The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Samoan Player Laughed at for Disgraceful Dive

+11
brennomac
quinsforever
XR
Geordie
Golden
Notch
Cyril
clivemcl
HammerofThunor
MrsP
Engine#4
15 posters

Go down

Samoan Player Laughed at for Disgraceful Dive Empty Samoan Player Laughed at for Disgraceful Dive

Post by Engine#4 Wed 23 Apr 2014, 6:57 pm

During a 7s rugby match between Vaiala and Vailele in Samoa, a head-banded forward threw a slap at an opposition back and copped a wee rap on the chin in return.  He then threw himself to the ground and looked to the referee before turning over and burying his face in the turf.  His performance was greeted with howls of laughter from the crowd, the opposition, the referee and even his own embarrassed teammates.  Enjoy  laughing 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYDu9atksuU#t=27

Engine#4

Back to top Go down

Samoan Player Laughed at for Disgraceful Dive Empty Re: Samoan Player Laughed at for Disgraceful Dive

Post by MrsP Wed 23 Apr 2014, 8:25 pm

I'd have shown him a RC!

MrsP

Back to top Go down

Samoan Player Laughed at for Disgraceful Dive Empty Re: Samoan Player Laughed at for Disgraceful Dive

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 23 Apr 2014, 8:38 pm

That's quite a bit more blatant than I was expecting. Should have been a yellow though

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by clivemcl Wed 23 Apr 2014, 8:54 pm

Ridiculous! ...but I do feel for anyone who gets laughed at by such a huge number of people. Cringe!

clivemcl

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Wed 23 Apr 2014, 8:59 pm

Very funny!

To be fair to the guy, he does look pretty shame-faced afterwards. The ref's reaction is brilliant Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 23 Apr 2014, 9:04 pm

I hope he's a better rugby player than he is an actor!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Wed 23 Apr 2014, 9:05 pm

Was he not just taking the p1ss? God I hope he was anyway

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 23 Apr 2014, 9:11 pm

Yeah it looked to.me like he was just having a laugh. Bit of a joker if you ask me.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by XR Thu 24 Apr 2014, 8:00 am

I would hope he was taking the michael.

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 24 Apr 2014, 3:39 pm

he's clearly taking the p1ss. that's pretty funny. nice to see players able to be so relaxed that they can do that mid-game.

as opposed to this one....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyNl7kOQD0U

match abandoned after 5 fryston players get sent off..

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Thu 24 Apr 2014, 3:40 pm

That lad could teach Pepe of Real Madrid a few shamming lessons

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by brennomac Thu 24 Apr 2014, 3:51 pm

That lad could teach Pepe of Real Madrid a few shamming lessons

brennomac

Back to top Go down

Post by Knowsit17 Thu 24 Apr 2014, 4:42 pm

Looks purely light-hearted to me, no actual intention to deceive. Maybe teasing the guy who rapped him.

Either that or he has an IQ of 10

Knowsit17

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 25 Apr 2014, 12:40 pm

Olivier Azam did similar years ago when Tom James squared up to him, it was very humiliating for Azam (who ended up on the losing side anyway).

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 25 Apr 2014, 11:25 pm

Haha clearly a joke. Great way to just diffuse the fight hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 26 Apr 2014, 12:42 am

Mikaele's a real character, I just cant believe so many of you took it so seriously.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sat 26 Apr 2014, 7:38 am

typical Island humour isnt it Laurie...we see it all the time. Reminds me of a school match where our Samoan halfback tore around the blindside, beat one or two tackles to do an over the top try scoring dive in the corner...to find he was only on the 22 line.

All the players, the mostly Island crowd, eventually including the player, were laughing for so long...you know that screeching, hysterical laughter you get when theyre having fun. Was hilarious.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 26 Apr 2014, 9:02 am

The way Samoans laugh is hillarious

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 26 Apr 2014, 9:06 am

Its funnier still after theyve had a few beers.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down