The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crusaders vs Chiefs

4 posters

Go down

Crusaders vs Chiefs Empty Crusaders vs Chiefs

Post by Rugby Fan Fri Feb 21, 2014 7:40 pm

An entertaining game between these two with the Chiefs holding the Crusaders at bay just as the home side looked set to score and claim the win. Instead, a pass was intercepted and the Chiefs converted from the touchline with the last kick of the match, denying their opponents even a losing bonus point.

Some very rusty skills on show at times, with three yellow cards in the match. The Chiefs had the more threatening attack, and butchered at least one try. Meanwhile the Crusaders pack started to run rampant, especially after two Chiefs players clashed heads and had to go off for concussion checks. The visitors looked like running out of fit bodies at one point.

Now, if only I could find some other rugby to fill the time before tonight's match in Cardiff.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Crusaders vs Chiefs Empty Re: Crusaders vs Chiefs

Post by doctor_grey Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:04 pm

Was a tense match. I thought Crusaders had the best of it in the second half, but just kept making errors after getting inside the Chiefs 22. I think Chiefs were pretty fortunate to get the win. I forget how many kicks at goal were missed by Crusaders, but I saw a graphic in the second half indicating that at that point Crusaders would have had 28 points in the match. They ended up with 10. Final score was Chiefs 18-Crusaders 10.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:28 am

Here are some stats from that game, Crusaders first:

Tackles 54-121 (missed 6-12). Turnovers 4-5; Metres 491-388; Carries 119-61; Defenders beaten 12-6; Clean breaks 7-4; Passes 158-74; Offloads 13-5; Turnovers conceded 19-10; Rucks won 83-34; Rucks lost 6-4; Mauls won 4-1; Lineouts 13-7; scrums 8-8

The home side easily won the battle of the stats but lost on the scoreboard.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:28 pm

gosh...those are freaky stats for a losing side. Saders didnt even look that good.Docs right though- the difference 7 missed penalties and an intercept try makes...

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:54 pm

Anyone else think that Robbie Fruen had a good game?

And in SA good hard effoert by The Cheetahs.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down