The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hearn: We'll Pay Butler £200k.

+6
hazharrison
Soldier_Of_Fortune
Rowley
mobilemaster8
Rodney
hampo17
10 posters

Go down

Hearn: We'll Pay Butler £200k. Empty Hearn: We'll Pay Butler £200k.

Post by hampo17 Wed 11 Jun - 10:41

By Paul Hampton, @v2boxing.

Yesterday Eddie Hearn confirmed that he had made a sizeable offer to Frank Warren and Paul Butler (16-0, 8kos), which would see the newly crowned IBF Champion face WBA Champion Jamie McDonnell (24-2-1, 11kos).

Frank Warren had tweeted that he had sent an offer to McDonnells registered manager Dennis Hobson, however Hearn confirmed to the Daily Mail that it was he who has made the first move.

“Jamie McDonnell terminated his contract with Dennis Hobson and there is a dispute with the British Boxing Board of Control,” Hearn said.

“Jamie has boxed his last three fights on my shows and has won a world title again. He no longer deals with or speaks to Dennis Hobson. Frank Warren has made an offer to Dennis Hobson for Jamie McDonnell to fight Paul Butler.”

“If they are interested in the fight then I will make it easy, I will offer Paul Butler £200,000 to fight Jamie McDonnell. If they want to beat that then I am happy for Jamie McDonnell to fight on one of their shows but I’m not interested in games and nor is Jamie McDonnell.”

This fight would a very good domestic match up, some questions before Butlers fight with Hall whether the size would make a difference and as the fight wore on, it became clearer that Butler was struggling with Halls size.

It would be the first time since David Haye faced Enzo Maccarinelli that we would have an all British unification fight. Warren would want to screen this fight on Boxnation. He replied to Hearn saying;

“It’s a natural fight with added spice, two British world champions at the top of their game. BoxNation do everything possible to make the best fights happen and the new season will throw up some matches to prove that and this would be a great match to whet the appetite. Paul Butler is undoubtedly an outstanding fighter with a huge following that will only get bigger and this is a fight that I am convinced he will win if his performance against Hall is anything to go by.”

If this fight doesn’t happen now it would not be the end of this potential match up. Butler has only just moved in to the division and McDonnell has often said how comfortable he is at the weight and has no plans to move up, it would be an intriguing match up and one that would draw big numbers in either fighters home town.

http://www.v2boxing.com/1/post/2014/06/hearn-well-pay-butler-200k-to-face-mcdonnell.html

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Hearn: We'll Pay Butler £200k. Empty Re: Hearn: We'll Pay Butler £200k.

Post by Rodney Wed 11 Jun - 10:52

I take it this fight isnt going to happen anytime soon then. Mind I'm not fussed, would anyone seriously take this as a legit unification match-up ?

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Wed 11 Jun - 11:06

2 world champions.....good lord.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 11 Jun - 11:16

Will ignore whether this deserves to be a world title or is a unification because lets face it, both terms have little to no meaning now. It is however a good match up between a good solid fighter and a seemingly fast improving unbeaten fighter, as such I hope it can be made. However Frank contacting Hobson rather than Hearn suggests points scoring and arsing about are higher on the agenda than actually making a fight that fans want to see, as such I will not get my hopes up.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 11 Jun - 11:16

If I was Butler I would take this anyday, twice on a thiday.

You hardly come accross two World Champs in Britain at Bantam often. He would have usually had to go to Japan and Mexico and probs still wouldnt get near this sum.

I reckon Butler outboxes him aswell.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 11 Jun - 11:38

Butler wants the fight.

Warren, though, is unlikely to allow him to fight on a Hearn show (where's the money in that?).

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Wed 11 Jun - 14:21

One of Eddie Hearn's fighters in a dispute with the BBBofC.........well I never.....

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Wed 11 Jun - 14:24

Hobson has released a statement saying if Hearn wants this fight to happen he should contact him.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro147 Wed 11 Jun - 16:10

hampo171 wrote:Hobson has released a statement saying if Hearn wants this fight to happen he should contact him.

This makes the Manny Floyd negotiations seem straight forward.

Pedro147

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Jun - 16:35

Read the title and thought Eddie was advertising for household staff.

No bad, I thought they earned slightly more than minimum wage.

And people say Eddie's a b*****d.............

Back to top Go down

Post by djlovesyou Wed 11 Jun - 19:20

mobilemaster8 wrote:2 world champions.....good lord.

Look on the bright side, once the fight is finished there will only be one.

djlovesyou

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 11 Jun - 19:53

Butler to join Matchroom within 6 months.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down