The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWA - Create Your Own Very Wrestling Promotion

+9
imprettyfly
Thunder87
Looseheaded
jai.roberts
x12x
Fernando
Marky
Good Golly I'm Olly
The_Enigma
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WWA - Create Your Own Very Wrestling Promotion Empty WWA - Create Your Own Very Wrestling Promotion

Post by The_Enigma Mon 05 May 2014, 11:08 am

Have you ever fancied yourself as a wrestling booker? Got the perfect storyline to finally turn John Cena Heel? Feel like a talent is misused or ever wanted to push a Mid-Card Talent like Kofi Kingston, Cesaro or Mr. Anderson into the Main Event Scene? Well with WWA, you finally get your chance!

Your job is to become the Booker of your very own wrestling promotion and assemble a roster combined with superstars from across the globe including promotions such as WWE, TNA, ROH and talent from Mexico, Japan, USA, UK, Europe and the rest of the world with over 150 wrestlers available to choose from and that's not even counting the WWE, WCW & ECW Legends on offer. You will be given a 'Starting Roster' and a £75 Million Transfer Budget to buy, sell, swap and trade wrestlers with other bookers within WWA to create your ideal roster.

From here you will have to produce a compelling weekly show consisting of writing storyline driven short matches, backstage segments, interviews and whatever else as you compete against other bookers all season in a weekly fixture as you compete in a league, along with weekly injuries and the bigger wrestling promotions sniffing around your talent with weekly bids to buy your talent. Following the weekly TV shows, there will also be 2 PPV shows within one season where all the big points are on offer as you bid to continue pushing or as an opportunity to close existing storylines.

Weekly Show Rules
* Max of 6 Matches (no limit on PPV's)
* To be Written in Bullet Point Form
* 1 Bullet Point = 1 Line of Writing
* Max of 10 Bullet points per match
* Promos are to be brief, just a rough idea of what is happening. These do not cut into your match bullet points
* You Can Not Use Yourself As GM, this is why you are given one in your starting roster

If you have any more questions or would like to join WWA this season, just simply reply to this thread. We are looking to get started within the next 2/3 weeks with places limited to between 8-12 per season. An official sign-up sheet will be posted within the coming days.

Season 7 Sign-Up List

#1 - ncfc_Tooze
#2 - Fernando
#3 - Enigma
#4 - Olly / Marky
#5 - xviperx
#6 - jai.roberts
#7 - ???
#8 - ???

#9 - TBC
#10 - TBC

#11 -TBC
#12 - TBC

Last edited by The_Enigma on Mon 05 May 2014, 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

WWA - Create Your Own Very Wrestling Promotion Empty Re: WWA - Create Your Own Very Wrestling Promotion

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 05 May 2014, 11:25 am

I'd be interested in doing this, ideally like to share running a promotion with someone tho
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

WWA - Create Your Own Very Wrestling Promotion Empty Re: WWA - Create Your Own Very Wrestling Promotion

Post by Marky Mon 05 May 2014, 11:43 am

Hi.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 05 May 2014, 11:54 am

Marky wrote:Hi.

I'm gay
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Mon 05 May 2014, 11:59 am

Olly wrote:
Marky wrote:Hi. My Name's Olly.

I'm gay

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 05 May 2014, 12:26 pm

Marky would you co run a promotion, is that what you're implying?
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 05 May 2014, 12:42 pm

I'm in for sure! Hopefully this time around we'll have people who stick around the whole time Smile

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Mon 05 May 2014, 2:33 pm

I'd like to bring my fed back count me in guys

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by Looseheaded Mon 05 May 2014, 4:29 pm

sounds cool

Looseheaded

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Mon 05 May 2014, 4:33 pm

Guys, the sign-up list has now been updated. If there's any problems please don't hesitate to ask if anything needs editing or changing. Olly/Marky am I right in assuming that you to will be working together this season?

There are 8 spaces on a first come, first signed up basis. If there's more demand for it then we will look to increase spaces to 10 or even 12. Spread the word if you think other people on here would be interested e.g Thunder, JJ Johnson...

