The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 Yellow Cards

3 posters

Go down

2 Yellow Cards Empty 2 Yellow Cards

Post by Baggy42 Sat 17 May 2014, 12:19

So the dust has settled and everybody has calmed down after another East midlands ding dong.

simple question this afternoon,

Do you think the fact that Niki Goneva and Dan Bowden had already had yellow cards earlier in the game meant that referee JP Doyle looked at their later transgressions with a more sympathetic view so as not to issue a "soft" red card for a second yellow card?

For me the answer is yes, although i had sympathy for Bowden as both his incidents were more clumsy then aggressive whilst I thought Goneva should have picked up a second yellow for talking Clarke in touch as for me that was cynical whether he thought the ball should have been his or not.

Perhaps the answer could be a second yellow in a game is a 20 minute sin binning?

Discuss!

Baggy42

Back to top Go down

2 Yellow Cards Empty Re: 2 Yellow Cards

Post by doctor_grey Sat 17 May 2014, 13:27

If I say I thought the Leicester players deserved more than they ultimately received, it can come off as being a poor winner.  And I am relieved and happy we finally got past Tigers who played so tough.  

My feeling about Bowden is he is not exactly a genius and makes dumb mistakes from time to time.  Didn't think he desereved a second yellow.  But I would need to see the match again with the absence of beer to really comment.  My thought at the time was he was OK.  I was of a different mind about Goneva.  I thought he should go.  But, as I said I had shared a few pints with my mates and was not exactly unbiased at the time.  It's a good question to ask.  And without question I will be watching the match again today.  Will let you know.

The physicality of the match was off the charts.  Not surprised there were a few incidents.  In that context, I would be prone to give a little more latitude and in general it was a difficult match to officiate. I thought the referee was quite good overall.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 17 May 2014, 14:12

I think there were 3 events that were boarder line yellows and it would be a help of a coincidence that all three weren't given and they were all reds. Especially as Doyle had already shown he doesn't mind pulling out the yellows.

I think I would have the length doubling.rather than red.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sat 17 May 2014, 14:47

Watching the match again. Goneva went in with a shoulder charge late on against Myler. Should have been a second yellow.

Have to say the Leicester defense was phenomenal.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down