The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TRT Ban, and Machida title shot

3 posters

Go down

TRT Ban, and Machida title shot Empty TRT Ban, and Machida title shot

Post by Rinsure Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:10 pm

Nevada have banned TRT, leaving Vitor Belfort out in the cold regarding his title shot with Weidman in May.

The MMA have handed the title shot to Lyoto Machida - thought it was interesting given the discussion on here about Machida a couple of threads down. Now we'll find out sooner rather than later how it'll go down!

I wondered if Machida had queue-jumped to get the title shot, but having had a look at the rankings it looks like he's legitimately the #1 available contender in the MW division; only Souza could maybe feel a little aggrieved.

It sets the UFC hype machine up for promoting the fight around Machida's prospect of being a two-weight champion, and Weidman's first non-Silva defence.

How do we see it going down?

Rinsure

Back to top Go down

TRT Ban, and Machida title shot Empty Re: TRT Ban, and Machida title shot

Post by Pr4wn Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:02 pm

I'd rather have seen Jacare Souza or Yoel Romero (pipe dream, I know) go for Weidman.

Machida is a technically brilliant fighter in the stand-up but I can't help but think that Weidman will just be too strong once the fight goes to the ground.

Regarding the TRT, it was the only decision they could have made. TRT was seriously affecting the overall credibility of MMA in general and the sooner the "Old Juicers" are phased out of the sport, the better.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valero's Conscience Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:11 pm

Glad TRT is banned, it's cheating end of. The % of fighters really need it would be so small you might have one UFC guy at best.

Generally TRT users are:

1- those who want an advantage and 'massage' results justify it
2- or those who have abused PED's in the past which has affected their testosterone producing ability

For Belfort to not be bale to fight with 3 months notice doesn't look good for him.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Rinsure Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:24 pm

On the TRT piece, who's affected?

Belfort, obviuosly;
Chael Sonnen, been very vocal about it;
Hendo - last expemption granted, for his Shogun fight

Any other high profile casualties of the ban?

The ban is A Good Thing (tm), IMHO.

Rinsure

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down