The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Live Chat

5 posters

Go down

Live Chat Empty Live Chat

Post by Pr4wn Mon 23 May 2011, 10:58 am

Hi Guys,

Just want to see what your opinion is on this...

I've been tweeting quite a bit with Bucs safety Larry Asante (wow_junky should remember him, he picked off Drew Brees in the Bucs vs Saints game...) and he has said that he'd be willing to pop on here and answer a few questions from his UK fans.

I'd do my best to get a chatbox up and running and would probably look to conduct the event between 6pm and 10pm BST (That would be between 1pm and 5pm Eastern US time).

What do you guys think of this? Would you come on and ask a real pro some questions about his opponents, team, the lockout and the sport in general?

Personally, I think this is a really good opportunity to get some insight into the professional game and also raise the profile of our own site.

Let me know your thoughts.

Cheers

Pr4wn

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Live Chat Empty Re: Live Chat

Post by El Capitan Mon 23 May 2011, 11:04 am

of course.

I always get a kick out of meeting/asking NFL people stuff. Was lucky enough to go to the Commish q&a last year which was very insightful.

El Capitan

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 23 May 2011, 11:08 am

Think it's a great idea. Just need to sort out controlling it, like it would be best if we do it on a night where there's pretty much nothing on so we don't get fans of other sports coming on to discuss a match, need to make sure everyone else knows of it aswell this should lower the chances of people logging in unless they want to read it. Also how do we sort it so we all get a fair chance of asking a question, should we order it and have someone say who's asking the next question?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 23 May 2011, 11:13 am

I will moderate the chat, that's a given. We may have to have questions already prepared in which case maybe a chatbox isn't such a great idea. What I can do is maybe take questions from you guys, give them to Larry and maybe get some answers?

This all really hinges on what he is up for...

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 23 May 2011, 11:17 am

Maybe we should tweet him/message him asking him which he'd prefer, I would guess Q&A will be much easier to sort than chatbox but may as well give it a go.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 23 May 2011, 11:28 am

Chatbox would be great fun though, we'd hopefully be able to get smoe good banter going, he's already following us on Twitter.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 23 May 2011, 12:29 pm

Can you tweet him tonight and ask him if he'd be able to do it, or if he'd prefer us to email him some questions?

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 23 May 2011, 12:31 pm

Yeah of course, had a bit of a crazy weekend so haven't even logged on really. I'll try and get hold of him tonight to see what he says.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 23 May 2011, 12:34 pm

I didn't do too much on it over the weekend, and think it was only Arrelious Benn who replied to what I did tweet, probably won't be on it again until Wednesday/Thursday.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Mon 23 May 2011, 2:30 pm

Yeah good work Pr4wn, though I doubt he would leave himself wide open to an chatbox he may accept a bunch of questions and provide answers in the form of an interview, the OOH site did some of these a couple of years ago.
Perhaps round up a bunch of questions and e-mail him, though I agree chatbox is more fun....

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Mon 23 May 2011, 4:06 pm

I've come up with some other people who I would hope are going to be willing to either do the live chat or Q&A for us, but I'll let you sort this one out before I try to get it sorted.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by arizona_tom Mon 23 May 2011, 9:28 pm

yer sounds like great work lads. look 4ward to it!! Very Happy

arizona_tom

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Thu 26 May 2011, 6:02 pm

Pr4wn, seeing as you're away this weekend do you want me to message him asking what he'd prefer the live chat or Q&A? Then try to set a date and time (if live) or an email address (if Q&A).

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down