The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Group G - Germany, Portugal, Ghana & USA

+11
Kurt N. Jurqa
TheCelticGarbutt
westisbest
LastDamnation
Good Golly I'm Olly
whocares
Duty281
Crimey
NickisBHAFC
TopoftheChops
Hero
15 posters

Go down

Group G - Germany, Portugal, Ghana & USA Empty Group G - Germany, Portugal, Ghana & USA

Post by Hero Sat 10 May 2014, 4:39 pm

Discuss Group G shenanigans in here!

Hero
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Group G - Germany, Portugal, Ghana & USA Empty Re: Group G - Germany, Portugal, Ghana & USA

Post by TopoftheChops Sat 10 May 2014, 6:10 pm

1. Germany (WC champions)
2. Portugal
3. USA
4. Ghana

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Group G - Germany, Portugal, Ghana & USA Empty Re: Group G - Germany, Portugal, Ghana & USA

Post by NickisBHAFC Sat 10 May 2014, 9:54 pm

Germany and Portugal without question.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 12 May 2014, 9:26 am

Portugal
Germany
USA
Ghana

Think both Portugal and Germany will have good World Cups, have them in the third place play-off. Not sure USA or Ghana are anywhere near good enough to stop them.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 12 May 2014, 11:41 am

Germany
Portugal
Ghana
USA

Very tight between Portugal and Ghana for second place.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 12 May 2014, 11:48 am

I think you underrated Portugal Duty, I know they struggled in qualifying, but they have done well at tournaments over the past decade and have the best player in the world at their disposal, the rest of the team isn't bad either with the likes of Coentrao, Moutinho.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Mon 12 May 2014, 3:46 pm

Crimey wrote:I think you underrated Portugal Duty, I know they struggled in qualifying, but they have done well at tournaments over the past decade and have the best player in the world at their disposal, the rest of the team isn't bad either with the likes of Coentrao, Moutinho.

back in 2002 they had a good team as well (probably their best ever midfiled with the likes of Figo and Rui Costa) and yet didnt make it out of their group losing to South Korea and...USA!
it's far from europe so anything could happen. they still lack quality centre forward as well.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 12 May 2014, 4:03 pm

I personally don't think Germany will do that well...

Lack any sort of striker, weak at FB (presuming Lahm play CM), don't think they'll make it past the QF stage...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by LastDamnation Mon 12 May 2014, 7:47 pm

Olly wrote:I personally don't think Germany will do that well...

Lack any sort of striker, weak at FB (presuming Lahm play CM), don't think they'll make it past the QF stage...

Lahm will play RB, even with gundogan out and khedira doubtful to play much part there well stocked there. Schmelzer is a very underrated LB as well.

LastDamnation

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 12 May 2014, 11:28 pm

Bayern still play him in midfield despite having a ridiculously talented stockpile of midfielders.

Germany have also, inexplicably, played him at midfield quite a lot.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Fri 16 May 2014, 4:19 pm

USA USA USA USA USA.    Very Happy

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by TheCelticGarbutt Tue 03 Jun 2014, 12:03 pm

With the only interest of any sort for Boro fans in this world cup being the mighty Albert Adomah - dreaming of jinking down the right past Coentrao to knock the Portuguese out Smile

TheCelticGarbutt

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Tue 03 Jun 2014, 1:48 pm

Howard to get injured before the tournament.

Then Guzan keeping 3 clean sheets.

OH say can you see.........

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt N. Jurqa Fri 06 Jun 2014, 8:30 pm

Reus looking like he's injured for the World Cup.

Kurt N. Jurqa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Jun 2014, 8:32 pm

Goin' down like flies these top players. How serious is it? I also hear that Barcelona have a 'verbal agreement' on Reus. Interesting, if true.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt N. Jurqa Fri 06 Jun 2014, 8:36 pm

Turned his ankle over just before halftime and had to have assistance off the pitch.

Kurt N. Jurqa

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt N. Jurqa Fri 06 Jun 2014, 8:38 pm

Regarding a verbal agreement with Barca, think it's sheer speculation, no actual quotes from anyone and Reus said last month he would definitely be playing for Dortmund next season.

Kurt N. Jurqa

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Fri 06 Jun 2014, 9:31 pm

Klose's a strange man - never really done it at club level but stick him in a Germany shirt and he becomes an animal.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat 07 Jun 2014, 11:23 am

Reus has been ruled out. Former Everton man Shkodran Mustafi has been called up as a replacement.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 27 Jun 2014, 1:57 pm

I (I)
I believe (I believe)
I believe that (I believe that)
I believe that we (I believe that we)
I believe that we will win

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jun 2014, 2:34 pm

shut the **** up. at the start, i kind of liked the americans getting excited but now it's getting annoying, along with this 'believe we will win' garbage. think the Belgians need to put the US back in their place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Fri 27 Jun 2014, 2:37 pm

John wrote:shut the **** up.

I hope that's not aimed at me.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 27 Jun 2014, 2:47 pm

John wrote:shut the **** up. at the start, i kind of liked the americans getting excited but now it's getting annoying, along with this 'believe we will win' garbage. think the Belgians need to put the US back in their place.

I thought at first that the "I believe that we will win" was to the same tune as Bread of Heaven (e.g. the same tune for other chants like "shall we sing a song for you"), but it's not, it's just more tuneless garbage. Awful.

Still, once they sort a tune, a rhythm and some lyrics for it, it'll be fine!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Fri 27 Jun 2014, 3:17 pm

Marky wrote:
John wrote:shut the **** up.

I hope that's not aimed at me.

John wouldn't, I goad him daily with my love of Hodgson and he hasn't threatened me once!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down