The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shane Byrne to make international comeback for Russia!!

+10
Rugby Fan
Sin é
SecretFly
GunsGerms
Scrumpy
yappysnap
lostinwales
HammerofThunor
bedfordwelsh
LondonTiger
14 posters

Go down

Shane Byrne to make international comeback for Russia!! Empty Shane Byrne to make international comeback for Russia!!

Post by LondonTiger Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 18:50

Well no not really, but he does appear in the Mrs Brown Movie playing a Russian thug. Has put on a bit of weight sionce retiring as can be seen in the linked pi:

Shane Byrne to make international comeback for Russia!! Shay2-630x348

I thought it was him while watching the film, but could not check IMDB at the time. He actually appeared in the credits as Shane "the mullett" Byrne.

Any other rugby players appeared in major films?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Shane Byrne to make international comeback for Russia!! Empty Re: Shane Byrne to make international comeback for Russia!!

Post by LondonTiger Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 18:51

PS, if you are a fan of the TV show, give this a miss - dreadful.

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Shane Byrne to make international comeback for Russia!! Empty Re: Shane Byrne to make international comeback for Russia!!

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 19:57

LT,

Heard similar, love the show but was told to stay clear of the film, did the film about Gareth Thomas' life ever get off the ground with Mickey Rourke playing him?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 20:56

I think there were a few in Invictus but that doesn't really count does it?

Also, I really don't understand the appeal of Mrs Brown.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 20:57

Hammer,

Each to their own etc I could never stand the Office but friends went mad for it.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 21:11

Martin Bayfield has appeared in a few really terrible low budget horror movies I believe

Never could bring myself to watch Invictus. I mean Matt Damon can be a good actor but he is a bit of a charisma bypass.....

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 2 Jul 2014 - 22:03

Martin Bayfield was Hagrid in Harry Potter.

Bedford, aye. I like the Office but my wife hates it.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 6:43

It's all about How I Met Your Mother anyway. The rest is just filler.

Don't think there are any rugby players in it though.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 10:01

Austin Healy and Matt Dawson were both extras in one of the Harry Potter films, They both played School kids in the Great Hall.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonTiger Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 10:11

Scrumpy wrote:Austin Healy and Matt Dawson were both extras in one of the Harry Potter films, They both played School kids in the Great Hall.

warning

Mind you has anyone ever seen Matt Dawson and Dobby the house elf in the same room?

LondonTiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 10:19

Bayfield got them the gig.

You can just make out the back of Matts head and Austins grin in the background of one of the shots.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 10:51

Kieran Dawson appeared on the TV in an an episode of friends.

Javier Bardem played under age rugby for Spain.

Richard Harris played for Garryowen.

Gerard Depardieu played for Bordeaux-Begle.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 10:58

GunsGerms wrote:Kieran Dawson appeared on the TV in an an episode of friends.

That he played for them is just a rumour.  That he drank for them is a quantitative fact!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 11:40

Richard Harris was capped for Munster at underage level. He was buried in that jersey.

Tuberculoses finished his rugby playing career.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 12:13

Rugby league man Keith Mason is doing a Vinnie Jones

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/showbiz/357831/Rugby-ace-Keith-Mason-in-movie-with-pal-Mickey-Rourke

Not released yet but he's in the cast list as "Mr Steiner"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3120960/

Looks like a Best Picture Oscar contender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7ou5srxuFo

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 14:01

GunsGerms wrote:Kieran Dawson appeared on the TV in an an episode of friends.

I guess if we are counting that then quite a few of the early 90's 5 nations players appear in that episode!

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Thu 3 Jul 2014 - 14:47

Apologies I meant Kyran Bracken.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 12:38

Sebastian Chabal was in a commercial dressed as a fairy...

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 12:43

Isn't that interesting.
And the Eurovision had a fairy dressed as Sebastian Chabal

...or is that me being very un-PC?

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 12:51

SecretFly wrote:Isn't that interesting.  

Great Britian never learns... every year we seem to fail at Eurovision because we insist on having ourselves represented by relatively normal people singing pretty much mainstream songs. Every year we're outdone by an ever more outrageous act. When all we really need to do is trawl cabaret acts in Soho to come up with a winner.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 13:00

Very true.  All it needs is a transvestite, some camp designer kit, an extra angle to stand out from the other camp transvestites (this year was that beard, next year that beard will be old and boring if someone else tries it) - a pomp and circumstance song with the usual quiet, then louder, and louder and LOUDER and F**Kin LOUDER STILL sequence.

That's the winner.

But Gr Britain were actually playing it quite smart in recent times.  They thought 'Normal' would be the New Camp...but they just didn't time it right.  Maybe next year will finally be that year when Normal becomes the new Camp.  But of course, Gr Britain will have the flame-eating albino transvestite by then and come last.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 13:38

Don't know about PC but depending on what you mean by fairy it could just be insulting.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 13:40

That means you know all about PC.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 14:00

I also think that trying to win some competitions just isnt worth the effort

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Bluedragon Fri 4 Jul 2014 - 23:00

Shane Byrne has also appearred on the BBC wales highlights programme Scrum V as an expert commnetator.

He still has a mullet I see.

Bluedragon

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sun 6 Jul 2014 - 14:17

Jimpy wrote:

Great Britian never learns... every year we seem to fail at Eurovision because we insist on having ourselves represented by relatively normal people singing pretty much mainstream songs. Every year we're outdone by an ever more outrageous act. When all we really need to do is trawl cabaret acts in Soho to come up with a winner.

Jimpy, the BBC would never do anything like that, they might pick a winner and have to host the show the following year, at massive costs to the licence payer and all that. Why do you think Ireland have stopped trying. It costs too much to stage.

Next year we will persuade Paul O'Grady to reinvent Lily Savage and send him/her along, or maybe Eddie Izzard can sing a note or two.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down