The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mike Catt : Nowell beat New Zealand

+7
Geordie
GunsGerms
Taylorman
hugo124
kingraf
LondonTiger
GloriousEmpire
11 posters

Go down

Mike Catt : Nowell beat New Zealand Empty Mike Catt : Nowell beat New Zealand

Post by GloriousEmpire Tue 22 Apr 2014, 6:17 pm

http://www.rfu.com/news/2014/april/news-articles/220414_catt_nz?utm_source=Social&utm_medium=media&utm_campaign=2014

Mike Catt has recently finished adding up the tries England scored in this years six nations and after subtracting the number they scored last year has determined that this "indisputable" evidence points to the impact of...Jack Nowell.

NZ will be ripped apart by the new latest saviour of English running rugby, as he would have it.

Interesting. Which all leads me to ask: concussion in rugby...are we doing enough to protect players from the long term effects?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Mike Catt : Nowell beat New Zealand Empty Re: Mike Catt : Nowell beat New Zealand

Post by LondonTiger Tue 22 Apr 2014, 6:39 pm

Your ability to read an article, then summarise it with such amazing levels of accuracy astounds me.

If only you had not been born too late - a career as editor of Der Stürmer or  Правда would surely have beckoned.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Mike Catt : Nowell beat New Zealand Empty Re: Mike Catt : Nowell beat New Zealand

Post by kingraf Tue 22 Apr 2014, 6:54 pm

I'm not on here long enough for GE's articles to irritate me. As a result, that made my evening
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Tue 22 Apr 2014, 7:08 pm

Did you see what I did in the title? Im well chuffed with myself over that.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by hugo124 Tue 22 Apr 2014, 7:28 pm

Good clean topic with clear, concise facts. Well done empire

hugo124

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 22 Apr 2014, 7:33 pm

It is pretty clever wordplay, and manipulation of syllables.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Fri 25 Apr 2014, 12:49 am

GloriousEmpire wrote:

Interesting. Which all leads me to ask: concussion in rugby...are we doing enough to protect players from the long term effects?

Very good...about as subtle as it gets... Whistle 

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 25 Apr 2014, 9:28 am

Nowell is a pretty decent player I reckon. He has the talent anyway.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 25 Apr 2014, 10:39 am

Guns....run and hide and save yourself now!!!...Anyone showing any kind of praise for Nowell on this site are hung, shot and quartered!!

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 25 Apr 2014, 10:45 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Guns....run and hide and save yourself now!!!...Anyone showing any kind of praise for Nowell on this site are hung, shot and quartered!!

He had a good and bad six nations but you can see that he does have some strong qualities. He is a fluid runner and has a nice balance to his game. I honestly like the look of Nowell apart from his haircut. Showing potential means nothing though if you cant back it up.

Luke Fitz being a good example in Ireland. Probably one of the most naturally gifted backs to wear the shirt in a long time but injuries and very poor decision making means he hasnt really amounted to much.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 25 Apr 2014, 10:51 am

Ive said the same about him on many threads on here and just got shot down in flames.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 25 Apr 2014, 10:58 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Ive said the same about him on many threads on here and just got shot down in flames.

Well I tend to only get shot down when I criticise English players like Goode and Brown so I think Ill be ok on this one.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 25 Apr 2014, 11:01 am

Got to agree, his haircut is terrible

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 25 Apr 2014, 11:05 am

Ill give you Goode...but i can understand if you criticise Brown  Wink 

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 25 Apr 2014, 12:06 pm

Nowell will be just fine its just gonna take a few years (when he eventually shaves his head switches back to FB and becomes Brown mkII).

Look at Marler - rubbished for a couple of seasons and now becoming a very classy player.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 25 Apr 2014, 12:09 pm

lostinwales wrote:Nowell will be just fine its just gonna take a few years (when he eventually shaves his head switches back to FB and becomes Brown mkII).

Look at Marler - rubbished for a couple of seasons and now becoming a very classy player.

Brown wasnt great for a good while too and look at him now.  Run 

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Fri 25 Apr 2014, 1:44 pm

Still ridiculously early to be drawing conclusions on Nowell. It seems, as with all fresh new faces on the scene, people either want to build him up as the future or dismiss him as a hype job. I never understand why most want to embrace one of two extremes when there's a myriad of middle routes Nowell could go down. He could be a terrible/poor/average/decent/good/excellent/fantastic club player and a terrible/poor/average/decent/good/excellent/fantastic international from here on out. Many fans and critics who should frankly know better neglect this entirely. At this stage his record tells us very little... what is it, 2 tries for Exeter and 1 for England?

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 25 Apr 2014, 2:00 pm

Knowsit17 wrote:Still ridiculously early to be drawing conclusions on Nowell. It seems, as with all fresh new faces on the scene, people either want to build him up as the future or dismiss him as a hype job. I never understand why most want to embrace one of two extremes when there's a myriad of middle routes Nowell could go down. He could be a terrible/poor/average/decent/good/excellent/fantastic club player and a terrible/poor/average/decent/good/excellent/fantastic international from here on out. Many fans and critics who should frankly know better neglect this entirely. At this stage his record tells us very little... what is it, 2 tries for Exeter and 1 for England?

That is mostly true but we do all look for potential and at the kind of mistakes players make now and how easily the problems can be fixed. With Nowell one of the big problems was making some bad errors of judgement, and its that kind of thing (if the player has any brains at all) that you would expect to improve a great deal with experience. He does appear to have a lot of good things going for him too, good defense, a bit of speed, and most importantly a great attitude.

The chances are higher that he will become a better player than he is now.

There is also a chance he will get injured or just generally have his form go down the pan. Time will tell

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Mon 28 Apr 2014, 8:47 am

Hey, he's no May....
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down