The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

god help us.....another copper box show

+10
eddyfightfan
Strongback
adamk
tommyhearnsprodigalson
superflyweight
spencerclarke
88Chris05
Kurt Ward
wheelchair1991
TopHat24/7
14 posters

Go down

god help us.....another copper box show Empty god help us.....another copper box show

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:18 am

http://www.britishboxers.co.uk/2014/03/frank-warren-reveals-big-night-of-boxing-on-april-12th.html

Frank Warren struggles on will any of you be watching after the last snoozefest

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

god help us.....another copper box show Empty Re: god help us.....another copper box show

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:26 am

Frank should retire.....Becoming a joke...

Warren v Hearn is like Bangor vs Man Utd these days..

Give it up Frank.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

god help us.....another copper box show Empty Re: god help us.....another copper box show

Post by spencerclarke Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:04 am

I'll say it again but the more boxing the better for me. Decent exposure for upcoming fighters. I'd rather boxing be on tv than not, no matter what channel it's on. It's not costing anyone any more money so don't really see the issue.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:13 am

Agree 100% Spencer, if you don't like the card then don't watch it. Worst thing that happened was Sky scraping Friday Fight Nights, these shows where perfect for that.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:18 am

If one is undemanding and happy to be fed turd then fine..good luck.

Then again some on here won't have to pay...which is fine too..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:23 am

C5 would be exposure.

A channel with only 100,000 subs at best, most of which are there for the big cards and international grade stuff, is pretty meaningless.

Though nothing is more laughable that this event being charged for more expensive than Hearn's Wembley gig. More proof Strongy is full of Poopie.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:24 am

Thing is though truss no one thought the Tommy Coyle fight was going to be a decent fight and it ended up as more than likely fight of the year. I dont think the card is fantastic but I've seen far worse. Will probably watch it round with some mates having a few beers. If there are some great fights I'll be well happy. If not then I will still have had a laugh with mates and seen some new boxers at the beginning of their careers. Not sure how I lose out.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:24 am

Are these shows good for boxing though surely these shows will turn people off boxing

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:25 am

I said it's fine Spence...If you like it good for you Mate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:28 am

When did we have a time when we had weekly stacked cards? As nearly every week a card is getting slated. Ive never seen as much boxing as in the last couple of years. I might be one of the few but I'm happy.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:31 am

Sorry gents the whinging wasnt really aimed at you guys. Just seems to be a lot pf people complaining about all things boxing at mo, including cards. I'm loving boxing the last few years. Yes there are issues but I've seen plenty of great fights.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:32 am

I can go to the hall and watch people playing snooker every night...Or I could watch O'Sullivan instead..

Some of us like quality...

Some of us are more used to seeing quality also..

It's about standards...

Coming from where I do..Mine are higher..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:36 am

Haha very good truss. I like to see all levels of boxing. I enjoy seeing the start of a boxers career as well and champion them from the start. Don't want dave accusing me of jumping on band wagons after all. :-)

Every night of boxing for me is an education. Some guys on here have encyclopedic knowledge. Nice to add to my input.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt Ward Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:47 am

Not the best, is it? I might take my nap during it as I prepare to stay up through the night for the Pacman/Bradley rematch.

Kurt Ward

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:48 am

So what you're saying Truss is that unless it's elite level you're not interested? You must miss some top fights, some of the fights people have slated in the last twelve months have been superb to watch.

I prefer to watch boxing, don't mind the level and love going to small hall shows.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:51 am

If you accept crap..You'll keep getting it...

I love soccer but I don't want to watch Didsbury.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:55 am

I don't see what people expect or want from Warren. He can't just curl up, close his eyes and hope that, when he reopens them, Hearn will have magically disappeared. He has to trudge on and his already dwindling stable will dwindle even more if he doesn't give his boys run outs.

At the end of the day, only a small percentage of all fighters and / or promoters make it really, really big. You can't judge everyone against the biggest and best, which Warren isn't a part of anymore, or at least at present.

Glamorous Vegas cards, or sell-outs at Wembley, are all well and good but without these apparently rubbish cards which are somehow bad for the sport, well we wouldn't have a sport left.