I'm also no against working with somebody as part of a team. I've got loads of ideas coming off last season so would just need somebody to bounce ideas off and look for more suggestions and input on more as the season progresses. Perfect role if somebody is looking to take a back seat.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Mon 05 May 2014, 5:55 pm

I'll speak to Mike (Thunder) and see but he's not really on here anymore and I assume JJ will be busy with 6CW but you never know...I think 8 is a good size because anything over 10 would be hard work to read all the shows and be more likely for people to noshow...the downside with 8 people though is the starting rosters are much stronger and it's harder to trade haha

Happy for it to be back, for people looking to sign up it's a lot of fun but it can also be a lot of work so make sure you have the time/motivation Smile

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Tue 06 May 2014, 9:46 am

For me, it would all depend on the start date. Oh an hi, I am still alive.

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 06 May 2014, 9:49 am

Olly wrote:Marky would you co run a promotion, is that what you're implying?
OH MARKY
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 06 May 2014, 10:53 am

I want everyone to rest assured that this season I will NOT be giving Justin Roberts the world title...or hiring Eugene.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Tue 06 May 2014, 11:08 am

Thunder87 wrote:For me, it would all depend on the start date. Oh an hi, I am still alive.

Obviously the quicker we fill the spaces, the quicker the new season will start. We are looking at towards the end of May, so let's say the 20th or the 27th of May with the first week more about getting everything together such as rosters and such. Your always welcome to join up with somebody else. Welcome back btw.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Tue 06 May 2014, 8:32 pm

Thank you Enigma, if the first weeks for shows to go up is the 27th or after then yeah, I'll jump on board. I can do pre season stuff before then, but I won't have the time to write decent shows.

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 06 May 2014, 8:35 pm

Ooo I'm not gonna be able to participate fully until about June 12th when my exams finish
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 06 May 2014, 9:32 pm

#iwantmyroster
#enigmawillyoutakebribes?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 06 May 2014, 9:36 pm

Asking the wrong person as usual Viper.  Laugh 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 06 May 2014, 10:25 pm

Who do I have to bribe around here to get Zach Gowen and David Flair!?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 06 May 2014, 10:32 pm

Me i can sneak them in under legends for £20  Laugh Laugh 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed 07 May 2014, 12:00 am

HAHA My days of stupid purchases in WWA are over...for this season anyway.
This season will not see me hiring Zach Gowen, Justin Roberts (as a wrestler), Crash Holly, Spike Dudley or Snooki...I will also avoid any celebrities like Drew Carey like the plague!

Have to say though, putting Zach Gowen in the figure on leg lock may just be a highlight for me!

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed 07 May 2014, 10:07 am

Looseheaded wrote:sounds cool

Looseheaded - There's one remaining spot, you interested?

Olly wrote:Ooo I'm not gonna be able to participate fully until about June 12th when my exams finish

Olly - If it's a problem, I'm sure we can work around pushing the deadline back, otherwise if you are working with Marky, he may be able to contribute slightly more in the first couple of weeks?

Thunder87 wrote:Thank you Enigma, if the first weeks for shows to go up is the 27th or after then yeah, I'll jump on board. I can do pre season stuff before then, but I won't have the time to write decent shows.

Thunder - I will add you to the list.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 07 May 2014, 11:55 am

Olly wrote:
OH MARKY

Yeah.

Depending on when WWA begins I can do more of the writing early on.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed 07 May 2014, 12:03 pm

Maybe have 3 weeks of trading and foreign transfers? That will give us the chance to plan shows and means Thunder and Olly will be around.

When are we looking at getting the rosters?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Wed 07 May 2014, 12:33 pm

We've tried this before with releasing rosters early and allowing extra time for trading but by the time the first show deadline has come around, all the buzz and excitement has gone which is why normally release them 7-10 days learner.

Roster's are roughly 50% finished. We have to wait on numbers to see if we have to change things around and we're discussing any extra's that we might want to include this year.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 07 May 2014, 12:47 pm

Marky wrote:
Olly wrote:
OH MARKY

Yeah.

Depending on when WWA begins I can do more of the writing early on.
We'll sort it out over a PM babes xxxx
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Wed 07 May 2014, 1:45 pm

I had an idea of a free agent, basically it's someone you bid for straight away before you have your rosters and it guarantees them to your roster...if you pick someone who someone else goes for though you miss out on them and they're added to the random rosters again

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Wed 07 May 2014, 11:08 pm

I'm liking Vipers idea ... basically each owner messages the mod of wwa who they would like in there fed and each guy gets them as long as nobody else has them in their pick, So if two feds pick John Cena, no fed gets him and it back at random, but if only one fed picks him then they get him ..... such a good idea

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 08 May 2014, 4:14 am

The only issues is we have three feds who would know who everyone is picking as they are the mods so I can see the bad points too it as well.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by imprettyfly Thu 08 May 2014, 9:34 am

I would love to do this, but i can also see me no-showing some weeks...

