The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My tickets for Froch GrovesII still haven't arrived

+4
Izzi
superflyweight
kingraf
milkyboy
8 posters

Go down

My tickets for Froch GrovesII still haven't arrived Empty My tickets for Froch GrovesII still haven't arrived

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 6:02 pm

Re: Froch v Groves 2, to be officially announced on Ringside 13/2

Post by DAVE667 on Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:54 pm
If Eddie's struggling for a hook line, call it "UNFINISHED BUSINESS!"
Just figured that as I'd given him the idea for the title of the show, the least he could do is send me a pair of ringside tickets...the Jimmy Carr look-a-like

Back to top Go down

My tickets for Froch GrovesII still haven't arrived Empty Re: My tickets for Froch GrovesII still haven't arrived

Post by milkyboy Tue 27 May 2014, 6:20 pm

Sue the Cnut, Dave. He'd never have come up with something as original, innovative and pertinent as that. It's now, it's happening it's relevant. Genius.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

My tickets for Froch GrovesII still haven't arrived Empty Re: My tickets for Froch GrovesII still haven't arrived

Post by kingraf Tue 27 May 2014, 6:22 pm

Nice to see you on more often Davey, newborn well? Also, Eddie isn't giving you tickets. He also isn't giving you credit, or a messages of thanks
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 6:41 pm

My son looks just like me...bald and angry (also obsessed with latching onto my wife's breasts).

It's my first day back at work...so it's nice to have a rest for a change. they've dispensed with the office tea fund so I'm essentially reduced to doing the other job that I actually get paid for

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 27 May 2014, 6:51 pm

Congrats mate, may these moments of joy stay with you when you find your teenage son stealing the family Chrysler, smoking copious amounts of pot, and telling you where to shove it.

kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 27 May 2014, 6:55 pm

Congrats Dave. Though as a parent of a two year old, and with one on the way, I recognise that the congratulations need to be tempered with sympathy.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 7:00 pm

My daughter's two and for the first two weeks she kept looking at me as if to say "When is he going back to where you found him?", but she's come round to the idea that he's here for the long haul.

You do forget what a labour intensive thing having a newborn is though. As the actress said to the bishop, "I don't remember it being this hard first time round!"

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 27 May 2014, 7:03 pm

Labour intensive. Loving your work Dave.

I'm delighted at having a second kid, but I am also in a state of dread of the tedium and sleep deprivation.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 27 May 2014, 7:08 pm

Sleep deprivation is cheaper than buying drugs...or so I'm told!

And it never gets tedious....frustrating, but not tedious.

As I'll be watching Groves/Froch via unofficial means (or listening to it on 5 Live) the chances are that my frustration will reach boiling point as the fight gets to a good bit and I'm suddenly called upon to burp or change the little shi...darling!

Shame Eddie won't do the decent thing a send me some free tickets so I don't have to endure it for an evening. I know he reads this forum...where else could he have stolen my "unfinished business" tagline from?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 27 May 2014, 7:21 pm

Hope to catch it this weekend, but I'm headed for a mate's 30th, and they are a staunch Afrikaans rugby family, so much as I'd like to watch, I'll probably be watching the Sharks, Bulls, or whoever is playing, Piek n Draaive
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 27 May 2014, 7:30 pm

I'm obviously not such a modern man as you Dave, but I find it pretty tedious, at least until there are some signs of response and interaction that doesn't involve bowel movements or vomit.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 27 May 2014, 9:29 pm

milkyboy wrote:I'm obviously not such a modern man as you Dave, but I find it pretty tedious, at least until there are some signs of response and interaction that doesn't involve bowel movements or vomit.
Old age is a b1tch, Milky but you can get stuff to prevent loss of bowel control.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 28 May 2014, 7:51 am

I have incontinence pants obviously super, but with the Alzheimer's I keep forgetting to wear them.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 28 May 2014, 7:55 am

True story. My wife asked me to buy some sanitary towels last week when I was doing the weekly shop. She wasn't impressed when she realised I'd mistakenly picked up some Tena Lady.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Izzi Wed 28 May 2014, 7:59 am

Dave. Perhaps you can claim that devil man Hearn (strongies words) did steal your idea and take him to court? The mods get freebies, his motley crew read the forums - by a bit of Jonathan Davies work I'd say it's a winnable case! Mods love to remove libellous comments so would screengrab yours.

