The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should Christian return to TNA?

+3
Nakatomi Plaza
Crimey
talkingpoint
7 posters

Go down

Should Christian return to TNA?  Empty Should Christian return to TNA?

Post by talkingpoint Sat 13 Sep 2014, 8:26 am

Apparently Christian has been cleared to wrestle again but WWE hasn't used him and doesn't have any plans for him because they see him as too injury prone nowadays. So this raises the question, should Christian return to TNA?

TNA's lighter schedule may help Christian prolong his career for another few years and he was much loved by TNA fans so would receive a warm reception upon return. Also Christian would be guaranteed to main event and most probably become TNA world champion again.

TNA need to replace some of the stars they've lost this year and as a former TNA and WWE Heavyweight champion Christian would be a good acquisition for the company.

On a related note there are also reports that TNA are reaching out to ADR and apparently have big plans for him should he join TNA! For both Christian and ADR I think being a big fish in a small pond might suit them. There's plenty of talent in TNA and so there's a lot of potential feuds for them and the guarantee of more world titles.

Thoughts?

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Should Christian return to TNA?  Empty Re: Should Christian return to TNA?

Post by Crimey Sat 13 Sep 2014, 10:24 am

I think he's at the age now where he can offer wrestling more behind the scenes than he can on camera. His time to be a star passed the last time about five years ago and for the last one or two years he's been working at a level far below his best, due to a combination of injuries, age and a real lack of creativity behind him.

Unfortunately I think that this has meant that he has lost a lot of his value as an on-screen character both for WWE and for TNA. I don't think him going back to TNA will provide much for TNA other than another elder star on high wages and for Christian TNA no longer serves the platform of turning him into somebody that can main event shows. It's not really a beneficial situation for either party.

Behind the scenes though Christian could be invaluable because of his experience and talent and if he can pass that to people in NXT while perhaps wrestling the odd match there it would be fantastic for the next generation of wrestlers.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Sat 13 Sep 2014, 3:52 pm

The problem with Christian going to TNA at this stage is it would reinforce many people's opinion of TNA as being a retirement home for wrestlers. When he joined TNA back in 2006, many people thought he was underutilized by WWE. To be honest I don't think Christian was that great a champion for TNA

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 13 Sep 2014, 6:13 pm

I think Christian is still viewed quite highly by a lot of the IWC and still feel WWE underutilized him, so going back to TNA could be seen as the exact opposite of retirement home, especially if TNA can build it up well. They couldnt do the cryptic promo route, as advertising a Christian return well in advance would draw more than a hidden reveal.

Del Rio arguably hasnt hit his prime yet, TNA could use him well. I would try and do the Rich Mexican Aristocrat better than WWE did. Almost make him a Mexican Million Dollar Man.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 14 Sep 2014, 1:06 am

It all depends on Christian's priorities, he may retire rather than leaving WWE again? But if he wants to continue being on an active roster then I think he could have more (relative) success in TNA.

Using the Rich Aristocrat gimmick for ADR would be difficult to do better than WWE on TNA's budget. I heard TNA were interested in signing luchadors from Mexico, so maybe ADR could bring them in with them and take on Storm to try and stop his redneck revolution? Could build up to Lockdown and be team Storm vs team ADR?

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 14 Sep 2014, 10:33 am

He would be quite a good GM i recon who can wrestle the odd match here and there.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDeath Mon 15 Sep 2014, 10:55 am

NickisBHAFC wrote:He would be quite a good GM i recon who can wrestle the odd match here and there.

Like MVP?

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Mon 15 Sep 2014, 1:18 pm

Think I'd rather see Christian York return... Wink
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down