, he's a very ordinary Test player.

Assuming that you are right then why dont more of the top quality batsman score more 5 or 600s?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 19 Feb 2014, 8:31 am

while Gerry is obviously baiting you... That's a pretty poor rebuttal. More batsmen don't score 5 or 600 because that's an incredibly selfish thing to do. I'm sure Amla could have scored over 400 against England at the Oval, just as Clarke could have gone for over 400 against the Indians in Sydney
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Wed 19 Feb 2014, 2:48 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:
skyeman wrote:
Gerry SA wrote:How a dirty slogger like McCullum has a Test 300 is beyond me...

He's statistically the worst Test player to ever get 300. 

Since 2009 India's bowlers have had 15 individual scores of 200+ scored against them. 

The commentary team in NZ proclaiming McCullum as a genius...really he averages 38. Overrated.

He has never really been rated but i take my hat off to him for the last two Tests.

On his day, he can do it.
He got dropped 3 times. Innings was hardly of amazing quality. 

Aside from minnow bashing Bangladesh or bullying India, he's a very ordinary Test player.

Assuming that you are right then why dont more of the top quality batsman score more 5 or 600s?
Give it time...

India are playing the English and Australians soon...

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu 27 Feb 2014, 3:33 pm

look at the number of double and triple centuries against Dhoni's captaincy since 2011

http://www.mid-day.com/photos/the-tormentors-these-batsmen-destroyed-india-in-tests/6964/70619
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by skyeman Thu 27 Feb 2014, 3:38 pm

Gosh, those were the days!

Two England players with double centuries. Very Happy 

Keep Dhoni as the skipper please.

skyeman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4