The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Froch 'promoting' GGG fight on Facebook.......

+14
aja424
depen.balboa
Herman Jaeger
Derbymanc
Strongback
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Gerry SA
mobilemaster8
owen10ozzy
milkyboy
Hammersmith harrier
Dipper Brown
TRUSSMAN66
TopHat24/7
18 posters

Go down

Froch 'promoting' GGG fight on Facebook....... Empty Froch 'promoting' GGG fight on Facebook.......

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 12 Aug 2014, 5:39 pm

Entitled 'Men of Steel'.

Anyone think there's anything to this.......?

https://www.facebook.com/carl.froch?fref=photo

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Froch 'promoting' GGG fight on Facebook....... Empty Re: Froch 'promoting' GGG fight on Facebook.......

Post by Guest Tue 12 Aug 2014, 5:40 pm

Carl desperately trying to get us to ignore the fact he's currently poncing about in lycra

Back to top Go down

Froch 'promoting' GGG fight on Facebook....... Empty Re: Froch 'promoting' GGG fight on Facebook.......

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Aug 2014, 5:43 pm

I think It'd be the right move for both........

Froch gets Vegas against the new star of Boxing...In a 50/50ish fight...Win or lose goes out in STYLE !!

GGG gets the big fight..

It'll be big.................With more publicity than Chavez !!

Will it happen.............Who knows..............Sounds like he's thinking about it !!

I'd buy it..........

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Tue 12 Aug 2014, 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 12 Aug 2014, 6:07 pm

If I had a meme with Kevin Keegan saying 'I would love it', then I'd post it here. But, I don't, so I'll just have to say it; I would love it.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 12 Aug 2014, 6:10 pm

Would be a great fight if it came off, would come down to whether GGG can hurt Froch, if he can't stop him coming forward then he's in for a long night.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Tue 12 Aug 2014, 6:14 pm

He's got pictures of 3 potential match ups on his Facebook, GGG/DeGale/Chavez Jr before we all get too excited. Not a case of 'most likes wins' or anything but whoever he faces, Id imagine we're gonna hear 'I'm giving the fans what they want'.

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Tue 12 Aug 2014, 6:59 pm

Think carl is paying for likes on chavez? Its official no one wants ggg froch. Well just the humble boxing fan, the Lycra watching masses would prefer chavez or chunky.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by owen10ozzy Tue 12 Aug 2014, 7:29 pm

Ah the old vote system; didn't Mayweather use something like this with great success Very Happy

Seems Chavez is winning at the moment; no doubt Lee is sat on various accounts clicking like on that particular poster!

owen10ozzy

http://aviewfrommyarmchair.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Tue 12 Aug 2014, 7:43 pm

If GGG power can carry up to SMW then it could be a very interesting fight.

Froch as we know is open to being hit a lot in his fights... Groves nearly stopped him in 1 rounds through a thunder punch.

GGG can be hit as well and froch carries good power at the weight so again it would be interesting to see how GGG holds a shot higher up the wight classes.

If I'm honest, I'd expect either GGG to wear Froch down and knock him out.....but it could easily end up being the exact opposite.

Like Truss.....I'd also buy this!!

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Tue 12 Aug 2014, 7:49 pm

HBO had stated Golovkin vs Froch wouldn't be a PPV, so there goes the chance of fighting in Las Vegas. The fight would have to be in California or New York. 

As for Chavez Jr, yeah that would be a PPV, but I doubt Froch brings any revenue for the fight...

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Tue 12 Aug 2014, 8:11 pm

Don't really see the point in this for Froch; potentially tough fight against a guy most casuals won't have heard of without American PPV.

Would like to see it to see how GGG fares, stepping up in weight against a good puncher and a guy who is in all fairness made of granite. If his power carries against Froch - who let's face it has a head like an anvil - then we know he's the real deal at 168. If his power doesn't carry, would he then be up a creek without a paddle and on the wrong end of a hammering from a bigger guy?

Would like to see it, but for Froch it makes no sense and I'm sure Big Ed will point this out to him in no uncertain terms.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Aug 2014, 8:33 pm

Looks like Eddie blowing smoke up Froch's backside.

I'd be happy with any of those fights.

Mayweather didn't generate great PPV sales with the same tactic it shouldn't be forgotten.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Wed 13 Aug 2014, 7:21 am

Rolling Eyes 

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Wed 13 Aug 2014, 11:50 am

Be happy with either of those three.

Golovkin would be first choice. Probably gets him past Joe as our finest super middleweight. Us Froch diehards swear Carl's done enough to go ahead already, but I get the impression we still swimming against the tide on this forum, and Joe's still the concensus number one.

DeGale second choice. A win over the talented Londoner with a potentially awkward style for Froch would I think be legacy enhancing. Enough to get him past Joe I don't know the answer to that. And get to see how DeGale gets on with the best.

