The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Triple Crown Appreciation Thread

+18
blackcanelion
doctor_grey
ME-109
Poorfour
Scratch
aucklandlaurie
bedfordwelsh
Sgt_Pooly
Heaf
wrfc1980
WELL-PAST-IT
Duty281
lostinwales
nobbled
The Saint
Notch
mystiroakey
Scrumpy
22 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Triple Crown Appreciation Thread Empty The Triple Crown Appreciation Thread

Post by Scrumpy Sat 15 Mar - 20:08

Firstly well played Ireland, 2014 6nations champs.

But boy we were close to taking it at the end, oh well!

so another 6nations draws to an end and once again no cigar for England but I'm happy, why you may ask rugby fans shouldn't celebrate 2nd place I've been told, but I disagree because I feel optimistic about England's future, we have a squad with genuine contenders for starting places SL has turned us from NH chumps into potential champs. Yes yes yes we should have just won the slam but this is a young squad that seem to learn every game they play, we have players with a few caps under their belts that very well may be replaced by injured players coming back into the team but they have proved that if required they can step up to the top level.

Well done England and SL & Co

Lets not forget we have won the Triple Crown! Very Happy 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

The Triple Crown Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Triple Crown Appreciation Thread

Post by mystiroakey Sat 15 Mar - 20:12

No celebration needed for a lesser contest.

But even if we won I would have felt no different.

The signs are there for england.. Everyone has seen and witnessed it. We have become a good side and we have a lot of young talent that is going nowhere soon..

I was trying to pick a best 15 for this 6 nations and to be honest the majority of key positions are from England.

Brown, Farrel and Care all get in IMO.

Know that we have Manu back we will only improve even more.

The problem is finding the 3 replacements for the key positions I mentioned above..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

The Triple Crown Appreciation Thread Empty Re: The Triple Crown Appreciation Thread

Post by Notch Sat 15 Mar - 20:14

I understand how England feel, because there have been a few times Ireland have come off with the Triple Crown and second place after France played like drains for most of the match only to break our hearts with one good play...

Ireland in 2007 anyone? Right down to going to Italy in Round 5 and scoring 50 points, only to just miss out on points difference.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 15 Mar - 20:41

You say the same thing every year though.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sat 15 Mar - 20:49

I didn't say that last year!

It was very Clear we had a few issues to sort out which I think we have addressed well this season.

England continue to grow, and grow well dispite what the doubters say!
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 15 Mar - 20:58

Scrumpy wrote:

so another 6nations draws to an end and once again no cigar for England but I'm happy, why you may ask rugby fans shouldn't celebrate 2nd place I've been told, but I disagree because I feel optimistic about England's future, we have a squad with genuine contenders for starting places SL has turned us from NH chumps into potential champs. Yes yes yes we should have just won the slam but this is a young squad that seem to learn every game they play, we have players with a few caps under their belts that very well may be replaced by injured players coming back into the team but they have proved that if required they can step up to the top level.

Most of this is repeated each year by England fans, including yourself, and the reality is nothing has changed in the past few years. I don't see why you should have won the slam as you weren't good enough to beat France (unlike others in the tournament). Also, you might feel you're not NH chumps, and I wouldn't agree or disagree, because I think going from championship bolters to championship bottlers (again) is a more accurate description.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sat 15 Mar - 21:02

Ive already said didn't say that last year, why speculate I did when I didn't, I'm beginning to think you have a (not so) hidden agenda!

Why so bitter?
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 15 Mar - 21:03

I'm not bitter, I'm just posting my view on what is a repetitive, delusional post. Well done on the Triple Crown win though.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 15 Mar - 21:05

I think he groups all English posters as one scrunpy.

he thinks we are always happy about moving into a better direction, yet in actual fact have remained stagnant

but the truth is we are mate.. Its looking good for us..

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sat 15 Mar - 21:05

Thanks, it was well deserved this year.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sat 15 Mar - 21:06

The Saint wrote:I'm not bitter, I'm just posting my view on what is a repetitive, delusional post. Well done on the Triple Crown win though.

