The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warren Gatland OBE

5 posters

Go down

Warren Gatland OBE Empty Warren Gatland OBE

Post by Scratch Fri 13 Jun 2014, 11:56 pm

Congratulations Gatty for your much deserved gong, goes with your numerous 6 Nations silverware and the first successful Lions tour in 16 years.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Warren Gatland OBE Empty Re: Warren Gatland OBE

Post by SecretFly Sat 14 Jun 2014, 12:47 am

I think he got it because of his services to Entertainment..especially Bodgate which was a cacker of a party last summer.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat 14 Jun 2014, 12:49 am

SecretFly wrote:I think he got it because of his services to Entertainment..especially Bodgate which was a cacker of a party last summer.

How hilariously funny you are  Rolling Eyes 

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 14 Jun 2014, 12:51 am

I'm serious. It was a great adventure of dramatic fun and controversy. Just what the doc ordered for a big event. Thanks for the memories Warren.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat 14 Jun 2014, 12:54 am

SecretFly wrote:I'm serious.  It was a great adventure of dramatic fun and controversy.  Just what the doc ordered for a big event.  Thanks for the memories Warren.

i know you are and i can't write what i think you are, just think french rugby mascot with less feathers.  thumbsup 

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Sat 14 Jun 2014, 1:31 am

You didn't enoy the Lions tour then, Scratch?  
Pity - it had everything.  

Oh well, every C-ock to its own coop. thumbsup

Last edited by SecretFly on Sat 14 Jun 2014, 2:07 am; edited 2 times in total

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Sat 14 Jun 2014, 1:32 am

Doh 

Congrats Warren... but my thoughts on people getting awards for "doing the job" hasn't changed...

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat 14 Jun 2014, 4:32 am

SecretFly wrote:You didn't enoy the Lions tour then, Scratch?  
Pity - it had everything.  

Oh well, every C-ock to its own coop. thumbsup

as well as being hilarious you are very, very clever

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat 14 Jun 2014, 6:12 am

No9 wrote:Doh 

Congrats Warren... but my thoughts on people getting awards for "doing the job" hasn't changed...

doing the job no one else has managed for 16 years is not the same as cleaning a toilet well for 60, although both may have shovelled an equal amount of lurking floaters in the process.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Sat 14 Jun 2014, 7:15 am

Well he's acheived a great record coaching clubs and a country so fair play to him.
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Mon 16 Jun 2014, 2:21 pm

Scratch wrote:
No9 wrote:Doh 

doing the job no one else has managed for 16 years is not the same as cleaning a toilet well for 60, although both may have shovelled an equal amount of lurking floaters in the process.

Did they say to him, "Warren, we want you to take a year out to coach the lions. Oh, and by the way, we arent going to pay you for this. So please find another way to earn a living for the year, work 40 hours a week to put bread on your table, and then spend your spare time coaching the Lions out of prouide and passion."....

NO!!! Good GOD what a shocker..... So he was PAID for doing the Job... He won and probably had a win bonus... So what am I talking about, he obviously needs an award from the Queen as well... I mean how else can we motivate these high paid individuals...

Give it a break will you... I congratulated him, but I still believe (and will never be changed of that), that you shouldnt be awarded a gong for doing your job. It should be for something done, unselfleshy and beyond the norm, otherwise it has no value.

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Mon 16 Jun 2014, 2:22 pm

... oh, and after Saturday's performance, not sure the WRU should be paying him this summer either... never mind the gong...

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon 16 Jun 2014, 9:09 pm

his gong was for services to rugby. CLearly others with much more of a sense of this than you and i felt he was worth it, i mean Angelina got one too.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:11 pm

What did Angelina do for rugby?

... did she get lucky with weak Australians too?

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:12 pm

The Great Aukster wrote:What did Angelina do for rugby?

The weak link was BOD which is why he got the boot

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:40 pm

Scratch wrote:

What has BOD got to do with it? Would Gatland not have got his gong if it wasn't for BOD?
I knew he had a lot of influence being invited to the wedding and all, but it was very magnanimous of him to recommend Gats for an award.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Mon 16 Jun 2014, 11:46 pm

Nope Scratch, BOD gave Gats the boot when Gats came back to Ireland to say No Hard Feelings Wink  

"No Hard Feelings", says Gats.  "Too right mate", says BOD, "life's too short for holding grudges. All is forgiven.... but that'll come after the thrashin' we're going to hand you, not before it Wink "

And then it was plenty hard feelings for poor Scott Williams who was under secret orders to 'retire' BOD a second time but who ended his own championship prematurely when he was the recipient of the famous 'last man standing' BOD kiss. Love and forgiveness all around that day. Peace has been restored.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue 17 Jun 2014, 12:13 am

The Great Aukster wrote:
Scratch wrote:

What has BOD got to do with it? Would Gatland not have got his gong if it wasn't for BOD?
I knew he had a lot of influence being invited to the wedding and all, but it was very magnanimous of him to recommend Gats for an award.

The Aussies werent weak, they were beaten. Very likely we wouldn't have won the 3rd test with BOD which is why he was dropped

The Aussies weren't weak but we could have been if the Cult of BOD had forced Gats to pick him

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue 17 Jun 2014, 12:15 am

SecretFly wrote:Nope Scratch, BOD gave Gats the boot when Gats came back to Ireland to say No Hard Feelings Wink  

"No Hard Feelings", says Gats.  "Too right mate", says BOD, "life's too short for holding grudges.  All is forgiven.... but that'll come after the thrashin' we're going to hand you, not before it Wink "

And then it was plenty hard feelings for poor Scott Williams who was under secret orders to 'retire' BOD a second time but who ended his own championship prematurely when he was the recipient of the famous 'last man standing' BOD kiss.  Love and forgiveness all around that day.  Peace has been restored.

Not so secret if you managed to find them out, and frankly to suggest a player would try and retire another player is below even you.

Fact is BOD was there when the Lions was won but he did not contribute very much at all

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Tue 17 Jun 2014, 8:47 am

Scratch wrote:

Not so secret if you managed to find them out, and frankly to suggest a player would try and retire another player is below even you.

He hit him hard without arms used.  It was meant to hurt BOD not stop him.  Had it been the other way round, you'd be one of the first up to target the hit as dirty Irish play.  You'd be singing like a bird.  So go ahead, you think what you will and I'll think what I will.

All is Calm Wink  Love and forgiveness all round that day. Peace has been restored.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Great Aukster Tue 17 Jun 2014, 1:25 pm

Scratch wrote:The Aussies werent weak, they were beaten. Very likely we wouldn't have won the 3rd test with BOD which is why he was dropped

The Aussies weren't weak but we could have been if the Cult of BOD had forced Gats to pick him

I know BOD was probably the best pro player to come out of these islands, revered world wide and will be talked about long into the future, but this thread is about Gatland surely? When you keep bringing up Gatland's darkest day in the eyes of world rugby, it tarnishes those other achievements for which he no doubt deserves this accolade.

The Great Aukster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue 17 Jun 2014, 3:26 pm

Gatland has achieved what he has by taking hard decisions. The decision to drop BOD was clearly not one of those.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down