Chavez. That's a lot of fun that. People dismiss it now, but that could really take off as the fight draws near and quite electric. Chance for us to avenge Barrera's/ Naz maybe. Won't get Carl past Joe, but dangerous fight as Chavez has single shot power. Granite jaw they say, we'll see. Love to see Carl break him down.

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by depen.balboa Wed 13 Aug 2014, 9:43 pm

Finally GGG has overtook Chavez Jnr in the poll. Let's keep those GGG likes coming. Carl Froch the next GoodBoy!
depen.balboa
depen.balboa

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 9:48 am

Wouldn't need all the hype and 24/7 all access etc to get excited about this one.
I think Carl keeps him at a distance and only goes in for the knockout if he feels his chin isn't up to the supermid standard.
He did a brilliant job on Abraham, and that's without the anxiety of being ko'd which the Groves fight must have placed on him.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 9:48 am

Wouldn't need all the hype and 24/7 all access etc to get excited about this one.
I think Carl keeps him at a distance and only goes in for the knockout if he feels his chin isn't up to the supermid standard.
He did a brilliant job on Abraham, and that's without the anxiety of being ko'd which the Groves fight must have placed on him.

aja424

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 10:39 am

To be fair Abraham was also stepping up from Middleweight and clearly didn't carry as much power (even if he did spark Taylor - many others have too) as Groves who is a natural SMW.

If GGG carries power up he could be a great addition to SMW because its only really Froch and Bika that fight these days against the best available.

Shame because you have at least 4 or 5 top fighters in every division going at it yearly with good names.

SMW for me, when Froch goes, will be worse than Straw Weight.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 10:49 am

Yeah that cowardly Ward..Who's beaten everybody at 168...and Dawson for good measure..

Stop being silly Moby..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:04 am

Yawn, a Yank 'Great' gets a bit of stick and Truss' toys fly out the pram.

Hard to doubt Ward is top3 p4p, but that doesn't excuse the fact that he hasn't actively sought a challenge in years. Happy to sit on his arris as Mr 168 Superman and not actually go anywhere or do anything to ehance his legacy.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:18 am

Plenty of US fighters deserve stick but not this guy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:27 am

Why? Just because he's better than all but 1 of them??

Being lazy and not seeking a challenge deserves, irrespective of how good you are.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:28 am

Which one isn't he better than ??

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:45 am

Floyd - d'uh?!

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:47 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Yeah that cowardly Ward..Who's beaten everybody at 168...and Dawson for good measure..

Stop being silly Moby..

Kessler: Only won because of head butts, should have been disqualified and Kessler was over the hill anyway.

Green: Bum.

Bika: Home town decision. And Bika was a bum.

Abraham: Boring fight, Abraham had his prime beaten out of him by Froch anyway.

Froch: Lucky that Froch had an off night. Just pick-pocketed the fight from Froch and did nothing but hold all night. Would get smashed in a rematch in England.

Dawson: Weight drained.

Rodriguez: Bum.

Just thought I'd save mobile the bother of replying.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:48 am

Laugh

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:50 am

What's crazy is, given how good Ward is, he could clean up two divisions and go down an ATG - IF he had the ambition. He just doesn't seem to care tho.....

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:56 am

88Chris05 wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Yeah that cowardly Ward..Who's beaten everybody at 168...and Dawson for good measure..

Stop being silly Moby..

Kessler: Only won because of head butts, should have been disqualified and Kessler was over the hill anyway.

Green: Bum.

Bika: Home town decision. And Bika was a bum.

Abraham: Boring fight, Abraham had his prime beaten out of him by Froch anyway.

Froch: Lucky that Froch had an off night. Just pick-pocketed the fight from Froch and did nothing but hold all night. Would get smashed in a rematch in England.

Dawson: Weight drained.

Rodriguez: Bum.

Just thought I'd save mobile the bother of replying.

Toppy was sticking it to Ward before you stuck up for him...

Now he's laughing with you...

Dignity....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 12:05 pm

Quote me where I'm sticking it to Ward and/or where anything Chris has said contradicts anything I've said??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 12:07 pm

There are worse role models than Chris, Toppy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 12:10 pm

So, as always, that'll be a 'No' then....... laughing

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 12:14 pm

Calm down Son....You had a pop at me for sticking up for Ward because he's American...

Then like usual you're kissing Chris botty bott..

He's taken...But If you come to the Oyster.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 12:18 pm

Except, I'm not.

More tales from the imaginary world of ONETruss........

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 12:24 pm

Let's not argue dear boy...

Good thread by the way...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 14 Aug 2014, 12:59 pm

So is GGG winning the poll?

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by KingMonkey Thu 14 Aug 2014, 1:04 pm

Let's stop all the messing about, it'll be Degale.

KingMonkey

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 14 Aug 2014, 1:16 pm

I hope not

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Thu 14 Aug 2014, 2:58 pm

I agree KingMonkey, DeGale will be next and I think it will be in Notts Forest's ground. Not quite Vegas but the City Ground ticks another box for Froch.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down