The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

v2 Wrestling Podcast 22nd July: TNA NYC, Battleground & The Bo-lievers

4 posters

Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast 22nd July: TNA NYC, Battleground & The Bo-lievers Empty v2 Wrestling Podcast 22nd July: TNA NYC, Battleground & The Bo-lievers

Post by Enforcer Wed 23 Jul 2014, 9:22 pm

Adam is joined by Chris, Paul and Rich to discuss this weeks latest action. Starting with TNA we discuss the first of the New York taped shows and how Taz intrigued us, but how TNA quickly managed to crush any hope back out! Adam gives his usual round up of all the Impact action and the team discuss the latest goings on and whether there is a genuine cause for optimism.

Moving onto matters WWE we have a thorough round up of the Battleground ppv, discussing what we all agreed was match of the night and the potential feuds for The Wyatts (who aren't Wyatts) and the Usos (who are Usos). Luckily Adam's patented Sandow section was limited to just a brief mention but Bo Dallas was the recipient of praise from the crew who all seem to be becoming Bolievers! A round up of the fallout on Raw and a look forward to the biggest event of the summer rounds up another action packed Podcast!

http://v2wrestling.podomatic.com/entry/2014-07-23T13_02_14-07_00

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast 22nd July: TNA NYC, Battleground & The Bo-lievers Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast 22nd July: TNA NYC, Battleground & The Bo-lievers

Post by Prometheus Thu 24 Jul 2014, 9:39 am

Clearly the best part of this weeks show was why Sting should have been introduced around the Steph angle on Raw this week  Very Happy 

I find it interesting that two of the acts most highly praised by the team this week were The Usos and Bo Dallas. I am also enjoying both, though the Bo Dallas gimmick may start to wear thin if not supported by some strong in-ring performances.

I think the team referred to the Usos as pleasing the younger WWE audience. And this may well be true. Maybe I'm just a big kid at heart, but I'm a sucker for a Haka, and then they just bring it, with some full on wrestling. So, I'd go one step beyond the question the team had of how do they compare to the tag team in Impact and ask a bigger question. Are the Usos really potential game-changers for the WWE post-Attitude era, who can appeal to fans of all generations? And with Cena not cool and Daniel Bryan out the biggest babyfaces they have right now?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

v2 Wrestling Podcast 22nd July: TNA NYC, Battleground & The Bo-lievers Empty Re: v2 Wrestling Podcast 22nd July: TNA NYC, Battleground & The Bo-lievers

Post by Adam D Thu 24 Jul 2014, 10:04 am

Prometheus wrote:Clearly the best part of this weeks show was why Sting should have been introduced around the Steph angle on Raw this week  Very Happy 

I find it interesting that two of the acts most highly praised by the team this week were The Usos and Bo Dallas.  I am also enjoying both, though the Bo Dallas gimmick may start to wear thin if not supported by some strong in-ring performances.  

I think the team referred to the Usos as pleasing the younger WWE audience.  And this may well be true.  Maybe I'm just a big kid at heart, but I'm a sucker for a Haka, and then they just bring it, with some full on wrestling.  So, I'd go one step beyond the question the team had of how do they compare to the tag team in Impact and ask a bigger question.  Are the Usos really potential game-changers for the WWE post-Attitude era, who can appeal to fans of all generations?  And with Cena not cool and Daniel Bryan out the biggest babyfaces they have right now?

I like Promotheus - the Sting joke was mine!

I don't think the Usos will ever be top guys, mainly because they cant talk (as in promo well, they are not mutes)

The best they can hope for is to get someone like a Heyman to represent them and reign supreme in an elevated tag division. I still think the Wolves are better, as they are edgier.

The problem the 'E have is that they can only really seem to concentrate on one tag team feud at a time. The best feuds in 'E history were when there was more than one tag team to challenge ie Dudz, E&C and Hardyz

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Thu 24 Jul 2014, 10:20 am

Points taken. And the edgier I agree with, but I think we have to respect the fact that IMO the Usos are being able to get over with fans of all generations and I think that is quite a task that could be under-estimated.

Regarding only concentrating on one feud at a time.  I can only think of about 4 WWE tag teams currently:
- Usos
- Dust Brothers
- Rybaxel
- The non-Wyatt Wyatts (maybe)

So, its not like we are talking a big division to start with.  It feels a little chicken and egg, doesn't it?  But at least HHH (or whoever) is sticking with this, and when the Usos give you curtain-raiser after curtain-raiser at PPVs to get the show going, why not?

I don't think I'm expecting Rock or StoneCold business from them, but I like their just get in the ring and do it style.  Have we heard enough from them to know they can't develop to work a promo?  I think even a short "Erick Rowan and Luke Harper gave us their best, they are two of the toughest we have met, but we beat them we are still champs and we are here to stay" would give them added personality that you can get into.  

Whenever I think of him, I can only think of Rikishi dancing (I dunno it might have been a middle-aged woman thing), but could he work the mic to be a manager?
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Thu 24 Jul 2014, 11:42 am

He'll do it, but only for The Rock

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down