If you don't want to watch it, then don't. But how can it be bad for the sport? Are you saying you'd prefer the alternative, which would basically be scrapping any show which isn't deemed big-time and telling all lesser-known fighters to pack it in?

I was at Dave Coldwell's show in Sheffield a few weeks back. No glitz and glamour and a crowd of only about 1,500 - but one of the fights on that bill (Lee Noble vs Dave Fidler) easily topped anything on the Mayweather-Alvarez, Garcia-Matthysse double header in Vegas last September.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:57 am

I go to Whitby Town games as well as my nephews games and they are often far more entertaining than seeing some of the so called big teams play.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:01 am

Good for you Spence...Nice name Whitby...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:07 am

I meant to go to the one in Canada when I was at Toronto but I didn't get the time.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:11 am

hampo171 wrote:Agree 100% Spencer, if you don't like the card then don't watch it. Worst thing that happened was Sky scraping Friday Fight Nights, these shows where perfect for that.

Agreed. Used to see some cracking fights on Friday nights (saw plenty of dross as well - Paul Smith v Tony Quigley) and it was perfect Friday night viewing with a few botlles of beer and a takeaway.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:15 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Frank should retire.....Becoming a joke...

Warren v Hearn is like Bangor vs Man Utd these days..

Give it up Frank.
So, a pretty even match up then?

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:16 am

You're from Scotland....You'll enjoy anything....

Including independence..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:24 am

Friday Fight Nights with World LH Champion TONY 'OAKEY COKEY' OAKEY

"Oim the best LH in the wurrrld and if Roy Jones wants some ee can 'ave it"

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:37 am

Enzo, Smith and Rose could all be World champs soon..

Be afraid...be very afraid..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by tommyhearnsprodigalson Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:44 am

good god almighty just imagine..............

they'll have the records for shortest reigns

tommyhearnsprodigalson

Back to top Go down

Post by adamk Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:51 am

i like the small hall shows... every top fighter started there and its good to see we still have the talent coming through.

we cant expect world class cards everyweek.

was at a southport show a few weeks a go and there wasnt a massive crowd but the atmosphere was great.... better than a few arena shows i've been to.

adamk

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:50 pm

TopHat24/7 wrote:

Though nothing is more laughable that this event being charged for more expensive than Hearn's Wembley gig.  More proof Strongy is full of Poopie.

Hearn will be charging extra on the night for oxygen masks for the £30 seats.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:53 pm

Truss doesn't watch the cards unless they are elite standard.... Yet he has an opinion on EVERYTHING !!

All makes sense now...
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by eddyfightfan Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:58 pm

i dont mind these kind of shows, and eubank jr, hughie fury and eddie chambers are quite big names in comparison to some of the other similar cards (coldwells for example) about at the moment. conquest can normally be counted on to be exciting and skeete looks promising too.

my qualm with warren is that he never develops his talent once he gets them a certain level, and it becomes very difficult to stay interested in a warren fighter when he is knocking over bums every time.

and buglioni is absolutely garbage, some of his opponents my nan could go the distance with

eddyfightfan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:30 am

Not sure what people have against these cards. Were you completely unaware of the existence of none PPV cards before boxnation? Low level cards exist and are necessary, with boxnation showing them you have the choice to watch/not watch. Do you think promoters should simply not develop their talents?

People who only watch the big ppv cards in boxing are like people who only watch the world cup final in football.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:10 am

Used to watch World title boxing every week back home....Get used to having standards....

I understand why you guys don't "Get it"...

But I don't have a problem with it.....You're British..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:03 am

Truss drop the holier than thou crap, it got older a long time ago and is very boring now.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:12 am

I'm getting older too...Hard to lose an old friend..Hampo!!

I do have an opinion on most things...I applaud freedom of speech..

But I rarely comment If ever on small show fighters.

Joshua and the type fight on big shows..

Not interested in chumps fighting...If I was I'd hang around Manchester City center at chucking out time..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:20 am

How do you know they're chumps? You've never seen them but talk like you've watch their whole careers.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:22 am

Exactly Hampo. Reminds me of how Az used to argue about the lower weights yet never watching them. All opinions based on news reports
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:39 am

I was generalising Hampo...

I'll ignore the squirt

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down