The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the 6 heavyweights looking to take the WBC title

5 posters

Go down

the 6 heavyweights looking to take the WBC title Empty the 6 heavyweights looking to take the WBC title

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 21 Feb 2014, 2:48 pm

Mike "the rebel" Perez vs Bryant Jennings
Deontay Wilder vs Malik Scott

Chris Arreroa vs Bernie "B ware" Striverne (for WBC vacant title)

The WBC has order the 2 above fights to happen as eliminator fights, I'm assuming the winners of the Wilder and Perez fights will face of for number 1 contender spot and a shot at the title. Firstly this is a very tasty line up for the heavyweights over the next few months, but my question is this, out of the 6 fighters mentioned above who do you think will emerge the top dog. And if you wanna break it down further, who win who? personally i think Striverne will take the title, Wilder comes through his toughest fight to date and perez KOs jennings (providing he returns to his usual form, not like in his last outing).

Perez vs Striverne is a 50/50 but if Perez can shake of the cloud hanging over his head from the Mago fight i think he could win. I think wilder would struggle with both of these guys, as they both can take a punch, both can box and both hit like hell, so i think that 0 would go for wilder in at least one, if not both of those match ups

Anyone think the eventual winner would be able to unify against Wlad? I do.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

the 6 heavyweights looking to take the WBC title Empty Re: the 6 heavyweights looking to take the WBC title

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 21 Feb 2014, 3:00 pm

Three tedious stinkers..

Hope Wlad sticks around and fancies a WBC..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

the 6 heavyweights looking to take the WBC title Empty Re: the 6 heavyweights looking to take the WBC title

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 21 Feb 2014, 3:01 pm

Did you not see Perez vs Mago truss? if thats your idea of a stinker then i give. you do know wilder is american?

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 21 Feb 2014, 3:07 pm

Wilder isn't what the division needs....Makes Grant look like Ali...

Hope they move Joshua on..

Aesthetic, talented quality heavy may encourage more of the same..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 21 Feb 2014, 3:09 pm

I havent seen Jennings box but I would pick between Wilder or Stiverne.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 21 Feb 2014, 3:17 pm

i actually think wilder is decent, but his record flatters him, his advantage over the others is his size, especially when it comes to fighting wlad, he's the only one who wlad couldn't wrestle with, but i have always rated perez, and think he is the best "boxer" of the lot.

and truss, i dont know what he did between the olympics and going pro but he definetly looks like a hot prospect at the minute. get him and hughie fury in together

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 21 Feb 2014, 3:18 pm

No chance of that

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 21 Feb 2014, 3:22 pm

i could see them clashing for the british title personally, neither man will want to be known as a ducker, with the division on the up another fridge contender with no real wins wont be given the time of day.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 21 Feb 2014, 3:27 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Three tedious stinkers..

Hope Wlad sticks around and fancies a WBC..

Did you not see Wlad v Povetkin?!?

Wlad sterness test (outside of his brother) and he absolutely stunk the place out. I would like to see one of the above fighting for the title for a change.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Feb 2014, 3:32 pm

...and people thought the idea of Chisora/Povetkin was bad.

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri 21 Feb 2014, 3:33 pm

agreed. the fight against haye (his 2nd toughest test) also was a stinker. i think this WBC elimination process will produce THE most likely candidate to topple Wlad, and barring malik scott they are all mainly come forward fighters, or power punchers and highly likely to be entertaining fights

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 21 Feb 2014, 3:42 pm

But I'd rather have a good stinker as champion..

Than a useless stinker holding the greatest prize in sport

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 21 Feb 2014, 3:46 pm

Wlad will probably be retired be the time all of these guys sort out the WBC. The only boxer in there with a chance against Klitschko I would give is Wilder.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 21 Feb 2014, 4:02 pm

Like it, kinda like a HW Super-6 but ko-tourney style.

Arreloa to win the title first.

Perez and Wilder to both come through there's fine but Wilder will come a cropper facing someone with actual ability and lose, probs by ko, to Perez.

Not sure who'd I'd pick to win between Perez and Arreola (or Stiv if that one went the other way).

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri 21 Feb 2014, 4:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:But I'd rather have a good stinker as champion..

Than a useless stinker holding the greatest prize in sport

I would like to see an entertaining Heavyweight fight if am honest. Rather then watching Wlad punch and clinch for 12 rounds against a figher who he levels above in every ascept (apart from chin!).

Perez v Mago got the heavweight juices flowing again only for Mago to end up in a coma.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Fri 21 Feb 2014, 5:01 pm

I cannot wait for the end of the Klitschko boredom.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 22 Feb 2014, 11:08 am

i think perez, striverne and wilder would all be a stern test for wlad. miles better than the aussie who was KOd by kevin johnson thats lined up at the minute.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sat 22 Feb 2014, 11:24 am

I think Perez, Stiverne and Arreoala look made to order for Klitschkos jab and grab routine. They would be easily stuck behind the jab and then wrestled.

Scott didnt look much cop against Chisora, cant see him getting any change out of Klitschko or outjabbing him.

Wilder is untested although his record isnt really too far most of the others on the list. Hes the only guy in there I think has the set up to be awkward. Physically he is big and strong, he is reasonably athletic and he hits harder than the rest I would bet. Wlads standard gameplan will be more difficult to use against him.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Sat 22 Feb 2014, 9:55 pm

possibly, but striverne especially i think wouldn't be so easy for wlad to wrestle about, he is a big heavy himself, and quicker than most men for his size. perez also has a big dig, and his style would be an awkward one, but he might be a little to small to worry wlad.

jennings is the one i know least about, but he seems to be on a bit of a role as well.

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down