The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brainless Australian Team ever

5 posters

Go down

Brainless Australian Team ever Empty Brainless Australian Team ever

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 30 Mar 2014, 5:14 pm

This is the worst Australian team I have seen ever play in an international world cup tournament, no player in the team can play the game in a proper manner, no constructive innings and self demolition.

They think T20 is not a cricket and just hit and miss, its like either hit a six or hold out in the deep. Glen Maxwell was the pathetic example of it, are these players from the same land of M Beaven and S Waugh?  Sad .

M Hayden and M Hussey can hit more sixes than any of these players yet they use to maximize their skills in playing a proper constructive cricket.

Really the way the Aussie team played in all aspect of the game be it bowling batting or fielding utter crap and they don't deserve to be named in the Aussie team.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Brainless Australian Team ever Empty Re: Brainless Australian Team ever

Post by kingraf Sun 30 Mar 2014, 5:25 pm

Eh? I thought Bailey was the captain, and this would be the first step towards him usurping Clarke and taking his rightful place as Skippy? lol.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 30 Mar 2014, 5:46 pm

kingraf wrote:Eh? I thought Bailey was the captain, and this would be the first step towards him usurping Clarke and taking his rightful place as Skippy? lol.

I am form of Bailey but this Australian team sucked big time, which was agreed by himself in the post match presentation that they lacked "GAME SENSE" , which was backed by Ricky Ponting too.

Bailey need to get back into drawing room to sort issues out, but such mindless team presented neither he can do anything special nor Clarke would have done something out of it. thumbsup

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Sun 30 Mar 2014, 5:49 pm

A bit harsh - this tournament was never going to be easy for the Aussies whose strength at the moment is pace bowling. No coincidence that SA are struggling as well and to a lesser extent England.

I am not sure why Aus were the pre-tournament favourites to be honest, I had WI, India, SL and Pakistan all ahead of them with their spin bowling options and ability to play spin.

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 30 Mar 2014, 5:52 pm

South Africa isn't struggling - we are just doing the South African thing - crawling to victories, and climbing out of holes inch by inch - makes a welcome change from the norm (which is looking like a million bucks before coming horribly unstuck)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Sun 30 Mar 2014, 6:03 pm

VTR wrote:A bit harsh - this tournament was never going to be easy for the Aussies

I am a bit harsh and I wanted to be harsh, yes Indians bowled well, but most batsman got out holding on the deep, Shane Watson got a beauty of the delivery but outside that no excuses for the others, Maxwell needs to be suspended for a few matches to understand its not about whacking balls outside boundaries but to play sensible cricket and win the game for the team.

Ponting's team of the past [Hayden, Gilchrisht, Langer/Martyn , Ponting, Hussey, etc,.. ] all had more power than the current crop yet they beauty was they knew how to construct an inning and won't throw a wicket, name 1 player in the current Aussie xI against India who didn't throw his wicket.  picard 

SA are struggling but DeVillers won't throw his wicket like this, Amla certainly wont. thumbsup

Last edited by invisiblecoolers on Sun 30 Mar 2014, 6:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 30 Mar 2014, 6:04 pm

We are not struggling, we are average.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 31 Mar 2014, 12:26 am

You are rightfully harsh, coolers.

It was embarrassing watching this one-speed team perform so miserably. Regardless of whether our players are capable of getting into the right mindset for this format of the game there are many obvious areas which they can improve.

One could normally say that needing 6 runs/over v Pakistan and Windies seemingly on the ropes with about 7-8 overs to go - they should have played with more control and not cracked under pressure and won both games - but hats off to both Pak and WI for showing Australia how it's done. Australia deserves to leave the competition winless. Go Bangladesh!

It's also well known that we rely too much on pace and seam and have a poor history of spin bowling on the sub-continent. Still, the way they leaked runs (pretty much all of our bowlers) was quite distressing to watch. I'm not the biggest fan of T20 but I do make the effort to watch these matches at ungodly hours and you can probably understand how inconvenient it is to witness these blokes "do their stuff".

Completely agree re Maxwell. I went to bed after that silly reverse sweep shot. Honestly - the guy was hitting them beautifully just prior to that... some classic, cleanly hit slogs. Then he does that! Disappointed with our openers and Starc's bowling too. He looks shot!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by invisiblecoolers Mon 31 Mar 2014, 5:04 pm

Linebreaker wrote:You are rightfully harsh, coolers.

It was embarrassing watching this one-speed team perform so miserably. Regardless of whether our players are capable of getting into the right mindset for this format of the game there are many obvious areas which they can improve.

One could normally say that needing 6 runs/over v Pakistan and Windies seemingly on the ropes with about 7-8 overs to go - they should have played with more control and not cracked under pressure and won both games - but hats off to both Pak and WI for showing Australia how it's done. Australia deserves to leave the competition winless. Go Bangladesh!

It's also well known that we rely too much on pace and seam and have a poor history of spin bowling on the sub-continent. Still, the way they leaked runs (pretty much all of our bowlers) was quite distressing to watch. I'm not the biggest fan of T20 but I do make the effort to watch these matches at ungodly hours and you can probably understand how inconvenient it is to witness these blokes "do their stuff".

Completely agree re Maxwell. I went to bed after that silly reverse sweep shot. Honestly - the guy was hitting them beautifully just prior to that... some classic, cleanly hit slogs. Then he does that! Disappointed with our openers and Starc's bowling too. He looks shot!

thumbsup 

While Winning and Losing is part of the game, Aussie teams of the past are known for fighting spirit , I didn't see 1% of that spirit in this squad. I guess CA hasn't taken the format seriously till now, or it is just the fundamental understanding of the format is completely wrong, T20 is still a cricket and not Hit and Giggle.

Yea I do wish BD beat Aus a big whack for the Management to wake up for the crisis.

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 04 Apr 2014, 4:10 am

Our wimmin on the other hand....  Smile 

They're more clued up and are very good at this format. Lots of respect for the opposition but still ruthless in their application and sensible in their approach. Of course, they can still falter on occasion (mainly to England) but they have confidence in their ability to ram home any advantage or opportunity 9 times out of 10.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down