1st Triple Crown for 11 years - so saying nothing has changed is factually incorrect.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 15 Mar - 21:08

The only thing I fear about England is that many of the replacements we had this 6N weakened us more than I'd like. The first team is excellent and only going to get better

And as for things changing - its worth seeing who scored the most points this year including 2 tries to 0 vs our immediate western neighbours

Last edited by lostinwales on Sat 15 Mar - 21:09; edited 1 time in total

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sat 15 Mar - 21:09

I don't think I've felt this confident about England for some time, but then again I know a good thing when I see it especially a good rugby team in the making.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sat 15 Mar - 21:16

We have a few of our preferred players out injured too. Will definitely be stronger with Corbs back in the scrum, and really can't wait to see Wade on the wing.
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 15 Mar - 21:30

This has definitely been the best Six Nations of the Lancaster era, and it's certainly the best potential I've seen an England team hold for quite some time.

What is it now? 8 wins out of the last ten in all games - the two losses being very close defeats to NZ and France, the latter game being played away, and both games England could, and perhaps should, have won. Fantastic record.

The tour to NZ will be of greater importance, as will the Autumn Internationals, than the Six Nations this year. Every step being made appears to be the right one.

Plenty of grounds for optimism for the 2015 World Cup!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sat 15 Mar - 21:32

Saint is a delusional blind indolent gloating obdurous temperamental Welshman who hates anything east of Offa's dyke.

We weren't good enough to beat France, lost by a couple of points after two terrible bounces, we were of course incredibly lucky in that Wales actually gifted us with their presence at H.Q. where they were very kind to us and let us bully them all over the pitch.

This of course doesn't change things, Wales are still three places or is it four behind England in the world rankings.

Of course we were not good enough to win the 6N, Ireland won it fair and square, (well with some sympathy from Walsh). However they did have the three weakest teams at home this year (including the Welsh) which enhanced their points difference. England had the three away matches.

Championship bolters to bottlers, I need an explanation, we lost the first game, arguably unluckily and won every other game, most convincingly. Where does the bottlers come in to it.

Now Wales, championship favourites; scrape through against Italy at home, bottle it against Ireland, do well against a France side that would struggle to recognise their team mates and then bottle it again at HQ before thrashing a Scotland side down to 14 men (rightly so) after 20 minutes and with absolutely nothing to play for.

Who are the chumps???????

To lose two consecutive 6N titles on points scored difference for such a young side is no mean achievement, to think otherwise is just mean.

In my honest opinion anyway.

WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sat 15 Mar - 21:33

Let's be honest though I don't see us winning in NZ due to the poor timing of the fixtures but it will give some of the fringe players game time against the best.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 15 Mar - 21:34

For all the doubters, England have every right to be pleased. They were just as good as Ireland and there's very little to separate the two teams this year.

They also should be frustrated because they should have beaten Wales, Scotland and Italy by bigger margins. As for the last 10 minutes of their game against France...

But I've little doubt England will perform admirably in their home World Cup, they look like they are building another ominously good side.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by wrfc1980 Sat 15 Mar - 21:35

The bigger picture is at stake here. England have come on leaps and bounds are look like a team going places. Its not about finishing first or second with only points difference separating. Its about how England have developed their game and built a core of youngsters which could well take england to the top of world rugby. Haven't been this excited about an england team since 2003

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sat 15 Mar - 21:35

Forget the first test. It shows that NZ are worried that they had to pull such a stunt. It also shows how stupid the RFU are to agree to it.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 15 Mar - 21:42

I had a far less obtuse and not at all insulting post (about the Lions hangover from non-welsh fans) removed last week, which is in direct contrast to Well past it's post, so is there any reason why an English poster can get away with posting such rubbish?

And to answer your query, you've bolters to bottlers for 2 years in a row, with probably the most humiliating being last year during the Slam hunt. You supposed fans and all of your pundits have talked up your team for quite some time and have failed to win the championship again. I don't see what this post about England rugby has to do with Wales if I'm honest? Some of you guys are obsessed, unless talking about Wales all the time makes you feel better about the reality of the situation.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sat 15 Mar - 21:45

Saint, just listen to your self and go see a shrink
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 15 Mar - 21:46

Notch wrote:

They also should be frustrated because they should have beaten Wales, Scotland and Italy by bigger margins. As for the last 10 minutes of their game against France...

Why should they have? Against Wales they were helped with two incorrect decisions, one of which resulting in a YC and this kept the game in England's favour. They should have won by less. They can only blame themselves for not getting enough points elsewhere. Better yet, try winning every single game with a Gatlandball-esque game plan, then you can't complain or dream what might have been as you would have actually won the championship.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Sat 15 Mar - 21:46

I think Notch is right - it's all down to very tight margins - it would probably be fairly easy to come up with a dozen things that if they'd gone the other way would have seen England as champs but things are looking bright for the future …. congrats to Ireland though and good for BOD to go out on a high.

