The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bradley Pryce Interview

3 posters

Go down

Bradley Pryce Interview Empty Bradley Pryce Interview

Post by hampo17 Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:44 pm

By Paul Hampton, @paulhv2.

Bradley "Sugar Sweet" Pryce (35-16, 19kos) recently took the time to answer my questions. He is a man who has experienced life in the great Calzaghe gym, and has gone through the highs and lows that boxing can throw at you. He is still striving to get his hands on that Lonsdale belt, which in a talent packed division in Britain is no easy thing to achieve.

PH: You bounced back from three consecutive defeats earlier this year. Did you ever think about hanging the gloves up?

BP: Quitting the sport as never really crossed my mind as I believe with notice id beat any light-middle in Britain, I’ve jumped from weight to weight but I’m happy and at my best at light-middle so hopefully the call comes with good notice to fight at that weight.

PH: You’ve shared the ring with some very good prospects, Frankie Gavin, Billy Joe Saunders and Chris Eubank JR, who do you rather higher?

BS: Boxing wise Frankie Gavin and Billy Joe Saunders are excellent, Eubank I don’t rate, I felt it was a close fight, and with more than 3 days notice and a trainer in my corner I would of won.

PH: What do you make of the return to presence of Welsh Boxing as of late...do you feel the country has a star to get behind in Lee Selby?

BP: Yeah Selby is a quality fighter and will become world champion, and there is a lot of other welsh talent coming through, welsh boxing is better than it as been for years.

PH: When switching to Gary Lockett as a trainer you spoke of getting back to title level; however you have come unstuck when challenging for titles against Rabchenko & Billy Joe Saunders, are you of the belief that you are now a gatekeeper for the young contenders at European/British level if not is that something you would ever feel happy accepting?

BP: A switch I regret, mentally I went into journeyman mode and have struggled to shake that off mentality in fights, when the day comes when I get a fight with good notice, at correct weight and lose then I will consider my boxing future, I’ve had 2 fights lined up with Sam Sheedy with good notice and he as pulled out both times near the date, when a fight like that comes off people will take notice that I’m still a threat in the division. I believe Jamie Arthur is starting to get the best out of me, it’s been a long learning process, but we are now there, so next fight expect to see new and improved.

PH: You have fought on the undercard of a Ricky Hatton bill as well as at Excel Arena, Odyssey Arena & Millennium Stadium which for you provided the best atmosphere?

BP: I boxed on the Mike Tyson undercard at the M.E.N and everything from build up to event was amazing.

PH: Small hall shows are the lifeline of the sport, how proud does it make you to see so many being put on Wales at the moment?

BP: It’s great when promoters keep the sport alive in the country, and gives local talent a chance to shine in front of their families and friends.

PH: A point, which is often discussed on boxing forums & amongst boxing fans is weather boxing should return to terrestrial format...where do you stand on the argument?

BP: Strangely I’m not a big boxing fan and don’t tend to watch it, but would definitely draw more boxing fans.

PH: What was the greatest achievement of your boxing career?

BP: It has to be winning Commonwealth title, but best still to come, expect to see me become British champion in 2015.

PH: Do you ever visit, websites/forums of the people asking you questions and let that dictate how you'll conduct the interview?

BP: Not really.

PH: Do you think more could be done to introduce boxing to children and what would you do?

BP: Yes think more can be done,i go to a local comp once a week to do a boxing class and try get kids interested in the sport.

PH: What plans do you have for after your career?

BP: I’m still learning the sport and am starting to enjoy boxing, I’ve probably been to 3 amateur shows in last 5 years but I now have my amateur trainers license and plan on being a lot more involved, I have started a local boxing gym, Abertysswg boxing club, so will have a few of my boxers having their 1st fights in the new season, I will always have something to do with boxing when iv finished fighting, I am also a qualified close protection officer so will look to get into the security business.

http://www.v2boxing.com/3/post/2014/07/bradley-pryce-interview.html

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bradley Pryce Interview Empty Re: Bradley Pryce Interview

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:48 pm

Not a single mention...Bradley, you're dead to me now...dead to me!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:50 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Not a single mention...Bradley, you're dead to me now...dead to me!

It was a pretty sh*t article you put together, Dave. What did you expect?

Happy birthday for yesterday, by the way.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:54 pm

Abertysswg! Great name for a town

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 16 Jul 2014, 12:57 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Not a single mention...Bradley, you're dead to me now...dead to me!

It was a pretty sh*t article you put together, Dave.  What did you expect?

Happy birthday for yesterday, by the way.
Thanks for the Birthday wishes Tina... as for Bradley, given no other c**t has given him a mention on here (irrespective of how tongue in cheek my comments were) he is looking at a very bleak future with that sort of attitude.

I'm disappointed and a bit hurt but I'll get over it eventually...I hope!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down