The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 7 Homepage I

+8
Fluxy
stnick88
Steven_Sharks
Ozzy3213
dammit_chris
Driver
Sgt_Pooly
SirJohnnyEnglish
12 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Season 7 Homepage I - Page 21 Empty Season 7 Homepage I

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 07 Jun 2014, 12:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Season 7 Homepage I - Page 21 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Congratulations to London Wasps the 2014 Premiership Champions

Season 7 Homepage I - Page 21 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2013/2014 – London Wasps
2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers 
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons 
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons 
2009/2010 – Saracens 
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 7 Homepage I - Page 21 1Bath Rugby000000000000
2Season 7 Homepage I - Page 21 48Exeter Chiefs 000000000000
3Season 7 Homepage I - Page 21 2Gloucester  000000000000
4Season 7 Homepage I - Page 21 7Harlequins 000000000000
5Season 7 Homepage I - Page 21 4Leicester Tigers000000000000
6Season 7 Homepage I - Page 21 5London Irish 000000000000
7Season 7 Homepage I - Page 21 6London Wasps 000000000000
8Season 7 Homepage I - Page 21 50London Welsh 000000000000
9Season 7 Homepage I - Page 21 8Newcastle Falcons000000000000
10Season 7 Homepage I - Page 21 9Northampton Saints000000000000
11Season 7 Homepage I - Page 21 12Sale Sharks 000000000000
12Season 7 Homepage I - Page 21 11Saracens000000000000

Links

Fixture List
Released/Championship/National League/Academy Bidding
Foreign Transfers
Budgets
European Homepage
Anglo Welsh Homepage

Welcome to Season 7 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (SJE) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (SJE) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 20 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1992. 

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page. Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.
Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.
  • Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the National League Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.
  • Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Open Window

Open transfer window, teams have unlimited bids provided they have the financial resources to cover them.  Teams may only bid for one player at a time.

The window will open from the 9th of June but only to those sides that finish 8th and below at first. They will have a week to make one signing each before the window is open to all.     

Player Releases wrote: 
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the National League Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be European Rugby Champions Cup, European Rugby Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday. Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday. Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday. Failure to meet these deadlines is punishable by the addition of three match points to the oppositions final score, unless both sides fail to do so. Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday. Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 15:00 hours on Sunday. Managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box. 
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

For domestic competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

For European competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 6 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions 
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc upto a maximum of £5m per fine.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (SJE) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation (foreign transfer value) in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by SirJohnnyEnglish on Fri 18 Jul 2014, 2:42 pm; edited 9 times in total

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Season 7 Homepage I - Page 21 Empty Re: Season 7 Homepage I

Post by prop_lyd Mon 14 Jul 2014, 10:53 pm

Adam jones could possibly go for the right deal. Would need a right head back
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 15 Jul 2014, 3:54 pm

Bakkies last season Steve

http://www.sarugby.com/news.cfm?newsid=26244

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Tue 15 Jul 2014, 6:07 pm

Ok folks, question for you all, what is me best lock pairing?

Romain Millo-Chluski
Sitaleki Timani
Paul Willemse
Sebastien Vahaamahina
Ruan Botha
Matt Symons
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 16 Jul 2014, 11:09 am

You could with a top 5 to partner RMC, Willemse imo.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 16 Jul 2014, 11:09 am

Can't argue with many of these.

Super Rugby: Team of the Year

15 Israel Folau (Waratahs) - Top of the try, offloads and clean break charts, Folau has been outstanding from start to finish. His ability to fix a defender and then skip past the would-be tackler continues to amaze as he sees off Highlander Ben Smith and Cheetah Willie le Roux for this jersey. Winning knockout rugby requires something or someone special and in Folau the 'Tahs have a special talent.

14 Julian Savea (Hurricanes) - A positional shift but it had to be done as we go for two powerful left wings in our backline. Savea ended the season with seven tries, 20 clean breaks, 51 defenders beaten and over 1000 metres made. Unlucky to miss the play-offs as the 'Canes fell short by a point. The only blot on his copybook was a mini dip in form during the closing rounds but overall it was another impressive campaign.

13 Malakai Fekitoa (Highlanders) - The find of the year for the Highlanders, New Zealand and the competition as the devastating centre kept defences busy throughout. Fekitoa beat the most tackles and was in the top ten for carries, clean breaks, metres and offloads. An outstanding debut campaign with Waratahs outside centre Adam Ashley-Cooper and Hurricanes stalwart Conrad Smith also performing well.

