The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pro 12 sponsor

+26
PenfroPete
ScarletSpiderman
Welshmushroom
R!skysports
XR
IanBru
HammerofThunor
profitius
Chunky Norwich
Nematode
SecretFly
Mickado
bedfordwelsh
Kingshu
GoodinTightSpaces
Cyril
Sin é
Notch
Jhamer25
LeinsterFan4life
justified sinner
St John The Enforcer
VinceWLB
thebandwagonsociety
Scrumpy
RDW
30 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Pro 12 sponsor

Post by RDW Mon 7 Jul - 15:00

Does anyone have the latest with what's going on with the Pro 12?

Quite concerning it is July and still no word on it - who is doing the negotiating?

If this is being discussed somewhere else let me know!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 32950
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Sydney

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Scrumpy Mon 7 Jul - 15:19

Does seem a bit late.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Posts : 4217
Join date : 2012-11-26
Location : Aquae Sulis

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon 7 Jul - 15:19

Does seem a little strange.
Also haven't seen Sky or any of the Terrestrials advertising the pro12 either.
Are they keeping their powder dry until after the soccer world cup? It will be hard (and expensive) to get market penetration if they advertise anything before the middle of next week.
I presume Sky might have linked up with the new sponsors to have a focused push on getting the new branding out into the market at the start of the season.
Also, when did the Rabo deal run through to? Is there a chance that their deal worked on a 12 month basis (say August through July) in which case it might be a coule of weeks before we see anything.

thebandwagonsociety

Posts : 2901
Join date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by VinceWLB Mon 7 Jul - 15:31

Facebook page is now only "Pro 12 rugby" so i guess contract with rabo ended in June.

Turkish Airline were the front runner for main sponsor but it's quite concerning it is so quiet, guess the situation with Welsh rugby doesn't help.
We need some sort of fixture list as soon as possible now that the other 2 leagues have announced theirs.

VinceWLB

Posts : 3841
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon 7 Jul - 15:43

We don't have to jump to their tune though Vince.

We have to figure out our schedule based off the football schedule as the premier league and fa cup fixtures have the highest impact on who plays who most weekends in our league. (the joys of having teams ground share).

thebandwagonsociety

Posts : 2901
Join date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by St John The Enforcer Mon 7 Jul - 15:58

www.guinnesspro12.com

St John The Enforcer

Posts : 403
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Scrumpy Mon 7 Jul - 16:10

Berocca Pro 12?

Might liven it up a bit. Wink 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Posts : 4217
Join date : 2012-11-26
Location : Aquae Sulis

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by RDW Mon 7 Jul - 16:31

Tweeted the Pro12 page, which is still active, hopefully they reply giving some news.

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 32950
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Sydney

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by St John The Enforcer Mon 7 Jul - 16:43

St John The Enforcer wrote:www.guinnesspro12.com
d'yiz not believe me? This domain has been registered by celtic rugby. Check it out.

St John The Enforcer

Posts : 403
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by RDW Mon 7 Jul - 16:48

It only says 'registered by a customer'?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 32950
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Sydney

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by St John The Enforcer Mon 7 Jul - 17:06

RDW_Scotland wrote:It only says 'registered by a customer'?
not much of an Internet sleuth eh?

St John The Enforcer

Posts : 403
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by RDW Mon 7 Jul - 17:07

Got more exciting things to do!  Very Happy 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 32950
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Sydney

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by St John The Enforcer Mon 7 Jul - 17:08

Which is why you are off tweeting some shots instead of just doing this.

