The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jam tomorrow?

2 posters

Go down

Jam tomorrow? Empty Jam tomorrow?

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed 19 Mar 2014, 3:47 pm

It seeps apposite on this, the Budget Day in the UK to ask the question.

The politicians meither (sp? I can't spell in dialect) on about how good it'll be when they get elected and so on.

But to me it's analogous choosing a meal from a Christmas menu in August when practically you don't have a clue what you'd want come the office party.

The electorate or potential revellers just get to pick from what is on offer.
The real decisions are made by:
a: The people who decide which policies/restaurant to offer
b: The providers (the Party Leaders/Chef) to create the manifesto/menu of what's to be offered and the price list
c: The economic situation/ingredients available in the future to fulfil their promise

d: Also Will their MPs get re-elected/waiters get tipped handsomely?

So it is in rugby
a: The IRB/National Union bosses
b: The Coach/coaching team
c: The players/team a peak and not under-cooked/gone off.

d: That'd be you and me offering the plaudits

I reckon that we've all seen the Faulty Towers gourmet night episode when Basil eventually had to announce "Duck's Off".

So when the wheels eventually come off in 2015 as they will inevitably will for most of us in 2015, who'll be to blame?

To win the Bill, the National Union will have made the correct decisions, The coach will have been correct, And the players will be available and blended into the best team.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Jam tomorrow? Empty Re: Jam tomorrow?

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed 19 Mar 2014, 3:51 pm

I'll start with England.

The most likely people I'd suspect I'll be blaming would be the RFU. Just like last time.

They have for years been utter crepe.

Mismanagement personified.

Although in 2011, I would also lay the blame on the core of senior players who let themselves and their country down.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Wed 19 Mar 2014, 4:45 pm

What do the RFU do so wrong just out of interest?

How do they stifle the team from performing on the pitch?

The RFU certainly hired a man without any coaching experience last time around in Jonno.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Wed 19 Mar 2014, 4:54 pm

I will say one other thing.

The 89 lions tour is thought of as a roaring success. But it came so close to being a disaster. They were utterly smashed in the 1st test, came back strongly in the 2nd and in the 3rd a bit of campo style imploding pushed the series to the Lions.

But how would it have been had campo not messed around.

You would have heard endless chats on in fighting, ignoring of the best performing players in the first test etc etc etc.

Just like in 2001.... had Jonno taken that lineout in the 3rd test and the Lions won it the entire squad would have spoken about the tour like it was paradise on earth throughout.

One big toe to the left or to the right these days has massive impacts on the way we look at other things which in normal cases we would be able to construct a rational point of view from.

Had McAllister not charged up in 2007 no one in NZ would probably have said... "oh Umaga should have stayed".

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed 19 Mar 2014, 5:15 pm

fa0019 wrote:What do the RFU do so wrong just out of interest?

How do they stifle the team from performing on the pitch?

The RFU certainly hired a man without any coaching experience last time around in Jonno.
Yes they did hire Jonno. But to my mind he was better than his previous incumbents though and was blooding new players.

He was a coaching novice at RWC level. But where was Squeaky & Co at the time when the core players (JW excepted) were wrecking our chances? No bloody where.

At Twickers quaffing G&Ts probably. And as I recall they were back in Blighty right-royally screwing up the management leadership of the Union.

Yet they, they found it incumbent on themselves to sack the manager out in the field whilst being unable themselves to effectively manage a fart in their own Y-fronts without following through.

Who'd imagine that RFU officials would ever resist a freebie jolly abroad at the pinnacle of IRB trough snouting?
Has that ever been done before or since?

At the time the one thing that the RFU really needed was a scapegoat.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down