Plus Mario Kart 8 is out soon...

imprettyfly

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 08 May 2014, 9:37 am

I don't mean to put pressure on people but if you have the slight feeling you might no show then don't do it, the guys put a lot of work in to setting it up so people should be sure they can do it.

I know I sound a bit OTT about it but it's such a cool thing to be part of and I don't want to see it ruined.

#buzzkill

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 08 May 2014, 9:42 am

#viperout
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by imprettyfly Thu 08 May 2014, 9:43 am

I was just being honest. I know what i can be like

imprettyfly

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 08 May 2014, 9:56 am

Imprettyfly - There's one spot remaining so it's there if you want it. Honestly, if feel that you can't give it your fullest attention it may be best to find somebody to team up with.

Guys, the 'Draft Pick' idea so to speak will be discussed between the 3 of us. As I've already said, will will never turn down an idea without discussing unless it's previously not work in past seasons.

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 08 May 2014, 10:54 am

Olly wrote:#viperout

Like Norwich from the premiership?

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 08 May 2014, 11:21 am

xviperx wrote:

*puts vipers show last on his voting card*
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Thu 08 May 2014, 11:47 am

WWA - Create Your Own Very Wrestling Promotion 1398535734299_lc_galleryImage_MANCHESTER_ENGLAND_APRIL_

Love you really

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 08 May 2014, 11:48 am

Oh god you're not a United fan are ya?!

The one game you had to turn up for was us!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by imprettyfly Thu 08 May 2014, 12:04 pm

The_Enigma wrote:Imprettyfly - There's one spot remaining so it's there if you want it. Honestly, if feel that you can't give it your fullest attention it may be best to find somebody to team up with.

If no one steps forward ill take it, give you a round set of participants. There's nothing worse than playing a game of five a side when one team only has four.

How's that? If someone will come in, who will give it more attention than me then fine ill step aside.

imprettyfly

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 08 May 2014, 12:15 pm

That's fine imprettyfly - I will send you a PM closer to the date just to make sure you are in this season. If any other's want to join in the meantime, I will offer them the opportunity to work with you so you don't have all the work load Smile

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by jai.roberts Thu 08 May 2014, 12:54 pm

So if we got everyone now when do we get the rosters?

jai.roberts

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Thu 08 May 2014, 1:07 pm

Official Dates will hopefully be released either tomorrow or at some point over this weekend along with a shiny new Season 7 Homepage!

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder87 Fri 09 May 2014, 10:52 am

I've got my idea now, so I'm getting a little itchy. I don't think I can pull it off but we shall see.

Thunder87

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 09 May 2014, 11:02 am

I have my basic 'big' idea but as always it depends on who I get/who I can get, I have a list that would take a miracle to get haha

#prayforme

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by imprettyfly Fri 09 May 2014, 11:41 am

Just going to put it out there... if anyone else selects the "Brooklyn Brawler" as their legend I'm going to put you out of business. and probably tell your mum.

Thanks

(Disclaimer: im not actually going to pick Steve Lombardi, IRS however...)

imprettyfly

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Fri 09 May 2014, 11:45 am

When do you think we'll get the rosters? I'm working all weekend so won't be around so Monday seems like a good date  Whistle 

Have we heard anything about the 'free agent' idea yet? I thought maybe it could be a public one and if two people want the same they have to bid for them, this gives everyone the chance to get one pick even if it's a back up guy.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 09 May 2014, 12:16 pm

Announcement regarding nXtreme due soon

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 09 May 2014, 12:52 pm

Olly wrote:
xviperx wrote:

*puts vipers show last on his voting card*

Oh good, you're doing the voting  Very Happy 

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 09 May 2014, 3:16 pm

xviperx wrote:When do you think we'll get the rosters? I'm working all weekend so won't be around so Monday seems like a good date  Whistle 

Have we heard anything about the 'free agent' idea yet? I thought maybe it could be a public one and if two people want the same they have to bid for them, this gives everyone the chance to get one pick even if it's a back up guy.

Well i shall do them when i get the all clear from Tooze.

Free agents wise it got voted down by 2 to 1 - You get what you're given ladies and shall encourage trading  thumbsup 

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next