12 Kurtley Beale (Waratahs) - A hotly contested jersey here as both Alapati Leiua and Ma'a Nonu of the Hurricanes and Blues respectively were superb. However, Beale is enjoying a new lease of life in midfield as the 'Tahs roll on to a home semi. Seven tries and the most carries in the competition make him, like Folau, a key player for the Waratahs during the play-offs.

11 Nemani Nadolo (Crusaders) - Part two of our giant wing combination comes from Fiji and the Crusaders as Nadolo gets in ahead of Western Force star Nick Cummins. Nadolo has run over defenders for most of the season and it's fair to say that without him, the Crusaders' attack is seriously blunted, as we saw when he was away with Fiji. He's back now though and don't the opposition know it.

10 Bernard Foley (Waratahs) - Living the dream of playing behind a fearsome pack in Sydney but Foley deserves this spot as his year continues to go from strength to strength. Foley made close to 1000 metres and sees off the impressive Beauden Barrett of the 'Canes and the Crusaders' Colin Slade. Injured Reds fly-half Quade Cooper will have a job wrestling the gold jumper off Foley ahead of the World Cup.

9 Aaron Smith (Highlanders) - Sharks scrum-half Cobus Reinach and Nick Phipps of the 'Tahs deserve a pat on the back for their efforts but Smith is our nine as he continues to mature on the Super Rugby stage. Slick service, good option taking and pace over 20 metres make him a priceless commodity.

8 Jerome Kaino (Blues) - Welcome back to Super Rugby, Jerome. Returning to the Blues following his time in Japan, Kaino still wields plenty of influence and the Blues have enjoyed having a world class operator back in their ranks. Forming a solid trio alongside Luke Braid and Steven Luatua, his all-action style has been great to watch. Mentions for Wycliff Palu, who looks back to his best for the 'Tahs and has a big couple of weeks ahead, along with the Lions' Warren Whiteley, who led from the front and made the second highest number of tackles with 181. Ben McCalman, the highest-carrying forward in the competition, also deserves recognition.

7 Matt Hodgson (Force) - Very hard to leave out Michael Hooper here, but we have to go with the Force skipper. Part of the reason why the Force stunned basically everybody by being in contention for the play-offs up until the final round, his efforts at the breakdown and in the tackle have been outstanding. Hodgson was the top tackler in Super Rugby with 234 - that's 53 more than his next competitor - but also scored six tries, the most by a forward in the competition. He's earned a few cold ones. A mention too for Jack Lam of the Hurricanes.

6 Jordan Taufua (Crusaders) - A wildcard in the number six jersey. Playing in a back-row alongside the likes of Richie McCaw, Matt Todd and Kieran Read is only going to improve your skills, and Taufua has consistently stood out this season for the New Zealand Conference winners. The 22-year-old has surpassed expectations, persistently tackling into double figures all season long. The now-injured Waratahs skipper Dave Dennis gets a mention for his leadership and work ethic.

5 Stephan Lewies (Sharks) - Just doing enough to see of the challenge of Victor Matfield, Lewies has been one of the finds of the season. Another 22-year-old, Lewies was the top line-out taker in the competition on 77 and has been a mainstay in the core of the Sharks' dogged pack. What Matfield has done, coming back and playing at such a high level at 37, is no less impressive.

4 Jacques Potgieter (Waratahs) - No wonder the Bulls tried to bring him back to South Africa. Potgieter has become a cult hero in Sydney with his performances either at lock or on the blindside for the Waratahs, tackling ferociously and doing his share of work at the line-out. Having him go up against Will Skelton for the number four jersey is no bad thing either. Rising star Patrick Tuipulotu of the Blues also gets a nod.

3 Sekope Kepu (Waratahs) - Much like Palu, Kepu has found his best form in 2014. Always a good carrier, his scrummaging has been excellent as the 'Tahs eight have constantly got on top of teams and given their backs the ball required to rack up the tries. Australia's number one tighthead, he narrowly holds off for Charlie Faumuina of the Blues,.

2 Bismarck du Plessis (Sharks) - Captain Fantastic certainly has some issues when it comes to backchatting referees - his pleading at times against the Stormers bordered on embarrassing - but otherwise it's been business as usual for one of the world's best hookers. Physical in the contact and excellent at the breakdown, Du Plessis has captained the Sharks well to the South African Conference title. When absent, he has been sorely missed. A mention for the Force's excellent number two Nathan Charles.

1 Ben Franks (Hurricanes) - Consistency is rewarded as Franks takes the loosehead spot in our scrum. He was regularly above the ten tackle count for the 'Canes as his workrate in both the tight and loose is second to none. A mention must also go to Force loosehead Pek Cowan who has kicked on this season and definitely deserves more game time in the Wallaby jersey because of it.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 16 Jul 2014, 4:44 pm

Hooper should be in. Beale is lucky as he has been hit and miss.