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 15 Mar - 21:48

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:Saint, just listen to your self and go see a shrink

He's hilarious - just laugh at him like most people are doing. Laugh

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat 15 Mar - 21:50

The only frustrating bit was when we were at our most comfortable- thought we won the game in france and then lost our marbles because no one could lead the teams defensive shape once farrel was almost rooted to the ground injured.

From that point on . I was pretty confident we would win the next set of games. But Ireland won there's by more and beat France . Its all deserved.

England's optimism is deserved and i would have a feeling 90% of other fans would even agree with that

and Ireland's win was also deserved.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 15 Mar - 21:50

Although we finished 2nd last year I don't think we really clicked as a team.

Completely different this year, we destroyed a strong Wales team and have grew throughout the tournament. The team has a youthful look to it and the players coming back from injury will only make us stronger.

It's a good time to be an England fan.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sat 15 Mar - 21:51

The Saint wrote:
Notch wrote:

Why should they have? Against Wales they were helped with two incorrect decisions, one of which resulting in a YC and this kept the game in England's favour. They should have won by less. They can only blame themselves for not getting enough points elsewhere. Better yet, try winning every single game with a Gatlandball-esque game plan, then you can't complain or dream what might have been as you would have actually won the championship.

Are you just a WUM or do you genuinely believe that about the YC?
If you're a WUM - well okay, but really you should find a better hobby.
If you are not - please explain how boring in is not a TC offence after 3 warnings .
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sat 15 Mar - 21:51

Ireland (first as 6N champs) and England have a lot to look forward to. Wales need a new game plan (may have seen one today) and some new blood in at least 5 positions (possibly some new supporters that have two eyes). France need to sort themselves out and get back to becoming what they have always had the potential to be, one of the best in the world. Scotland and Italy............................oh dear.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 15 Mar - 21:53

WELL-PAST-IT, stop with the personal attacks on The Saint. You can't do that on here. And The Saint, stop proving his point for him!

Is this really the best place for yet more tedious Anglo-Welsh wrangling? Come on Gentlemen... let it go.

Last edited by Notch on Sat 15 Mar - 21:54; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sat 15 Mar - 21:53

Duty281 wrote:

Wouldn't want to spill good wine, he is not worth it.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 15 Mar - 21:53

nobbled wrote:
The Saint wrote:
Notch wrote:

If you are not - please explain how boring in is not a TC offence after 3 warnings .

England's prop drove early. That penalty should have been against England. L Williams was wrongfully penalised for a non-existent late tackle.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 15 Mar - 21:54

Well past it,

What are the 5 positions you think we need new players in?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 15 Mar - 21:55

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Wouldn't want to spill good wine, he is not worth it.

Oh yeah...good point.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 15 Mar - 21:56

Anyway, the point I was referring to is that England a) gave away some really silly penalties against Wales and b) absolutely butchered a couple of overlaps. There was one 4 on 2, I have no idea how they didn't score.

Actually England butchered enough overlaps in this tournament to have won it easily in the end. Ireland are champions because we were more clinical when we got a sniff of the line ultimately.

Last edited by Notch on Sat 15 Mar - 21:57; edited 1 time in total
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sat 15 Mar - 21:56

Notch, without trying to be specific, if he is proving my point.......................

My biggest problem with him is his name is a slur on my club.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sat 15 Mar - 21:58

Saint you're making yourself look silly, wind your neck in mate!

If you don't like this topic then go else where, please!

We are not discussing Wales 6nations here. thumbsup
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by nobbled Sat 15 Mar - 21:58

The Saint wrote:
nobbled wrote:
The Saint wrote:
Notch wrote:

England's prop drove early. That penalty should have been against England. L Williams was wrongfully penalised for a non-existent late tackle.

Ah - so a WUM then. Fair enough. Consider yourself ignored.
How about crochet as a hobby? My 7 year old daughter loves it.
She also knows more about rugby than you...
nobbled
nobbled

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 15 Mar - 21:59

Just leave it- seriously, its not worth it. You're hardly going to change each others minds and you're probably gonna just end up trading insults and getting told off by the mods. It's Saturday night- whats the point? Just put each other on your foe lists.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sat 15 Mar - 22:00

That's very true notch, we wasted lots of chances but at least we are creating them. We have to learn to finish off chances, hopefully Yarde can get some form back as he is a quality finisher.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 15 Mar - 22:01

Yeah and I'm pretty sure a moderator shouldn't be posting that sorta stuff about other posters... Looks as if it's just going to encourage an even bigger stir. I can't believe England fans can get so wound up about reality after all the tedious drivel they constantly post about the team situated east of Offa's dyke.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 15 Mar - 22:03

Notch wrote:Just leave it- seriously, its not worth it. You're hardly going to change each others minds and you're probably gonna just end up trading insults and getting told off by the mods. It's Saturday night- whats the point? Just put each other on your foe lists.

