The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official 2014-15 Norwich City to a playoff semi final loss thread sponsored by the inevitable mid table finish for Ipswich Town

+14
CFCNick
cherriesfna
Bull
Roller_Coaster
Crimey
Derbymanc
Fernando
TopoftheChops
Kay Fabe
NickisBHAFC
Dolphin Ziggler
ncfc_Tooze
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
18 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

The Official 2014-15 Norwich City to a playoff semi final loss thread sponsored by the inevitable mid table finish for Ipswich Town   Empty The Official 2014-15 Norwich City to a playoff semi final loss thread sponsored by the inevitable mid table finish for Ipswich Town

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 13 May 2014, 10:09 am

New manager to be announced

Ins - hopefully some good ones
Outs - hopefully the bad ones

Other musings -
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

The Official 2014-15 Norwich City to a playoff semi final loss thread sponsored by the inevitable mid table finish for Ipswich Town   Empty Re: The Official 2014-15 Norwich City to a playoff semi final loss thread sponsored by the inevitable mid table finish for Ipswich Town

Post by GSC Tue 13 May 2014, 11:42 am

Championship Bros before PL Hoes  Hug 
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

The Official 2014-15 Norwich City to a playoff semi final loss thread sponsored by the inevitable mid table finish for Ipswich Town   Empty Re: The Official 2014-15 Norwich City to a playoff semi final loss thread sponsored by the inevitable mid table finish for Ipswich Town

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 13 May 2014, 3:38 pm

YOU DAMN RIGHT GSC

In other more left field news the latest name linked is Tony Popovic the former Palace player managing (quite well) in Australia
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Tue 13 May 2014, 5:41 pm

Rumour going.round.today that zola is in the city

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 14 May 2014, 10:45 am

Notes from.end of season.meal
Any new manager has to play the Norwich way ie to win
Aviva and anglian home improvements have signed New sponsership deals
Club has been out of debt since last summer
All contracts, players and staff have relegation clauses which cut wages immediately
Club will get rid of players not wanting to be here but not at stupid prices as can afford to keep whole squad for the season
Offers will only he accepted if substantial and can't be turned down
New manager will have final say on all signings and expect more to come in that compliment the squad
Snodgrass says he wants to stay and honour final year of contract and that he would also like a new one
Russel Martin says players saw hughton several times about training, nothing like it was under Lambert, was too relaxed and at a slow tempo, squads impression is that things improved massively under Adams. Is looking forward to the next season at Norwich more now

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 14 May 2014, 10:46 am

Ruddy has also said he is happy to stay next season

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 14 May 2014, 10:50 am

Doesn't say he is staying crucially. When push comes to shove I imagine he'd put in a transfer request to push a move through.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/norwich/next-permanent-manager

Lennons odds shortening after the Mirror report
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 14 May 2014, 11:02 am

He's already said deal would have to be right for club just like when Chelsea came for him for him to even consider a.move. he's happy here and so are family hence why he signed a 4 year contract last summer, he still has 3 left and is happy to see them.out.

Also in other news from last night's end of season.dinner, fer left part way through with no explanation why to the table he sat at

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 14 May 2014, 11:04 am

The famous Norwich way

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 14 May 2014, 11:08 am

I'd imagine Fer probably had to take a call about getting called up to the Dutch squad, seeming as he has to fly out today

I'd be surprised if Ruddy is here, I think he is happy to stay but if the opportunity to go to a Prem club arises he'd be off

I'd be very very surprised if Snodgrass stays
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 14 May 2014, 11:17 am

Dutch sqaud was announced well before dinner started. he would have known before it being made public also.

Snoddy i think will be here going from what he said and what mcnally said last night.........

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 14 May 2014, 11:21 am

Probably had to pack then! Wink

Snoddy's already issued a come get me plea to Celtic, only way I can see him staying is if the guy who was potentially bringing him to Celtic is coming here...

And then I'll cry
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 14 May 2014, 11:25 am

Said last night he wants to see his contract out and that he needs to repay the fans and club for what he sees as his weakest season he has had. He also said that he plans to sit down with the board to discuss a new contract over next few days, something he wants
McNally looked happy when this was said

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 15 May 2014, 2:29 pm

I've renewed my season ticket
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 15 May 2014, 2:32 pm

Thats a shame
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 15 May 2014, 3:18 pm

How much is a season ticket down your way?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 15 May 2014, 3:20 pm

2 spuds and a turnip
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 15 May 2014, 3:23 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:How much is a season ticket down your way?
I'm an U21 and it was like 260 quid, but if you did it before a February deadline it was like 230 or something
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 15 May 2014, 4:09 pm

Lucky sod!

Im Paying 38 Quid month for 12 months, works out around 456 and im in the North Stand!

You also probably watch better football as well!

