The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bradford Bulls 6 point deduction and take over withdrawn

4 posters

Go down

Bradford Bulls 6 point deduction and take over withdrawn  Empty Bradford Bulls 6 point deduction and take over withdrawn

Post by Kenny Tue 25 Feb 2014, 4:23 pm

Bradford Bulls have been deducted six points by the Rugby Football League for going into administration last month.

It is the second time in two years that the Bulls have been forced to forfeit competition points after breaking the governing body's insolvency regulations.

In July 2012 the club were also docked six points, which ultimately cost them a place in the end-of-season play-offs as they finished three points behind eighth-placed Wakefield.

This time the sanctions could cost Bradford their place in Super League, with two clubs relegated at the end of the current season.

The Bulls lost their first game to Castleford before beating Wakefield but will start round three on minus four points.

An statement read: "The RFL Board of Directors has today ruled that Bradford Bulls will be deducted six points - the equivalent of three competition wins - as a penalty for entering into administration in January 2014.

"The board's decision follows a full assessment of the circumstances surrounding the club's administration, which followed a similar insolvency event by Bradford Bulls in June 2012.

"The points will be deducted with immediate effect. The points sanction was applied under RFL Operational Rule 4."

It was a further blow to the Odsal club after chairman Mark Moore withdrew Bradford Bulls 2014 Limited's offer to buy the club.

The holding company's representatives, which included Moore, financial director Andrew Calvert, managing director Ian Watt and chief executive Robbie Hunter-Paul, had a bid to purchase the club accepted by the administrator last week but took back the proposal after learning of the RFL points penalty.

Moore said: "It is with great sadness and frustration that we have been led to this point.

"I believe that we have been forced into making this decision, due to the Rugby Football League's proposed sanction of a six-point deduction, making relegation almost a certainty.

"In addition, the governing body wished to place the club's licence into special measures, which, as successful businessmen, will likely taint our personal dealings while embarrassing us all professionally."
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Bradford Bulls 6 point deduction and take over withdrawn  Empty Re: Bradford Bulls 6 point deduction and take over withdrawn

Post by The Beast Tue 25 Feb 2014, 5:30 pm

Mark Moore had a few other things so say on the Bulls website;

"I believe that we have been forced into making this decision, due to the Rugby Football League's proposed sanction of a six-point deduction, making relegation almost a certainty.

"In addition, the governing body wished to place the club's licence into special measures, which, as successful businessmen, will likely taint our personal dealings while embarrassing us all professionally.

"I am also extremely surprised by the current position of the RFL, given the fact that they have guided us and advised us on the majority of decisions made over the past five to six months. We were more than grateful of their assistance, as they have been integral in getting us to this stage.

"More frustratingly, this process has been amplified by the fact that administration could have been avoided.

"Should the meeting held at the Provident Stadium, on January 9, which was designed to draw a line under the club's ownership and was chaired by the RFL, had followed its course properly and professionally then none of this would have occurred.

"The meeting included a quartet of important stakeholders, including Omar Khan and his associates, the club's debenture holder, representatives of the current board and, of the RFL, Ralph Rimmer and Blake Solly.

"Without following proper protocol, the RFL closed the meeting while discussions were still taking place and stakeholders were allowed to leave.

"No documents were signed and, as such, this led to a disagreement in the weeks which followed between one stakeholder and the other three.

"This poor leadership by the RFL was, I believe, detrimental to the ownership of the club being agreed amicably, which then ultimately led to it then being forced into administration.

"Due to the error made by the governing body, the players, staff and supporters have now been asked to suffer a six-point deduction along with heavy financial restrictions.

"It feels like a real slap in the face to our team, our partners, the sport and, most importantly, our supporters, of whom we have been working tirelessly for.

"On February 12, a meeting was held at Red Hall. We had not been given an agenda and the tough sanctions, imposed upon the club, were sprung upon us.

"The decision to place the club, by the RFL, into special measures was taken without key members of the RFL board having sight of the club's up-to-date cash-flow projections or our business plan, which we deem presumptuous as well as uninformed and unprofessional.

"Feedback from them leads us to believe that they had also made the decision based on inaccurate information, obtained without authorisation of the board.

"The business plan that we brought along to support our bid was not even asked for as the decision had already been made, leaving us with the impression that another objective is currently being played out.

