The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Life under a Rock

+8
AlexHuckerby
JabMachineMK2
Gerry SA
hampo17
wheelchair1991
jimdig
Strongback
mobilemaster8
12 posters

Go down

Life under a Rock Empty Life under a Rock

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:20 am

Quick one really guys, just having a quick boxing news fix by browsing various websites and catching up for the day....thought I'd check out the weigh in for the upcoming Provdokinov fight.

Brian Rose is weighing in.......

What is he doing fight Andrade?!

I never even knew!!!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Life under a Rock Empty Re: Life under a Rock

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Jun 2014, 7:58 pm

Maybe Rose's promoter has decided it's not a good idea anymore to hype up these lamb to the slaughter fights on foreign soil.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Sat 14 Jun 2014, 9:50 pm

Missed any build up to this too. Caught a report in espn this morning. It's pretty quiet on here too though now that the froch groves, cotto Martinez analysis has died down.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 14 Jun 2014, 10:00 pm

I hope rose wins but cant see it

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 14 Jun 2014, 10:07 pm

You must have been living under the rock as it's been all over social media and the sky sports app. Rose has worked his way through to a mandatory position, can't fault him, certainly no freebie. Andrade hasn't been in with the major names and could be all hype, however I see Rose getting stopped late.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sat 14 Jun 2014, 10:24 pm

Brian Rose has previouly been KO'd by Max Maxwell who's 17(3KOs)-47(2KOs)-3.

Andrade will school him and stop him in the middle rounds.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 14 Jun 2014, 10:31 pm

Rose was in a very bad place for that Maxwell fight, his opponent in the fight before had suffered a bleed on the brain and was rushed to hospital I believe, certainly wasn't himself that night anyway.

He's come back and beaten people who are a lot better than Max Maxwell since certainly.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sat 14 Jun 2014, 10:33 pm

The win against mancial was a very good win for rose

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sat 14 Jun 2014, 11:09 pm

hampo171 wrote:Rose was in a very bad place for that Maxwell fight, his opponent in the fight before had suffered a bleed on the brain and was rushed to hospital I believe, certainly wasn't himself that night anyway.

He's come back and beaten people who are a lot better than Max Maxwell since certainly.

Spot on Hampo, the guy was put in an induced coma and ended up blind in one eye. Rose has said it really messed up his head.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sun 15 Jun 2014, 4:34 am

Andrade absolutely destroyed him. I'd be embarrassed if I were Rose - landed 29 punches in 7 rounds. Threw barely 80. Disgusting. Why get to that level and not open up?

Andrade is pretty decent you know, nothing special but decent.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 21 Jun 2014, 5:18 pm

What are you even talking about JabMachine, literally stuff off and go spar Kell Brook, comments like that annoy me to the max, he clearly did everything he could in there.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 22 Jun 2014, 9:57 am

Are you serious Alex?

Having just rewatched it, he appeared completely shell shocked, hardly threw and punches and had no idea what was going on.

Maybe the occasion got to him, but he certainly didn't do enough for sure.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 22 Jun 2014, 11:28 am

He did say he froze in the interview after the fight

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Sun 22 Jun 2014, 5:06 pm

AlexHuckerby wrote:What are you even talking about JabMachine, literally stuff off and go spar Kell Brook, comments like that annoy me to the max, he clearly did everything he could in there.

Sub-par intelligence, once again. Alex, i stopped taking on board anything you had to say some time ago, so don't flatter yourself and assume you bother me. I'm pretty sure you didn't watch the fight.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sun 22 Jun 2014, 6:40 pm

I watched the fight, I watch virtually every fight, I stayed up until close to 6AM to watch the fight, as I do with almost every Stateside fight, however calling his performance disgusting is just ridiculous. He wasn't good enough. Virtually everything he tried he got countered on, to call it disgusting when he tried his best is a joke. Name these other times I have shown this sub-par intelligence please. Names, dates and times.

Typical JabMachine type comment, go cry to the mods about something or other again because someone hurt you feelings or whatever.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 22 Jun 2014, 7:47 pm

Rose got slaughtered because he was in a mismatch against an opponent that was way too good for him with a horrible style for him.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 22 Jun 2014, 8:12 pm

Yeah i agree catchwieght so to call the performance disgusting is a bit over the top jabby he just wasnt good enough that happens doesnt mean his performance was disgusting

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Mon 23 Jun 2014, 11:26 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:Typical JabMachine type comment, go cry to the mods about something or other again because someone hurt you feelings or whatever.

Add this to the sub-par intelligence compilation. I've invited any moderator or admin to come forward and post anything I've ever complained about in order to get whiny little kids like you to stop saying this before, but because there's no evidence they can't actually post things I've complained about.

You've been reading too much Trussman Alex. Too much. If you let people like that influence you then I really have nothing more to say. You've resorted to mocking me rather than debate the case in point like an adult, so don't expect me to speak to you like an adult.