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Thu 15 May 2014, 10:27 pm

Tettey may be the first name out of the door it seems, has said he can play at a higher level, will be training at rosenborg over the summer aswell

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 15 May 2014, 11:52 pm

Things hotting up nicely tonight, apparently Lennon is in a hotel down in Norwich....I've packed his bag for him to save Lenny the hassle  Fingers Crossed Cool 

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 17 May 2014, 9:00 pm

Apparently Mackay referred to Norwich as "us" on 5 live today

and that's all the updates on our search for a manager. Very strange for the club to be this quiet
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 17 May 2014, 9:19 pm

Lennon as short as 8/15 with Skybet and 8/13 Paddy. SB have Malky at 11/8 and Paddy have him evens. Put your money down...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 17 May 2014, 9:22 pm

Oh I've put the rest of my skybet account on Mr Mackay

All £3.60 of it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sat 17 May 2014, 10:03 pm

Why is Lennon odds on? I can't see it being anyone but Malky

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sat 17 May 2014, 10:07 pm

Anyone but Lennon please!!

No idea why he is, there was a newspaper that ran a story a few days ago, so probably off that.

There's very little info coming out about the search for a new boss, which is good yet frustrating
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sun 18 May 2014, 2:24 pm

Please be Lennon, it will make you the most hated nationally

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 18 May 2014, 3:05 pm

TopoftheChops wrote:Please be Lennon, it will make you the most hated nationally
Don't think anybody will really care that much
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 18 May 2014, 3:23 pm

Malky is now odds on, as short as 1/6 with one. Welcome him back

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 18 May 2014, 3:56 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Malky is now odds on, as short as 1/6 with one. Welcome him back
Managed to get on him at 11/8

The best of the list of candidates, would be my choice from them. Zola the pretty choice, not much substance. Lennon not proven in England, also a c*nt. Sherwood a butter, Adams not really ready yet.

Malky the sensible choice. Hopefully it'll come off
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 18 May 2014, 4:07 pm

Norwich should take the chance on Adams i recon.

Malky though as you say is the sensible choice. Club legend and his managerial record is superb.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 18 May 2014, 4:15 pm

Will he hold out for the Southampton job if Pochettino leaves for Spurs?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 18 May 2014, 4:18 pm

Fernando wrote:Will he hold out for the Southampton job if Pochettino leaves for Spurs?
Don't think he fits the type of manager they want down there.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 18 May 2014, 4:18 pm

I suspect Southampton would go for the old Swansea manager.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 18 May 2014, 4:20 pm

Nah, Southampton will want a positive Manager in the mold of Pochettino
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Sun 18 May 2014, 8:51 pm

Bring back bryan gunn!

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 19 May 2014, 8:11 am

Delia, McNally and Wynn Jones are going on Radio Norfolk for a phone in at 9

Surely it'll be announced then or before then?!

Otherwise that'll be the crappest phone in ever. Callers will just ask who they're interviewing, who it'll be and they'll just dead bat it
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 19 May 2014, 8:35 am

Will McNally be asked why he didn't go with Hughton or Adams?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 19 May 2014, 10:18 am

DMc says New manager will be announced in next few days, it has taken longer than anticipated, reiterates that manager will have to play the Norwich way.
Delia says manager will be announced anytime now.

Adams is in running only thing going against him is lack of experience. When asked about malky says it would be unfair to comment, as it would with anyone else on shortlist.

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 19 May 2014, 11:02 am

What is the Norwich way? Does every club think they have this now?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 19 May 2014, 11:12 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:What is the Norwich way? Does every club think they have this now?
I must admit, I'm also curious about this. If its attractive football then you're **** out of luck with Malkay
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 19 May 2014, 11:13 am

McNally said we had a deal lined up for a player from a top four club on deadline day that fell through, my bet would be Aspas

Also said they would've sacked Hughton in Jan, but felt the risk of sacking him was greater than keeping him

Wynn Jones said he was gone even if he kept us up

Adams is a candidate, McNally said his lack of experience is against him. 

New manager should be announced within the next 2-3 days
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Mon 19 May 2014, 11:22 am

The more and more I hear bits from McNally the more it seems it isn't going to be malky anyway!
The Norwich way is to actually go out and win games rather than going out not to lose while playing good passing football.

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Mon 19 May 2014, 11:31 am

So the Derby way then  Wink 

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 19 May 2014, 12:36 pm

Thats just the way people want to play. There is definitely no precedent of "the Norwich way" being a statement. The "West Ham way" gets debated enough inside our own quarters, but least theres a lot of context to back it up.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 19 May 2014, 12:40 pm

Isn't going out to win really more stating the obvious than a "way".

Not to mention it will be a lot easier at Championship level than the PL.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 19 May 2014, 1:46 pm

There are very few teams that do actually have a "way" to be honest, Barcelona is the only one that is really obvious. Arsenal perhaps have a "way" but that is really Wenger's way rather than a club philosophy. Manchester United possibly could be considered to have a "way" but from Giggs' description of it, they don't really.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 19 May 2014, 3:09 pm

We've long had a fabled way, a lot further back than Wenger. Its also something we havent achieved for about 14 years.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 20 May 2014, 12:35 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:We've long had a fabled way, a lot further back than Wenger. Its also something we havent achieved for about 14 years.

Yeah, then there has to be a debate over whether after so long of not actually playing a certain "way", does the "way" cease to exist. It's possible to argue Liverpool have a "way", indeed this year I have heard commentators suggest Liverpool are going back to their way, but I don't think it's an actual thing since Liverpool haven't had a style for about 30 years.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 21 May 2014, 2:27 pm

Betting suspended on Henrik Larsson becoming Celtic manager on paddy power
It's happening

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next