Guinnesspro12.com
http://mawords.com/guinnesspro12.com

Celtic rugby reg 2/7/14

Domain Name: GUINNESSPRO12.COM
Registry Domain ID:
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.meshdigital.com
Registrar URL: http://www.domainbox.com
Updated Date: 2014-07-02T00:00:00Z
Creation Date: 2014-07-02T00:00:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-07-02T00:00:00Z
Registrar: MESH DIGITAL LIMITED
Registrar IANA ID: 1390
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: support@domainbox.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.8779770099
Reseller: Domainmonster.com
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Shane Whelan
Registrant Organization: Celtic Rugby
Registrant Street: 1st Floor Simmonscourt House
Registrant Street: Simmonscourt Road
Registrant City: Ballsbridge
Registrant State/Province: Dublin
Registrant Postal Code: DUBLIN 4
Registrant Country: IE
Registrant Phone: +353.16690950
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +353.16690950
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: domains@sotic.co.uk
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Shane Whelan
Admin Organization: Celtic Rugby
Admin Street: 1st Floor Simmonscourt House
Admin Street: Simmonscourt Road
Admin City: Ballsbridge
Admin State/Province: Dublin
Admin Postal Code: DUBLIN 4
Admin Country: IE
Admin Phone: +353.16690950
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +353.16690950
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: domains@sotic.co.uk
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Shane Whelan
Tech Organization: Celtic Rugby
Tech Street: 1st Floor Simmonscourt House
Tech Street: Simmonscourt Road
Tech City: Ballsbridge
Tech State/Province: Dublin
Tech Postal Code: DUBLIN 4
Tech Country: IE
Tech Phone: +353.16690950
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +353.16690950
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: domains@sotic.co.uk
Name Server: ns1.domainmonster.com
Name Server: ns2.domainmonster.com
Name Server: ns3.domainmonster.com
DNSSEC: unsigned

St John The Enforcer

Posts : 403
Join date : 2013-05-30

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by RDW Mon 7 Jul - 17:11

Ah but does it tell you when the fixtures will be announced, which is something I asked??  Whistle 

Would be happy with Guinness Pro 12!

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 32950
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Sydney

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by VinceWLB Mon 7 Jul - 17:20

Very happy with Guinness Pro 12 too!

I guess an announcement is coming soon.


VinceWLB

Posts : 3841
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by justified sinner Mon 7 Jul - 17:20

That's all well and good, but we don't actually have a competition until the Welsh stop their endless bickering. I'm getting a bit tired of their lack of respect to the other participants in the Pro 12, firstly falling for the PRL rubbish, now completely incapable of reaching an agreement regarding participating for next year.

justified sinner

Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-09-17
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by LeinsterFan4life Mon 7 Jul - 17:22

Lets just hope we get a more lucrative deal with the title sponsor this time! Apparently the Rabo one was worth basically nothing.

LeinsterFan4life

Posts : 6136
Join date : 2012-03-13
Age : 34
Location : Meath

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by RDW Mon 7 Jul - 17:24

What's the latest on the Welsh situation, in a nutshell?

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 32950
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Sydney

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by justified sinner Mon 7 Jul - 17:34

Last I heard they'd missed the deadline and were trying to agree a deadline for a meeting to discuss the deadline by which they would set the next deadline.

Or something like that.

justified sinner

Posts : 1042
Join date : 2011-09-17
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Jhamer25 Mon 7 Jul - 17:47

RDW_Scotland wrote:What's the latest on the Welsh situation, in a nutshell?

That's a deal is very close. Apparently.
They say they are just talking about the smaller things now. I will only believe it though when it is actually announced.

Jhamer25

Posts : 1219
Join date : 2013-04-09
Location : Torfaen

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Notch Mon 7 Jul - 22:01

No sponsor for the Pro12 or for the new European Cup announced yet.

Suspect both deals are done but are waiting to announce them. Last few weeks we've had Wimbledon and the World Cup, next month is the Commonwealth Games so they'll just want to announce their big new sponsorship deals when they might actually make the sports pages... but certainly no-one is going to announce anything when the World Cup is sucking all the attention up in the sports media.
Notch
Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 36
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Sin é Mon 7 Jul - 23:07

Notch wrote:No sponsor for the Pro12 or for the new European Cup announced yet.

Suspect both deals are done but are waiting to announce them. Last few weeks we've had Wimbledon and the World Cup, next month is the Commonwealth Games so they'll just want to announce their big new sponsorship deals when they might actually make the sports pages... but certainly no-one is going to announce anything when the World Cup is sucking all the attention up in the sports media.

There were comments in the Midi Olympic last week or the week before that there was no bid for the French TV rights. Until the media is sorted out, no sponsor will touch it. Apart from anything else, sponsors will be put off by the mix of media in UK & Ireland markets. They will have to buy support advertising on two media channels which makes it very expensive.