To defend my point, if you're a professional boxer and you have the title before your eyes, the possibility to be something, to be world champion why in the seven blazes of hell would you not hit the other guy? Why would you let your work rate be so poor? Granted he was hugely outclassed, but he didn't even present a workrate to respect. He was just dreadful, possibly over matched but he didn't even give it a go. This means I'm entitled to be disgusted with the performance - being my opinion and all.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 23 Jun 2014, 12:06 pm

Six of one, half a dozen of the other for me.

I can see where Jabby is coming from I guess, albeit I too don’t like the words he’s used and think they’re a bit strong considering that Rose earned his shot legitimately and stood up bravely to a bit of a beat down. But I do think that when / if Rose looks back on the fight he’ll probably feel a bit disappointed with the account he gave of himself in other respects. From the first bell it was obvious that there was a pretty big gulf in class between him and Andrade, so barring a bit of divine intervention it’s unlikely he could ever won the fight in any case, but at the same time I think he could have probably performed a bit better in defeat than he did. The fact that he’s apparently admitted to freezing and letting the occasion get the best of him is testament to that.

But as Alex seems to be alluding to, instead of totally berating Rose, let’s make sure we’re giving Andrade credit. Yep, Rose looked bad in there, but was it also a case of him being made to look worse than he was by how good Andrade was on the night, which was very good indeed? Could well be. Maybe Rose went in there with a game plan to try and weather and early storm and take Andrade in to the late rounds given Andrade’s (alleged) struggles with the weight, for all we know. He didn’t let a lot of shots go, but then again, when you’re being countered almost every time you do open up then you’re bound to go in to your shell to some degree. Take a look at how fewer shots Manny throws whenever he fights Marquez than he normally does, or how few Calzaghe let go against Hopkins compared to his other opponents. And Rose ain’t a high volume puncher in their mould at the best of times, anyway.

I think it’s valid to argue that maybe Rose could have performed a little better and that this was a factor in exactly how the fight unfolded, but I’d say a more dominant factor was Andrade’s quality. Sometimes the other guy is just too good.

Andrade could be a Winky Wright kind of figure over the next few years, methinks.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 23 Jun 2014, 12:23 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:
AlexHuckerby wrote:Typical JabMachine type comment, go cry to the mods about something or other again because someone hurt you feelings or whatever.

You've been reading too much Trussman Alex. Too much. If you let people like that influence you then I really have nothing more to say. ..

Very nice..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 23 Jun 2014, 10:07 pm

JabMachineMK2 wrote:

Add this to the sub-par intelligence compilation. I've invited any moderator or admin to come forward and post anything I've ever complained about in order to get whiny little kids like you to stop saying this before, but because there's no evidence they can't actually post things I've complained about.

You've been reading too much Trussman Alex. Too much. If you let people like that influence you then I really have nothing more to say. You've resorted to mocking me rather than debate the case in point like an adult, so don't expect me to speak to you like an adult.

To defend my point, if you're a professional boxer and you have the title before your eyes, the possibility to be something, to be world champion why in the seven blazes of hell would you not hit the other guy? Why would you let your work rate be so poor? Granted he was hugely outclassed, but he didn't even present a workrate to respect. He was just dreadful, possibly over matched but he didn't even give it a go. This means I'm entitled to be disgusted with the performance - being my opinion and all.

He gave it a go, but remember, he was knocked down twice in the first 3 rounds, one extremely heavily. Everytime he tried literally anything Andrade seemed to have the perfect answer for it, he simply had no idea how to approach Andrade, he was completely wrong for him. When you're getting punched after throwing a punch or trying something and by the way, getting punched HARD, it puts you into survival mode, what was he meant to do, simply get knocked out faster to not be called a "Disgusting" performance by muppets such as yourself?

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by JabMachineMK2 Tue 24 Jun 2014, 10:45 am

AlexHuckerby wrote:He gave it a go, but remember, he was knocked down twice in the first 3 rounds, one extremely heavily. Everytime he tried literally anything Andrade seemed to have the perfect answer for it, he simply had no idea how to approach Andrade, he was completely wrong for him. When you're getting punched after throwing a punch or trying something and by the way, getting punched HARD, it puts you into survival mode, what was he meant to do, simply get knocked out faster to not be called a "Disgusting" performance by muppets such as yourself?

Oh, so you've taken offense to my being disgusted by the fact he didn't look like he tried his best. Women do that you know, pick up on one word and then try to crucify you for it - then of course you've got the added stigma that no matter how much time passes, idiots like you decide to use it against me in irrelevant ways, no matter.

Would "unacceptable" suffice? How about "half-arsed"? Let the jokes flow - but I've actually boxed, nowhere near this level or anything Rose has done - but its a joke to think that you get the shot, then just freeze completely. If you're going to attempt to vilify me for having an opinion, albeit a differing one then I suggest you find something better to do with your time, as I've demonstrated, bullies don't bother me.

JabMachineMK2

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 24 Jun 2014, 11:11 am

JabMachineMK2 wrote: as I've demonstrated, bullies don't bother me.

Yes your ability to turn the other cheek is truly remarkable!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down