The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

is nadal getting bored of winning?

+8
laverfan
banbrotam
naxroy
DJB14
CaledonianCraig
ChequeredJersey
Jahu
TopoftheChops
12 posters

Go down

is nadal getting bored of winning? Empty is nadal getting bored of winning?

Post by TopoftheChops Fri 25 Apr 2014 - 18:33

he threw it away against nicolas alchoko

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

is nadal getting bored of winning? Empty Re: is nadal getting bored of winning?

Post by Jahu Fri 25 Apr 2014 - 18:37

Nadal has lost his mind since AO. Disaster.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Sun 27 Apr 2014 - 3:07

I think that like Novak he really isn't comfortable defending number one
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Sun 27 Apr 2014 - 6:57

ChequeredJersey wrote:I think that like Novak he really isn't comfortable defending number one

No that doesn't explain away these improbable defeats on his favourite surface. He has been No.1 before during the clay season but never ever lost to players he'd expect to beat in straight sets. Losing against the likes of Ferrer and Almagro ON CLAY in successive tournaments before the semi-final stage at tournaments he has been unbeatable at for about eight years is a trend that will concern Rafa fans quite a lot.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by DJB14 Sun 27 Apr 2014 - 10:34

I agree with CC I don't think it has anything to do with defending number 1. The AO loss has shaken him to his very core and he is struggling to 'find a solution' as he says.

I wonder if this year will be like 2011 where the whole time I was wondering when are we going to see the Nadal of the US Open final less than a year ago? Already he is showing the shakes he had in 2011 by double faulting on break points and throwing in bad service games when he has just broken.

DJB14

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Tue 29 Apr 2014 - 18:02

apart from the loss to djokovic which is perfectly normal
nadal showed these head to head prior to their encounters vs the 4 players that beat him this season:
wawrinka 12-0
dolgopolov 5-0
almagro 10-0
ferrer 21-5

48-5 with only ferrer knowing what victory felt like, and not having beat him on clay since 2004

I dont think nadal is bored, I think we finally are seeing his downfall... right after his last glance

its a pitty, but thats sport. I wish to be wrong though

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by banbrotam Tue 29 Apr 2014 - 22:12

I see that the the quality of articles has increased in proportion to Rafa's clay court prowess

Will all the old 606'ers please come back including those who think Murray is some kind of wimpy pusher

Yes. We're that desperate

CC - I admire your consistency, in trying to keep the standard up. I fear though, a bit like your country's quest for independence, it is doomed to failure  Wink 

banbrotam

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 3:00

naxroy wrote:I dont think nadal is bored, I think we finally are seeing his downfall... right after his last glance

its a pitty, but thats sport. I wish to be wrong though

He started winning at 15+, so at 27, he already has 12+ years of dominance on Clay.

Father Time waits for no one. To leave such an imprint on Tennis history as no one else could (Borg perhaps could have, had he stayed), it is an excellent career to be proud of.

It will be sad to see Fedal leave center stage, but C'est La Vie.

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 11:03

banbrotam wrote:I see that the the quality of articles has increased in proportion to Rafa's clay court prowess

Will all the old 606'ers please come back including those who think Murray is some kind of wimpy pusher

CC - I admire your consistency, in trying to keep the standard  up. I fear though, a bit like your country's quest for independence, it is doomed to failure  Wink 

Odd post banbro.

If we are bringing politics into this then that post welcoming back wind-up posters to create discussion is like inviting BNP and UKIP supporters for political incite. Pretty pointless really as their viewpoints are not useful, constructive or warranted.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 11:46

banbrotam wrote:I see that the the quality of articles has increased in proportion to Rafa's clay court prowess

CC - I admire your consistency, in trying to keep the standard  up. I fear though, a bit like your country's quest for independence, it is doomed to failure  Wink 

To be fair, murray was a pusher around 2009/10.

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Wed 30 Apr 2014 - 13:07

CaledonianCraig wrote:

Odd post banbro.

If we are bringing politics into this then that post welcoming back wind-up posters to create discussion is like inviting BNP and UKIP supporters for political incite. Pretty pointless really as their viewpoints are not useful, constructive or warranted.

I've always been of the view that politics has no part to play on a tennis forum, so I'll steer clear of making any comment on BNP, UKIP and the merits or otherwise of Scottish Independence.

But on the central issue of "welcoming back wind-up posters" ...... I agree 100% with CC that they have no useful or constructive place here on 606.

Let's not forget that a key ethos behind the creation of v2 was an intolerance of the negative, repetitive and wilful mischief peddled by the dinosaur WUM's. Their malicious waffle had long ago become tedious in the extreme and very few genuine & right-minded tennis fans will mourn their loss.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by naxroy Tue 17 Jun 2014 - 5:35

mmm was I pesimistic a few weeks ago

naxroy

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Tue 17 Jun 2014 - 8:54

OP answer, er no.
What does happen though is the small events don't become as important to them anymore...as Sampras once said "it's all about the slams"...
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by CaledonianCraig Tue 17 Jun 2014 - 9:22

lydian wrote:OP answer, er no.
What does happen though is the small events don't become as important to them anymore...as Sampras once said "it's all about the slams"...

Yes I think Murray is at that stage as well. He has said as much himself - not sure I agree with it nut there you go.
CaledonianCraig
CaledonianCraig

Back to top Go down

Post by AFCWomble42 Tue 17 Jun 2014 - 10:46

I'm not sure that it's so much about not being bothered about the smaller events as the fact that miles on the clock mean that they have to prioritise more.

Rafa used to go full out the whole of the clay season, but I think since he came back last year, that part of the season has been more about peaking for the 2nd week at RG and anything else is gravy. I know he won Barcelona, Madrid and Rome in 2013, but there was some luck in that run combined with some below par performances from Novak.

AFCWomble42

Back to top Go down

Post by kneel_before_nadal Mon 23 Jun 2014 - 17:06

In 2013 Nadal became the first man ever to win Indian Wells Masters, Canada Masters, Cincy Masters and US Open in a calendar year.....
kneel_before_nadal
kneel_before_nadal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down