Personally think there is very little in the papers about the world cup since England were knocked out. I don't think that is delaying any announcements. More than likely the mess is with the Welsh Regionsn who might not even show up (or allow their players to show up) for the launch.



Sin é
Sin é

Posts : 13725
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Scrumpy Tue 8 Jul - 10:53

Does the Pro 12 have a nickname?

The Aviva Prem is known as the Jeff here on V2, maybe we should come up with one.

My effort is 'The Feeder League'
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Posts : 4217
Join date : 2012-11-26
Location : Aquae Sulis

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Cyril Tue 8 Jul - 11:06

Sin é wrote:
Notch wrote:No sponsor for the Pro12 or for the new European Cup announced yet.

Suspect both deals are done but are waiting to announce them. Last few weeks we've had Wimbledon and the World Cup, next month is the Commonwealth Games so they'll just want to announce their big new sponsorship deals when they might actually make the sports pages... but certainly no-one is going to announce anything when the World Cup is sucking all the attention up in the sports media.

There were comments in the Midi Olympic last week or the week before that there was no bid for the French TV rights. Until the media is sorted out, no sponsor will touch it.  Apart from anything else, sponsors will be put off by the mix of media in UK & Ireland markets. They will have to buy support advertising on two media channels which makes it very expensive.

Personally think there is very little in the papers about the world cup since England were knocked out. I don't think that is delaying any announcements. More than likely the mess is with the Welsh Regionsn who might not even show up (or allow their players to show up) for the launch.



Are you talking about the Irish or British press? Over here the World Cup is still wall-to-wall in the sports sections. Plus we've had Wimbledon and the Tour de France stages being in England.

Cyril

Posts : 7162
Join date : 2012-11-16

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Tue 8 Jul - 11:15

Scrumpy wrote:Does the Pro 12 have a nickname?

The Aviva Prem is known as the Jeff here on V2, maybe we should come up with one.

My effort is 'The Feeder League'

how about better than Jeff

GoodinTightSpaces

Posts : 391
Join date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Notch Tue 8 Jul - 11:20

It's also dominating the Irish Sports Pages so not sure where that comes from Cyril.
Notch
Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 36
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by VinceWLB Tue 8 Jul - 11:21

Scrumpy wrote:Does the Pro 12 have a nickname?

The Aviva Prem is known as the Jeff here on V2, maybe we should come up with one.

My effort is 'The Feeder League'

NH Super Rugby

VinceWLB

Posts : 3841
Join date : 2012-10-14

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Sin é Tue 8 Jul - 12:09

Cyril wrote:
Sin é wrote:
Notch wrote:No sponsor for the Pro12 or for the new European Cup announced yet.

Suspect both deals are done but are waiting to announce them. Last few weeks we've had Wimbledon and the World Cup, next month is the Commonwealth Games so they'll just want to announce their big new sponsorship deals when they might actually make the sports pages... but certainly no-one is going to announce anything when the World Cup is sucking all the attention up in the sports media.

There were comments in the Midi Olympic last week or the week before that there was no bid for the French TV rights. Until the media is sorted out, no sponsor will touch it.  Apart from anything else, sponsors will be put off by the mix of media in UK & Ireland markets. They will have to buy support advertising on two media channels which makes it very expensive.

Personally think there is very little in the papers about the world cup since England were knocked out. I don't think that is delaying any announcements. More than likely the mess is with the Welsh Regionsn who might not even show up (or allow their players to show up) for the launch.



Are you talking about the Irish or British press? Over here the World Cup is still wall-to-wall in the sports sections. Plus we've had Wimbledon and the Tour de France stages being in England.

Only so much can be written with so few teams left. I think it has died down considerably. There is lots of stuff going on (as there usually is this time of the year), but no one sport is dominating the headlines. The tennis, golf, tour de france (and the GAA provincials & championship qualifiers over here) happen every year at this time.

I'd imagine new title sponsors would want some of the top players at the announcement and most of them are still away on holiday anyway (though I saw Conor Murray was back with Munster over a week ago).




Sin é
Sin é

Posts : 13725
Join date : 2011-04-01
Location : Dublin

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Kingshu Tue 8 Jul - 12:12

I hope that it is Guinness, as it would mean Ravenhill reverting back to selling Guinness.