(Hampo, take a joke!)

I would've called it 'The Assembly at Wembley'. Dammit I should be a writer for some top sitcom

Izzi

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 28 May 2014, 8:10 am

The melee at the Wembley more likely.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Wed 28 May 2014, 10:52 am

Congrats on the lil'un Dave
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 28 May 2014, 11:04 am

Congrats and all the best Dave. My little fella is 6 months now teething and sleeping terribly, best of luck.

Same applies to Milky, good luck mate 2 year old and a newborn you'll sure need it.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 28 May 2014, 11:11 am

Excellence in reproduction! Well done!

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 28 May 2014, 11:20 am

Rodney wrote:Congrats and all the best Dave. My little fella is 6 months now teething and sleeping terribly, best of luck.

Same applies to Milky, good luck mate 2 year old and a newborn you'll sure need it.

Cheers Rodders

A few more months to go yet for number 2 rodders, I'm enjoying the sleep while I get it. Teething's a bugger, just when you're over 1 bout, the selfish little buggers go and grow another tooth. I say selfish.. Not much fun for them either I guess! It's probably with good reason that the memory blanks the early years out.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 28 May 2014, 11:22 am

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Excellence in reproduction! Well done!

It's what you'd expect round here john. No originality, plenty of reproduction.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Wed 28 May 2014, 11:33 am

Cheers Milky you're not wrong its a bugger ! Just think you've got to go through it all again (well not personally) but you know what I mean. But well worth it, even though me and the wife threaten to leave one another every morning.

I've got a pass out this weekend for the boxing, so intend to make the most of it, if the camera cuts out to someone in the crowd asleep that'll be me.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 28 May 2014, 11:48 am

Enjoy your night of freedom rodders. We might not spot you though... If past performances are any indicator, there might be a few of you asleep during the degale fight.

I have a pass for the sofa.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 May 2014, 1:02 pm

Degale has vowed to steal the show on Saturday night. Who amongst us would put it past him to live up to the hype that's been generated ever since he did whatever it was he did that people were apparently impressed all those years ago?

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 28 May 2014, 1:27 pm

It's a misquote Dave. He said he was going to steal the shoes. Wants to dress sharp for the main event.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 28 May 2014, 2:21 pm

Might be the underdog thing, but I actually hope Degale can put on something of a performance this weekend. Obviously from an entirely practical perspective he is going to be next for the winner in all likelihood so would increase the anticipation levels for that one. Also might just be me, but feel a bit sorry for the kid. Appreciate he can come across as a first class tool on occasions but reading interviews with him of late you really get the impression that the sport and the BS that goes with it has really ground him down. Sad to see an Olympic gold medalist who is not devoid of talent reduced to fighting in shopping centres and nightclubs. Hopefully a big show and there finally being light at the end of the tunnel will bring out the best in him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Wed 28 May 2014, 2:36 pm

Despite my flippancy I agree rowley, hope he puts in a performance. If he looks good, at the very least it offers a few more domestic show downs. And the british public seems to lap them up.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 28 May 2014, 3:20 pm

Read an article with Degale where he said that he needed the big fights to bring out the best in him.

Not being funny but which promoter in his right mind is going to invest a small fortune on a big event on the off-chance that you might turn on the style? Sorry mate, but you have to put in the good performances even when there's three men and a dog there (and the dog's paying most of the attention). He reminds me of Junior Witter at times. Plenty of ability and the tools to make it a hard night for most fighters but when the spotlight's on him, it's all pretty "meh!"

Can honestly say that outside of the Groves fight, there isn't a Degale fight I've watched that I've enjoyed (and I enjoyed the Groves fight for very different reasons). I did enjoy his pro debut but that's only cos he nearly cried and asked Warren to tell the crowd to stop booing him.

Still, Degale's stuck in there and got himself a massive opportunity but it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if he puts on a performance to make Johnny Nelson look like Arturo Gatti.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down