"It needs to be pointed out also that this is the first relegation season for a number of years and the club has been functioning on only half of the central distribution funding for two years.

"It is equally important to point out that every other club in Super League is currently sharing the other half of the distribution money.

"Our desire was just to compete on a level playing field with the rest of the Super League.

"But with the sanctions imposed and the points above, I hope our supporters can agree that this is definitely not a level playing field and could be argued as anticompetitive.

"As a team we have worked tirelessly to turn the Bulls around.

"Each member of the board has taken responsibility for a different sector of the business, where we have reorganised the structure to help it become more sustainable while working towards profitability.

"Over the the last three months we have made cost savings of nearly £1,000,000 and, two games in, we believe we have proven our ability to stage Super League matches professionally.

"We have, time and time again been complemented for the measures we have put in place by RFL representatives, so have taken this complete lack of support with surprise and shock.

"We have also been very public and stated time and time again that we would be working with all genuine creditors as many of them are Bulls supporters, so this shows it was never the intention of the board to capitalise via administration.

"The dramas being played out over the past few months with the Bradford Bulls have been extremely tough on ourselves and our families.

"We have tried our very best to do what is right for both the club and the sport.

"We have been open and honest with the players and kept every promise made to them.

"The points deduction will hurt them most and we are very worried about their welfare, as they will view this mountain placed in front of them as something too tough to climb. As warriors we believe they will try their very best.

"The restrictions and penalties, placed on the club, leaves it all but impossible to grow the business in this relegation season.

"As such we were left with no other option than to withdraw the offer to the administrator, based on what we believe is an immoral position from the sport's governing body due to their involvement in this whole affair.

"I would like to thank all of the supporters, staff and players for the hard work they put in alongside us and please understand after all of the trials and tribulations experienced how gut wrenching it is to fall at this final hurdle.

"I would also like to thank sponsors and partners for whom we have made strong friendships with and also the administrator, David Wilson, for his professionalism during this entire process.

"We wish everyone all of the very best of luck for the future."

The club will be making no further comment at this time."

This was very much my concern when I commented that the RFL had a tricky decision to make. A terrible day, unless someone else comes in I guess that is that liquidation on Friday when the temporary admin closes. Either way if you are a creditor there is now no reason for anyone to settle those costs, good luck to RFL with the ground and fixtures.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Bradford Bulls 6 point deduction and take over withdrawn  Empty Re: Bradford Bulls 6 point deduction and take over withdrawn

Post by The Beast Tue 25 Feb 2014, 6:18 pm

Blake Solly has just spoken (6:05pm) on BBC Radio Leeds he basically said that the root cause of the issue was that the ownership was not resolved via Messrs. Moore & Khan and that Special Measures are generally brought in when the RFL are not confident that the club can trade.  The RFL are hopeful that one of the other two bidders for the club whilst in administration can take the club forward along with others who have contacted them during the past 28 days.

Richard Lamb (one of the other bidders) is saying that he still wishes to buy the club, his position has not changed and accepts the 6 point deduction.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Luke Tue 25 Feb 2014, 7:50 pm

Whilst I feel sorry for you Beast, and other loyal Bradford fans, and hope the club will eventually get out of this mess.

I really don't understand Bulls 2014, this was always probably going to happen, so surely they had it in there business plan and were slightly expecting it (plan for the worst while hoping for the best). IF they wanted to buy the club, they would still be and would be progressing with this and a plan b. It almost sounds without being present that they were trying to blackmail the RFL.

Though I do feel no one from this mess (from Caisley onwards,RFL or the previous administrators), have emerged with any credit. And as always it's the players and fans who are left to pick up the pieces.

Luke
Luke

Back to top Go down

Post by The Beast Wed 11 Jun 2014, 6:07 pm

Bradford Bulls appeal against the points deduction has failed, decision upheld.  Goodbye and goodnight to Super League, hopefully they will be able to continue.

The Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jun 2014, 9:05 pm

You certainly would hope so. I don't see London existing past this year but it would be sad to see anything happen with Bradford

Back to top Go down

Post by George Hotel1895 Sun 12 Oct 2014, 2:09 pm

[quote="gazzyD"]You certainly would hope so. I don't see London existing past this year but it would be sad to see anything happen with Bradford[/quote
Its sad when any Rugby League team folds. At least London and Bradford will be with us next season. Lets enjoy this.

George Hotel1895

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down