It's the important things I focas on. lol

Kingshu

Posts : 4087
Join date : 2011-05-30

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 8 Jul - 13:14

RDW_Scotland wrote:What's the latest on the Welsh situation, in a nutshell?

In a nutshell, mmmmmm would have to be a if nutshell to get all the crap going on inside.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9962
Join date : 2011-05-11
Age : 56

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Scrumpy Tue 8 Jul - 13:18

Kingshu wrote:I hope that it is Guinness, as it would mean Ravenhill reverting back to selling Guinness.

It's the important things I focas on. lol

I agree, the Guinness Prem was great due to the easy availability of the Black Stuff whilst someone trying to sell you insurance just isn't the same!
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Posts : 4217
Join date : 2012-11-26
Location : Aquae Sulis

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Mickado Tue 8 Jul - 13:35

St John The Enforcer wrote:Which is why you are off tweeting some shots instead of just doing this.

Guinnesspro12.com
http://mawords.com/guinnesspro12.com

Celtic rugby reg 2/7/14

Domain Name: GUINNESSPRO12.COM
Registry Domain ID:
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.meshdigital.com
Registrar URL: http://www.domainbox.com
Updated Date: 2014-07-02T00:00:00Z
Creation Date: 2014-07-02T00:00:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-07-02T00:00:00Z
Registrar: MESH DIGITAL LIMITED
Registrar IANA ID: 1390
Registrar Abuse Contact Email: support@domainbox.com
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +1.8779770099
Reseller: Domainmonster.com
Domain Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Domain Status: clientUpdateProhibited
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Shane Whelan
Registrant Organization: Celtic Rugby
Registrant Street: 1st Floor Simmonscourt House
Registrant Street: Simmonscourt Road
Registrant City: Ballsbridge
Registrant State/Province: Dublin
Registrant Postal Code: DUBLIN 4
Registrant Country: IE
Registrant Phone: +353.16690950
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax: +353.16690950
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: domains@sotic.co.uk
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Shane Whelan
Admin Organization: Celtic Rugby
Admin Street: 1st Floor Simmonscourt House
Admin Street: Simmonscourt Road
Admin City: Ballsbridge
Admin State/Province: Dublin
Admin Postal Code: DUBLIN 4
Admin Country: IE
Admin Phone: +353.16690950
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax: +353.16690950
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: domains@sotic.co.uk
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Shane Whelan
Tech Organization: Celtic Rugby
Tech Street: 1st Floor Simmonscourt House
Tech Street: Simmonscourt Road
Tech City: Ballsbridge
Tech State/Province: Dublin
Tech Postal Code: DUBLIN 4
Tech Country: IE
Tech Phone: +353.16690950
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax: +353.16690950
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: domains@sotic.co.uk
Name Server: ns1.domainmonster.com
Name Server: ns2.domainmonster.com
Name Server: ns3.domainmonster.com
DNSSEC: unsigned

Wonder is there money to be made in registering domain names before the deals are done and selling them when they're required. It didn't take a genius to find out the 2 or 3 interested parties...

Mickado

Posts : 7282
Join date : 2011-04-06
Age : 39
Location : Baile Átha Cliath

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by SecretFly Tue 8 Jul - 14:02

Kingshu wrote:I hope that it is Guinness, as it would mean Ravenhill reverting back to selling Guinness.

It's the important things I focas on. lol

What gets sold there now? Insurance policies in plastic cups?

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by thebandwagonsociety Tue 8 Jul - 14:04

So if Diageo have the title sponsorship then will there be a change to bushmills doing the hot whiskeys in the winter?

Am I the only one that thinks it's sacrilege to drink guinness out of those plastic pint glasses. At least there won't be anyone at the grounds naive enough to single pour a pint!! god forbid.

thebandwagonsociety

Posts : 2901
Join date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by SecretFly Tue 8 Jul - 14:05

PS... if it truly is a case of what sponsors the League gets sold at the ground, then I think my choice would be The Playboy Pro12

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Scrumpy Tue 8 Jul - 14:07

I'd rather someone accidentally spilled some Guinness on me rather than their load!
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Posts : 4217
Join date : 2012-11-26
Location : Aquae Sulis

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Notch Tue 8 Jul - 14:08

There can be a fair bit of money in domain name squatting, aye, but if the complainant goes down a legal route they are very likely to be successful. I have no idea what the laws are in Ireland though, given many Irish politicians seemingly total ignorance of the internet, I imagine its a grey area.
Notch
Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 36
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by SecretFly Tue 8 Jul - 14:20

Notch wrote:There can be a fair bit of money in domain name squatting, aye, but if the complainant goes down a legal route they are very likely to be successful. I have no idea what the laws are in Ireland though, given many Irish politicians seemingly total ignorance of the internet, I imagine its a grey area.

