The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lendl talks about the split with Murray

3 posters

Go down

Lendl talks about the split with Murray Empty Lendl talks about the split with Murray

Post by lags72 Mon 25 Aug 2014, 9:01 am

Some interesting reflections from Ivan Lendl where he opens up for the first time, very honestly and with unusual detail (for him !), on the true reasons behind his Andy Murray split earlier this year.

Very gracious in his praise of Dani Vallverdu, and his valuable role in the Murray camp. And some thoughts about Amelie Mauresmo too.

As far as another coaching job goes ..... looks like a case of never-say-never for Lendl.

Worth a read
https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/tennis-lendl-opens-murray-split-010532305--ten.html

lags72

Back to top Go down

Lendl talks about the split with Murray Empty Re: Lendl talks about the split with Murray

Post by Danny_1982 Mon 25 Aug 2014, 9:20 am

Very interesting, and as you say suprisingly open. There's clearly still a great deal of affection between them. I especially understand the 'how do we top that?' feeling after the great year they had.

Contrary to some, I feel the Lendl road was the only way for Andy's game to bring home the big titles, and now that he's taken a different road I'm not sure he'll add to it. Time will tell of course.

Today I think will be a tough match for Andy, could go 4 or 5 sets. He hates Armstrong, and struggles no matter who he plays.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Lendl talks about the split with Murray Empty Re: Lendl talks about the split with Murray

Post by The Special Juan Mon 25 Aug 2014, 11:05 am

Great find lags, thanks for that. In the end I suppose it was just an amicable break and fully understandable.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down