The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leinster v Blues

+6
asoreleftshoulder
Golden
Cardiff Dave
BlueNote
XR
the-goon
10 posters

Go down

Leinster v Blues Empty Leinster v Blues

Post by the-goon Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:41 pm

Leinster team named for tmorrow's game:

Leinster v Cardiff Blues, RDS, 26 September 2014 (KO 7.35pm)

15. Rob Kearney
14. Fergus McFadden
13. Gordon D'Arcy
12. Ian Madigan
11. Darragh Fanning
10. Jimmy Gopperth
9. Eoin Reddan
1. Michael Bent
2. Sean Cronin
3. Marty Moore
4. Devin Toner
5. Kane Douglas
6. Rhys Ruddock
7. Dominic Ryan
8. Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN

Replacements

16. Bryan Byrne
17. Ed Byrne
18. Tadhg Furlong
19. Mike McCarthy
20. Jack Conan
21. Luke McGrath
22. Steve Crosbie
23. Mick McGrath

Any news on the Blues' team?

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Leinster v Blues Empty Re: Leinster v Blues

Post by XR Thu 25 Sep 2014, 12:58 pm

From our website:

Hooker Kristian Dacey will make his 50th appearance and wing George Watkins his debut as Cardiff Blues face Leinster Rugby at the RDS in the Guinness PRO12 on Friday night (kick-off 7.35pm).

Milestone man Dacey is one of seven changes made by Director of Rugby Mark Hammett as Blues look for a return to winning ways at the home of the reigning league champions in Dublin.

Wales international prop Gethin Jenkins will make his first league appearance of the season alongside Dacey in the front row.

Two further call-ups in the pack see lock Chris Dicomidis set for his first start of the campaign while flanker Sam Warburton returns in the back row. Josh Navidi moves to Number Eight and will captain the team.

Centres Cory Allen and Dafydd Hewitt are both named in the starting line-up while winger Watkins is rewarded for his stunning recent form for Cardiff RFC, where he has scored five tries in two games, with a start out wide.

A powerful bench includes hooker Matthew Rees, back row Manoa Vosawai and scrum half Tavis Knoyle who could also make his league debut for Blues. Lock Filo Paulo and centre Gavin Evans both miss the game through injury.

"Leinster are the champions for a reason and they have an extremely strong side and very powerful squad," said Hammett.

"We are all certainly looking forward to the challenge that we will face over in Dublin. The atmosphere will be big over there and we got have to be ready for that.

"We are working exceptionally hard every week in training to improve and I felt our attack was much better last week against Ulster.

"But we are not finishing our chances when they are there, and we certainly created some good opportunities and drew penalties last week. We now need to get across the line and show that clinical edge against a well drilled and talented Leinster side."

Cardiff Blues: 15 Rhys Patchell, 14 Alex Cuthbert, 13 Cory Allen, 12 Dafydd Hewitt, 11 George Watkins, 10 Gareth Davies, 9 Lewis Jones; 1 Gethin Jenkins, 2 Kristian Dacey, 3 Adam Jones, 4 Jarrad Hoeata, 5 Chris Dicomidis, 6 Josh Turnbull, 7 Sam Warburton, 8 Josh Navidi (c)

Replacements: 16 Matthew Rees, 17 Sam Hobbs, 18 Taufa'ao Filise, 19 Macauley Cook, 20 Manoa Vosawai, 21Tavis Knoyle, 22 Adam Thomas, 23 Dan Fish

XR

Back to top Go down

Post by the-goon Thu 25 Sep 2014, 1:57 pm

That is a good blues team, and Leinster are not putting out their best team. This could be a lot closer than expected.

the-goon

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueNote Thu 25 Sep 2014, 2:16 pm

Wish I'd been able to stay out in Dublin long enough to go to this. I can only see one result, mind.

BlueNote

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Sep 2014, 8:55 pm

I like that Blues team but they must be desperate for a Anscombe if they keep playing Patchell at 15, either that or they dont have faith in Dan Fish.

Josh Navidi at 8? Could work, but naturally hes an openside, but thats a decent backrow if theyre on form.

Nice to see George Watkins get a start, hes in try scoring form and I haven't seen him play yet, same with Tavis Knoyle - anyone know how hes been playing since leaving Glaws?

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Thu 25 Sep 2014, 9:14 pm

IronMike wrote:I like that Blues team but they must be desperate for a Anscombe if they keep playing Patchell at 15, either that or they dont have faith in Dan Fish.

Josh Navidi at 8? Could work, but naturally hes an openside, but thats a decent backrow if theyre on form.

Nice to see George Watkins get a start, hes in try scoring form and I haven't seen him play yet, same with Tavis Knoyle - anyone know how hes been playing since leaving Glaws?

I don't. Got Tim Wales etched all over it like an irritating rash. This Anscombe bloke isn't yur yet and when he does arrive, let him earn his spurs I say. Patchell should be our 10 for now and he's been raved about as being the future dogs, so why move him to 15 now? Winds me up. Anyway, good to see Dave Lee and our very own George get a look in mind ewe.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Golden Thu 25 Sep 2014, 11:34 pm

Are both Jack McGrath and Healy injured?

Golden

Back to top Go down

Post by asoreleftshoulder Fri 26 Sep 2014, 8:47 am

McGrath has a niggle and should be back next week.Healy is gone until Christmas maybe longer if the rumours are correct.

asoreleftshoulder

Back to top Go down

Post by Coleman Fri 26 Sep 2014, 9:44 am

Really excited to see Watkins. Unsure about Navidi at 8. I don't doubt his commitment or courage but he is one of the lightest forward in the league. He played all of his rugby in NZ at 8. So hopefully he'll be solid. We should be strong at the breakdown with him and Sam on the park.

Coleman

Back to top Go down

Post by LeinsterFan4life Fri 26 Sep 2014, 8:49 pm

Mick McGrath looks to be quite a find.

LeinsterFan4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Rory_Gallagher Sat 27 Sep 2014, 12:02 am

Rhys Ruddock is in some form.

Rory_Gallagher

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Sat 27 Sep 2014, 3:54 pm

Did Navidi really play at 8? The Blues signed Ieuan Jones from us (Dragons) he's a natural 8 is he injured?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 27 Sep 2014, 8:39 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:Did Navidi really play at 8?  The Blues signed Ieuan Jones from us (Dragons) he's a natural 8 is he injured?

On the bench for the 2nds;

http://www.cardiffrfc.com/Match/Report/223221

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down