The foe thing doesn't really work because it is negated by the quote feature.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 15 Mar - 22:04

nobbled wrote:
The Saint wrote:
nobbled wrote:
The Saint wrote:
Notch wrote:

Ah - so a WUM then. Fair enough. Consider yourself ignored.
How about crochet as a hobby? My 7 year old daughter loves it.
She also knows more about rugby than you...

Another post proving my point about England fans resorting to posting childish drivel when presented with a view that doesn't say "England are the best team in the world." Thank god I don't actually know any people like the keyboard brigade on here, as that would cause you to lose a fan and that would be a very unfortunate situation for your team. It's in the law books, you can't drive early and that is what England did. I feel sorry for Gethin who felt victimised like that.

Last edited by The Saint on Sat 15 Mar - 22:05; edited 1 time in total

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 15 Mar - 22:04

The Saint wrote:Yeah and I'm pretty sure a moderator shouldn't be posting that sorta stuff about other posters... Looks as if it's just going to encourage an even bigger stir. I can't believe England fans can get so wound up about reality after all the tedious drivel they constantly post about the team situated east of Offa's dyke.

Saint, you can't keep getting wound up by posters having a different opinion to you. It's silly and childish. Just relax and enjoy the superb win you had today instead of trying to pick fights over a game that done and gone  OK 
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sat 15 Mar - 22:06

Oh dear, someone needs to go to bed!

I do have one gripe with SL, why does he make subs so early?
I think SCW was right we might have got a few more points.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 15 Mar - 22:06

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:Forget the first test. It shows that NZ are worried that they had to pull such a stunt. It also shows how stupid the RFU are to agree to it.

A stunt???? But wasnt the super xv fixture list in place (Oct 2013) before the England fixtures were set? or do you know something that we dont?

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Sat 15 Mar - 22:09

Notch wrote:Anyway, the point I was referring to is that England a) gave away some really silly penalties against Wales and b) absolutely butchered a couple of overlaps. There was one 4 on 2, I have no idea how they didn't score.

Actually England butchered enough overlaps in this tournament to have won it easily in the end. Ireland are champions because we were more clinical when we got a sniff of the line ultimately.

I think You also won it because you had the experience and the balls to hold on to your lead vs France when we didnt. We had done everything else after an awful start - but the composure at the end of that first match wasnt there

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Sat 15 Mar - 22:09

Notch wrote:
The Saint wrote:Yeah and I'm pretty sure a moderator shouldn't be posting that sorta stuff about other posters... Looks as if it's just going to encourage an even bigger stir. I can't believe England fans can get so wound up about reality after all the tedious drivel they constantly post about the team situated east of Offa's dyke.

Saint, you can't keep getting wound up by posters having a different opinion to you. It's silly and childish. Just relax and enjoy the superb win you had today instead of trying to pick fights over a game that done and gone  OK 

This equally goes for those who meet fire with fire by the way. Insults are out of line.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 15 Mar - 22:09

Notch wrote:

I was actually alluding to part of your red penned post. I think it's obvious that England fans are getting wound up by my topic related posts and are therefore resorting to insults. I think that's quite obvious. Also, if Wales fans talk about the shoulda done this we get called arrogant. The tournament is over and the to me the top 3 reflects who have been the best in the NH since 2011.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sat 15 Mar - 22:13

Notch wrote:Anyway, the point I was referring to is that England a) gave away some really silly penalties against Wales and b) absolutely butchered a couple of overlaps. There was one 4 on 2, I have no idea how they didn't score.

Fair points. Though you could say the same about Wales (and then watch yourself get ridiculed for saying something slightly positive about their team)... Just kidding Wink. We've not conceded a try when it's been 14 vs 15 so it's always going to be difficult to score tries against Wales, but our defence at Twickenham was the worst all championship. The more experienced guys in the squad were missing one on one tackles, part of what made it just a painful performance to watch. Don't disagree with the result, it was a deserved win for England (my 2nd team).

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next