Unsure BDP in on merit rather than reputation.

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Wed 16 Jul 2014, 4:51 pm

Good to see 2 of my players in the team and 2 more get extra mentions!
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jul 2014, 9:49 pm

Kepu been good this year but still would be lacking
At int level.

A good signings from releases on here none the less.

Hodgson been great but hooper for me. Todd been good also.

Either Barrett or
foley for ten both been great.
Foley underrated and a solid all
Rounder who keeps improving.

Problem with these planet rugby teams of year is they seem to ignore
First half of season every year. Nonu has been good
For about 5 games but before that was awful. Kaino also took time to get going but is great now. Leutua been bench all season but last 5 games was amazing at 6 for blues gets a
Mention etc.

Always a great talking piece and offer debate. Expected it to be tahs dominated although think Crusaders will win it
As all players back and are big game players.

Dagg, Carter, Mccaw, Read all back and they are world class key players.

Add in Sam whitelock, franks, Nadolo and Bird who are in great form and you have some outfit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jul 2014, 10:01 pm

This is a
Massive rumour in aus at moment.
Would
Be post WC

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,16024_9384409,00.html

Back to top Go down

Post by CJB Wed 16 Jul 2014, 11:20 pm

James Slipper
Charlie Faumaunia
Liam Messam
Luke Charteris
Maxime Machenaud
Darren Cave
Eli Walker
Could be available

CJB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 17 Jul 2014, 11:57 am

anonmattyt wrote:This is a
Would
Be post WC

It's seems to have always been on the cards, just a matter of when not if. It would a big loss to Aus as he's improving all the time.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jul 2014, 12:35 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:
anonmattyt wrote:This is a
Would
Be post WC

It's seems to have always been on the cards, just a matter of when not if. It would a big loss to Aus as he's improving all the time.

He always said the fact that union is a global game is what interests him so may well stay.

Seen Aussie rfu are working
On image rights deals with players so folau, Skelton and a few other tipped to be big stars of the WC can earn a lot more than they would in league as part of a way of
Keeping them

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 17 Jul 2014, 1:13 pm

Folua has always said RL was his sport, it was a bit of a surprise when he signed last season. RL has just lifted it's wage cap so wages won't be an issue.

You'd expect it be after the WC that he leaves.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jul 2014, 1:52 pm

This image right thing from the Aussies rfu will be huge and should stop the drain of players to France and NRL.

Wages will dwarf what NRL can pay for top top superstars. Folau and Skelton expected to be biggest beneficiaries. Lots of companies keen on Skelton for marketing purposes

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 17 Jul 2014, 1:54 pm

To be fair it will be god who decides http://m.dailytelegraph.com.au/wallabies-superstar-israel-folau-says-god-steered-him-away-from-rugby-league-and-into-rugby-union/story-e6freuy9-1226759289308?nk=1f0df3e173e67840e326d1c2b9f2f09e

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 17 Jul 2014, 1:59 pm

Nice.

Agree with you he shouldn't go till post WC though, you'll get another season out of him anyway.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 17 Jul 2014, 3:01 pm

Any dealing today?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 17 Jul 2014, 3:08 pm

Can do OK

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 17 Jul 2014, 3:10 pm

Always count on Flux Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 17 Jul 2014, 3:12 pm

Always!

Just seen JMH has left Racing, could Falcons make an audacious bid for him?!

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 17 Jul 2014, 3:13 pm

Going to Stade I've heard

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 17 Jul 2014, 3:17 pm

leaving France all together I have read

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 17 Jul 2014, 3:18 pm

Got to be SH then surely?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Thu 17 Jul 2014, 3:21 pm

He wants to play in Super rugby when Argentina get a team, but thats not until 2016

Fluxy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 17 Jul 2014, 3:23 pm

I'd take him but doesn't seem like a Deano type signing

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 17 Jul 2014, 8:15 pm

Assuming FTH is my best 10, how do we rate Tales as a replacement?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 17 Jul 2014, 8:17 pm

And I assume Godwin isn't a valid specialist 10, but off the bench?
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 17 Jul 2014, 8:20 pm

ChequeredJersey wrote:Assuming FTH is my best 10, how do we rate Tales as a replacement?

Steady CJ, FTD your best option although the French don't seem to think so.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 17 Jul 2014, 8:46 pm

I know and their stupidity is very useful !
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Fri 18 Jul 2014, 1:59 pm

New homepage for when this one bites the dust...

https://www.606v2.com/t54794-season-7-homepage-2#2722893
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21