The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The matches you can't wait to see

+4
ADMIN
hodge
randy-poffo
ShockmasterV2
8 posters

Go down

The matches you can't wait to see Empty The matches you can't wait to see

Post by ShockmasterV2 Wed 26 Jan 2011, 9:18 pm

Hi all, new poster and as always i feel inclined to say... ' Been reading alot and decided to start interacting '.

Basically, as a youngster i was always in love with the way highfliers used to (excuse the pun) fly around the ring, growing up watching the likes of Rey, Juventud Guerrera, RVD, Jeff and Matt (to an extent) Hardy were the wrestling highlight of my life. Obviously as you get older and decide to read more and more about wrestling (thanks to you guys) you learn to appreciate ring craftmanship and the high technicalities of wrestling.

So, to conclude this topic im merely asking...
v2.
What are the matches you look forward to watching most?

- Is it the highfliers?
- Technical wrestlers?
- Powerhouses, clash of the titans kind of thing
- Rivalries -> could be a mixture of all the above, but everybody loves a Michaels Vs Taker match

Obviously i've missed a few of the types out, but feel free to comment and obviously im glad to be here on 606v2 and hope you lot welcome me with open arms!

ShockmasterV2
ShockmasterV2
ShockmasterV2

Back to top Go down

The matches you can't wait to see Empty Re: The matches you can't wait to see

Post by randy-poffo Wed 26 Jan 2011, 9:31 pm

I've never really been worried about the style of match that was being shown,as long as the build of the feud is good any type of wrestling style can be good to watch.
I suppose if i had to just watch a match with out any build up it would be the technical style.

randy-poffo

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 26 Jan 2011, 10:22 pm

i dont particularly mind the type of wrestler that they are however the skill level has to be there, a supposed technical wrestler who infact isnt that great wouldnt appeal to me in a match for obvious reasons.

The match/fued i'm looking forward to most when/if it comes around is Daniel Bryan Vs Jack Swagger, just that it could be 5* in terms of the matches and coule be a potential future Wrestlemania main event by how WWE views both guys.

However rivalry/storyline wise Triple H Vs Undertaker for me if they do it again. I only started watching wrestling say 5 years ago, so they have not had all that much interaction on screen presumably due to the backstage politics and Undertaker generally being on SD and Triple H on Raw.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by ShockmasterV2 Wed 26 Jan 2011, 11:18 pm

hodge, i agree to an extent, although theres something about the Undertake that has never really ceased to amaze me!

I'm not a fan of someone who just keeps coming back from the dead, although true to the point he really is one of the greatest of all time. I think Triple H on the other hand still has much to offer, great physical condition (cough cough) and is probably why i favour bigger wrestlers and perhaps discredit those like the Taker (decent build, great worker).

ShockmasterV2
ShockmasterV2

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Wed 26 Jan 2011, 11:43 pm

ShockmasterV2 wrote:hodge, i agree to an extent, although theres something about the Undertake that has never really ceased to amaze me!

I'm not a fan of someone who just keeps coming back from the dead, although true to the point he really is one of the greatest of all time. I think Triple H on the other hand still has much to offer, great physical condition (cough cough) and is probably why i favour bigger wrestlers and perhaps discredit those like the Taker (decent build, great worker).

The reason i picked Triple H Vs Undertaker is because they are both top stars but never seem to cross each other so its fresh, if i had to pick one to see in another fued however it would be Triple H. Undertaker is too beat up now to keep to a high standard and you only see Taker in 1 or 2 fueds a year now.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Wed 26 Jan 2011, 11:54 pm

Really looking forward to Tyler Black's full debut, feuding with Danielson and Punk in the WWE. Had really hoped that when Samoa Joe's contract ran out a few weeks ago that he'd have been snapped up as I'd have loved to see him v Punk again.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by pauline1981 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 1:28 pm

flair verses sting cant wait

pauline1981

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:05 pm

I have always been a sucker for monster v monster. Or giant v giant. I can safely presume I was the only one from 606v2 who marked out when Ezekiel Jackson cam down on Smackdown to face Mark Henry. The match would have been much better if it wasnt a squash though. Cant even remember Jackson getting Henry off his feet!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by theundisputedY2D2 Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:39 pm

Welcome to the board thumbsup

If I had to plump for one style of match it'd be the technical style. But regardless of the style I'm more interested in feuds that have an interesting storyline attached to them.

One match I'm really looking forward to when it happens is Randy Orton versus Daniel Bryan, I think those two could work really well together. Possible WHC match at Wrestlemania 28?

theundisputedY2D2

Location : Down By The Clyde, Near The SECC - You Can't Miss It!

Back to top Go down

Post by Celtic Warrior Mon 12 Sep 2011, 2:56 pm

I have to be honest, if I am watching a PPV without knowing the build up (I'm looking at you TNA) then it will generally be the highfliers/X Division that I expect to steal the show.

I think that because of the aerial ability and some of the moves these guys can pull off it is the style that most helps to suspend the viewers disbelief.

I would always prefer to watch a Technical styled match, but I always expect the high fliers to be the match I'll remember at the end of the event. (If that makes any sense!)

I have to disagree with Shot21 LCFC though. Giant Vs Giant is a borefest sa far as I'm concerned. The matches are slow paced and don't have much to keep you occupied.

Celtic Warrior

http://officerrahl.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down