The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lendl To Coach Berdych?

5 posters

Go down

Lendl To Coach Berdych? Empty Lendl To Coach Berdych?

Post by hawkeye Fri 05 Sep 2014, 4:40 pm

This is interesting...

Tomas Berdych thinks it is only a matter of “the right time and timing” before his fellow Czech Ivan Lendl, who walked out on Andy Murray in March, will agree to be his new coach.

The news will come as a shock to Murray when he lands in the UK after losing to Novak Djokovic in the quarter-finals of the US Open. The break-up with Lendl, who helped Murray to win two slams and an Olympic gold medal, was bitter and swift While it has never been confirmed that he also thought he deserved a substantial pay rise after their successful two years together – citing family commitments as the main reason for quitting – money is thought to have played at least a small part in his decision.

Berdych went out of this US Open when Marin Cilic – who put him out of Wimbledon in the third round – beat him for the fourth time in nine matches, 6-2, 6-4, 7-6 in two hours and 12 minutes in the third quarter-final on Thursday.

He said later about the possibility of hiring Lendl: “It’s something which I was thinking about, definitely.” Berdych, who is friendly with Murray, added: “I think [it] just needs probably the right time and timing to make it happen. Let’s see.”

Murray was not available for comment – which might be as well.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2014/sep/05/ivan-lendl-coach-tomas-berdych-andy-murray

One of the problems with hiring a celebrity coach is that the hiring and firing lends itself to a little gossip...

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Lendl To Coach Berdych? Empty Re: Lendl To Coach Berdych?

Post by Jahu Fri 05 Sep 2014, 7:15 pm

Yeah Petchey or Fleming mentioned it a few days ago.

Lendl and Magnussen becoming very much wanted for loosing GS virginity to players.
Jahu
Jahu

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView2 Fri 05 Sep 2014, 8:18 pm

Ivan Andy combination made sense, not sure how much Ivan can help big berd achieve a slam.

Is Berdych first of all ready to do the hard work like how Andy put in? if so he can even win slams without the coaching assistance of Ivan.

DirectView2

Back to top Go down

Post by lydian Fri 05 Sep 2014, 8:35 pm

Does Lendl want or even need to prove himself again in coaching, I get the feeling he may be happy out on the golf course than start travelling 365 again.
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Post by Danny_1982 Fri 05 Sep 2014, 11:40 pm

I could see it happening, if Berdych is happy to only have Lendl around for about 20 weeks a year. A lot would depend on whether Lendl sees the major winning ability in Berdych.

Some small changes in Murray led to huge results, would that really happen with Berdy? I don't think so personally. He's a bit too one dimensional compared with the players above him.

Danny_1982

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down