The female politician had a point though.  Curbing the excesses of the Digital Webface Intergoogle, as it were, might have possibly brought about a suitable end to the two gobshytes talking over her.  Lads................... em..................... Aldi store shelf fillers, is it?  The two of ye? -  Yep, stick to that lads.  Much more productive.


Last edited by SecretFly on Tue 8 Jul - 14:21; edited 1 time in total

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by RDW Tue 8 Jul - 14:21

Scrumpy wrote:I'd rather someone accidentally spilled some Guinness on me rather than their load!

 Erm 

RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 32950
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Sydney

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by SecretFly Tue 8 Jul - 14:23

RDW_Scotland wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:I'd rather someone accidentally spilled some Guinness on me rather than their load!

 Erm 

It's all the talk of how spectacular the new Pro12 is going to be. He just got over-excited.

SecretFly

Posts : 31800
Join date : 2011-12-12

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by RDW Tue 8 Jul - 14:25

I'd be pretty concerned if I was at a Rugby game and saw someone so excited they had a raging stauner!


RDW
Founder
Founder

Posts : 32950
Join date : 2011-06-01
Location : Sydney

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Tue 8 Jul - 14:38

New sponsor to be announced on Thursday. looks like it is Guinness

GoodinTightSpaces

Posts : 391
Join date : 2012-09-13

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Scrumpy Tue 8 Jul - 14:42

Shame its not Marmite!
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Posts : 4217
Join date : 2012-11-26
Location : Aquae Sulis

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Nematode Tue 8 Jul - 15:11

Re knickname, I just call it Rabo rugby. Guess that'll have to change...

Would some of the mid-east airlines (Etihad, Emirates, Qatar) be interested saying it's 5 countries?

Nematode

Posts : 1681
Join date : 2014-01-08

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 8 Jul - 15:37

Scrumpy wrote:Does the Pro 12 have a nickname?

The bunch of *h*t league.

Chunky Norwich

Posts : 4409
Join date : 2011-12-08
Location : Location: Location:

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Scrumpy Tue 8 Jul - 15:42

From this day forward the Celtic league will be known as


'The Marmite'
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Posts : 4217
Join date : 2012-11-26
Location : Aquae Sulis

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by profitius Tue 8 Jul - 17:00

http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/pro12/guinness-to-be-announced-as-new-pro12-sponsor-1.1859378

Guinness set to be announced thursday.
profitius
profitius

Posts : 4726
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 8 Jul - 17:15

Nematode wrote:Re knickname, I just call it Rabo rugby. Guess that'll have to change...

Would some of the mid-east airlines (Etihad, Emirates, Qatar) be interested saying it's 5 countries?

Aye, that's where Jeff came from. The change to Aviva and people were used to GP, so it was renamed from a poster's kid's hamster.

Good news though.

HammerofThunor

Posts : 10471
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Hull, England - Originally Potteries

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Notch Tue 8 Jul - 17:21

I used to call it the Magners League, now I just call it the Pro12 and that part of the name seems unlikely to change. Sponsors come and go, hard to get too excited about it, but this will surely herald the return of Guinness to bars in grounds all around the league which many fans will be happy about.
Notch
Notch
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 25635
Join date : 2011-02-10
Age : 36
Location : Belfast

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by IanBru Wed 9 Jul - 1:25

Guinness! Brilliant! They can dust off the old 'Guinness Premiership' advertising hoardings, cut them in half, add a 'o12' at the end, and hey presto!

I should have been on Blue Peter.
IanBru
IanBru

Posts : 2909
Join date : 2011-04-30
Age : 36
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Pro 12 sponsor Empty Re: Pro 12 sponsor

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum