The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group B - Spain, Netherlands, Chile & Australia

+14
Kurt N. Jurqa
Nakatomi Plaza
monty junior
Good Golly I'm Olly
J.Benson II
Fernando
Pal Joey
LastDamnation
Crimey
Dolphin Ziggler
NickisBHAFC
Duty281
TopoftheChops
Hero
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Group B - Spain, Netherlands, Chile & Australia - Page 2 Empty Group B - Spain, Netherlands, Chile & Australia

Post by Hero Sat 10 May 2014, 4:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

Discuss all Group B teams and matches here

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Group B - Spain, Netherlands, Chile & Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Group B - Spain, Netherlands, Chile & Australia

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 18 Jun 2014, 7:50 pm

But they never looked good. Gobble up one performance all you want,

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Group B - Spain, Netherlands, Chile & Australia - Page 2 Empty Re: Group B - Spain, Netherlands, Chile & Australia

Post by Crimey Wed 18 Jun 2014, 10:04 pm

Yeah, still don't think Netherlands will go far, can see Chile pipping them to top spot and then Netherlands to go out to Brazil.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 18 Jun 2014, 10:06 pm

Thought the Dutch looked vulnerable today, and really we've seen now the Spain result was just as much down to there amazing incompetence as it was Dutch brilliance
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 18 Jun 2014, 10:36 pm

Crimey wrote:Yeah, still don't think Netherlands will go far, can see Chile pipping them to top spot and then Netherlands to go out to Brazil.

Exactly this, just so long as Chile play on Monday with the same intensity as they did today.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Jun 2014, 10:45 pm

Are Robben/RVP both suspended? Its a 5pm kick off too, heat will favour Chile aswell.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Mon 23 Jun 2014, 7:11 pm

Hero wrote:I'm going for a Netherlands shock group win, although I think Spain will get further.

1. Netherlands
2. Spain
3. Chile
4. Australia

Yeah okay Spain imploded but boom get in my Dutch beauties!!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 23 Jun 2014, 8:45 pm

Are you enjoying the Dutch? LVG has brought Mourinho football to Holland.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Tue 24 Jun 2014, 12:31 pm

He's brought playing the right tactics against the opposition he's against, Utd knew when to grind out results too when required.
10 goals in 3 games is hardly parking the bus.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 24 Jun 2014, 3:23 pm

He's played 5 at the back, given up possession and basically if Robben is stopped then they have no spark.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jun 2014, 3:28 pm

agree, deguzman/de jong cant dictate games, they are just ball winners. dutch have given up posesssion & sat back, they even did it vs australia. they pull the wing backs in to become a tight 5 & then spring to either sneijder to begin a counter or hit it into space long for robben to deliver.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 24 Jun 2014, 4:06 pm

They have 3 players and 8 guardians of the goal

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Tue 24 Jun 2014, 8:56 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:He's played 5 at the back, given up possession and basically if Robben is stopped then they have no spark.
A lot of that has to do with Strootman being injured. He basically changed the whole formation in the build up because he didn't like the replacements enough.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 24 Jun 2014, 11:15 pm

I still dont see it as an excuse. If that was Greece people would be whining

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt N. Jurqa Wed 25 Jun 2014, 12:18 am

It's Holland and you're whining.

Kurt N. Jurqa

Back to top Go down

Post by Riggs Wed 09 Jul 2014, 8:55 pm

I shall be supporting the Dutch in the up and coming match against the argy bargies.

If the Dutch lose, which I doubt, then fine.
If the Dutch win, which I expect, score to be 3-2, then let the party begin.

Come on the boys oranje!

Riggs

Back to top Go down

Post by Riggs Wed 09 Jul 2014, 11:52 pm

They lose 4-2 on penalties, I feel their hurt.

Should've had the argies earlier on and attacked them from the start.
Some good chances but no real result.
Saw the hunger but no goals.

Riggs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 09 Jul 2014, 11:57 pm

Its not that I told you so, Hero, its that their performances told you so. People remember the great Dutch teams who, even in defeat, were wonderful to watch. No one will, at least fondly, remember this side as their poor football and awful approach has got them nothing.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 10 Jul 2014, 12:01 am

Not an inspiring side at all unlike the superb Dutch team of the 70s. They didn't deserve to make the Final.
Germany v Argentina should be a much better Final to watch anyway. More interesting at least.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Thu 10 Jul 2014, 12:38 am

I don't think they were any less deserving than Argentina - who have been very underwhelming in this tournament given the players they have at their disposal.

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by Hero Thu 10 Jul 2014, 8:01 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Its not that I told you so, Hero, its that their performances told you so. People remember the great Dutch teams who, even in defeat, were wonderful to watch. No one will, at least fondly, remember this side as their poor football and awful approach has got them nothing.

They were penalties away from a World Cup final, if any Dutch fan had been told before the WC they'd get that far they'd have bitten their hand off.
Before the WC started, I'd have preferred for LVG to have taken a number of the younger stars along, Promes, Vilhena, Boetius etc but LVG went with tried and trusted guys that perhaps weren't the exciting talents but ones that knew what was required to get through games and as a result they were a hairs breath from the final.
If given a choice this season with Utd of playing attractive football and finishing 7th again or grinding back towards the top then sorry the beautiful game but I'd plump for a season of borefests.

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2