The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

QUESTION, why do NZ, AUS, SA, ARGENTIONA ?

+2
Biltong
majesticimperialman
6 posters

Go down

QUESTION, why do NZ, AUS, SA, ARGENTIONA ? Empty QUESTION, why do NZ, AUS, SA, ARGENTIONA ?

Post by majesticimperialman Mon 25 Aug 2014, 3:54 pm

Play each other back to in consecutive weeks?

So far NZ played Australia in Australia and drew 12 all. They then played Australia the following week in NZ.

Why is this?

Surely this is giving Advantage to the home team. They played the week before so they know that they have too up their game this week.

Why don't they NZ, play Aust one week then play SA the following week? Surely this would make a better (fairer) competion all round?

Which ever team you played in the first round, you then play again in the last round.

Would it not be better?

Or am i misguided on this?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

QUESTION, why do NZ, AUS, SA, ARGENTIONA ? Empty Re: QUESTION, why do NZ, AUS, SA, ARGENTIONA ?

Post by Biltong Mon 25 Aug 2014, 4:00 pm

The schedule is supposedly the best way to reduce travel
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

QUESTION, why do NZ, AUS, SA, ARGENTIONA ? Empty Re: QUESTION, why do NZ, AUS, SA, ARGENTIONA ?

Post by funnyExiledScot Mon 25 Aug 2014, 4:02 pm

I don't know how the fixtures are drawn, but surely we needed to minimise the chances of NZ getting that record this time around, so decided to draw them away from home to their biggest rivals in the first game. We also organised the conditions to deprive them of an open game. We certainly didn't want them playing Argentina first up on home turf!

funnyExiledScot

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Mon 25 Aug 2014, 4:03 pm

The key is to minimise travel. NZ plays Argentina at home to be followed by SA. This year is especially tough on SA as they play in Perth and they're travelling from Argentina instead of SA.

Then NZ plays Argentina away and SA away. There is a week off every two weeks to also minimise travel.

Australia wanted every game to be at Sydney first up. If NZ were then to play SA at home, or had to play SA away, it would be too much to ask in one week.

I think they could rotate the first games. NZ could play Argentina away and then SA, for example, but the distances are too great to mix up the two week blocks.

Personally, as it stands, NZ is most favoured by minimising the travel. SA and Argentina are penalised the most but SA already know this with the S15.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Mon 25 Aug 2014, 4:03 pm

It also creates drama and interest. Aus's 12 all created a real buzz in NZ, and a bit in Aus too.

It's why the NH teams have started playing series instead of one off games, all based on american studies I beleive, and implimented in american sports.

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Wed 27 Aug 2014, 10:31 am

Fans asked for series and it makes sense with NH teams travel down south to countries far apart. I also makes some sense to some degree to play one offs with SH teams traveling north to countries close together - though I'm not a fan of it.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Wed 27 Aug 2014, 2:07 pm

nganboy wrote:Fans asked for series and it makes sense with NH teams travel down south to countries far apart. I also makes some sense to some degree to play one offs with SH teams traveling north to countries close together - though I'm not a fan of it.

Its odd, I prefer the one off's because I get to see more top teams play each other on a regularl basis, but I see how fans of top tier nations prefer series as it's a better test of comparisons, and creates a drama.

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Wed 27 Aug 2014, 3:12 pm

I like test series as well.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by nganboy Tue 02 Sep 2014, 12:16 pm

I don't like to see us play so many teams so often. I'd much prefer to play only 3/4 countries in one year. Playing SA, Aus and now Arg so often is just too much for me - even though I enjoy the games. I would be happy skip one of those countries every year. Eg Tour SA one year and host a tour of Arg and skip Aus. Then change it around next year. I like they way the NH countries are touring us now and would like to do it in reverse.
Ireland tour NZ 3 tests
NZ tour SA 3 tests
Arg tour NZ 3 tests
NZ tour Wales tests
England tour NZ 3 tests
NZ tour Aus 3 tests
SA tour NZ 3 tests
NZ tour France 3 tests

Anyway something like that though prob have to make space for some one offs against 2nd tier nations like Japan, USA, Italy etc. But I like the idea of having not played some country for a couple of years.
nganboy
nganboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down