The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who would you pick?

+13
JAS
Roller_Coaster
beninho
skiddy
super_realist
gaelgowfer
Bob_the_Job
kwinigolfer
sirbenson
Diggers
pedro
MustPuttBetter
incontinentia
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pick 3 wildcards for Ryder cup

Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_lcap32%Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 32% 
[ 22 ]
Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_lcap16%Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 16% 
[ 11 ]
Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_lcap7%Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 7% 
[ 5 ]
Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 6% 
[ 4 ]
Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]
Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_lcap18%Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 18% 
[ 12 ]
Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 7 ]
Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_lcap1%Who would you pick? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 1% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 68

Who would you pick? - Page 2 Empty Who would you pick?

Post by incontinentia Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:33 pm

First topic message reminder :

Based on current standings the European Ryder cup team would be as follows...

-McIlroy
-Dubya's Son
-Garcia
-Stenson
-Rose
-Kaymer
-Bjorn
-McDowell
-Donald's son

who would your Captain's picks be?
incontinentia
incontinentia

Back to top Go down

Who would you pick? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who would you pick?

Post by pedro Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:13 am

Bob, you may be right. Just came to think of the WGC Match Play final btw Day and Dubuisson. Terrible golf: They couldn't hit the fairway or the green. Yet it was some of the most exciting and thrilling golf I've seen in a long time.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by Diggers Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:40 am

The problem with a televised Matchplay final day is that there is so little action. A few guys on a course ultimately means lots of shots of the participants walking down fairways and a whole load more inane studio and on course commentary. It's not unusual to have a good 5 minutes in between seeing any shots.
If ever a sporting event should be shown as a highlights program its WGC finals day.

Diggers

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:58 am

Diggers wrote:The problem with a televised Matchplay final day is that there is so little action. A few guys on a course ultimately means lots of shots of the participants  walking down fairways and a whole load more inane studio  and on course commentary. It's not unusual to have a good 5 minutes in between seeing any shots.
If ever a sporting event should be shown as a highlights program its WGC finals day.

Agreed, it really is dull and it really should be great! I'm convinced the only reason they make the poor guys play the 'consolation match' is so there's more stuff to show. Always makes me laugh how they get round about 3 hours quicker than the final match does...
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by pedro Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:59 am

Still plenty of owgr points (and $) at stage in the consolation match.

pedro

Back to top Go down

Post by MustPuttBetter Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:22 am

And yet the guys playing it still never look particularly interested
MustPuttBetter
MustPuttBetter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:25 am

It's by definition a bit anti-climatic. Must be hard to get "up" for it having just lost in a semi-final.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:32 am

Just like the third place play off in the World Cup or Bronze medal matches in Olympics.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by gaelgowfer Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:05 pm

Bob_the_Job wrote:In the interest of balance, she did also say he's running into form.

Indeed Bob although I actually said he was "in form" a subtle but important difference.

Through sheer laziness, I couldn't be bothered looking for "someone else" so I just based my picks on the given list.

Nevertheless, given Gallacher currently enjoys a ranking of 7th place on the European pga tour, seems to me this sufficiently demonstrates consistently good form and when you add the fact that he clearly understands the nature of match play having won through eight straight rounds of it, which includes a 36-hole final, seems to me he's as worthy of a place as anyone else on that list.  

gaelgowfer

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:09 pm

gaelgowfer wrote:
Bob_the_Job wrote:In the interest of balance, she did also say he's running into form.

Indeed Bob although I actually said he was "in form" a subtle but important difference.  

Through sheer laziness, I couldn't be bothered looking for "someone else" so I just based my picks on the given list.

Nevertheless, given Gallacher currently enjoys a ranking of 7th place on the European pga tour, seems to me this sufficiently demonstrates consistently good form and when you add the fact that he clearly understands the nature of match play having won through eight straight rounds of it, which includes a 36-hole final, seems to me he's as worthy of a place as anyone else on that list.   

You do realise he won the Scottish Amateur way back in 1992 don't you? 22 years ago. It's way more than half his life ago. You can't possibly use it as justification for inclusion.

Find me a pro, who hasn't won a matchplay tournament of that lowly a stature.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2