The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales are off my radar

5 posters

Go down

Wales are off my radar Empty Wales are off my radar

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 26 Sep 2014, 12:45 pm

Nothing personal Welsh fans. With a Lions tour and no June or November internationals for a couple of seasons against NZ and with Wales falling off in this year's 6N (admittedly it's difficult to win 3 6n in a row!), I must admit that I haven't been following Wales as closely in other years.

With the Pool of Death next year, I also get the feeling Wales are slipping in under the radar. Lots of threads focused on England at the moment and Guscott's article predicting a Wales exit didn't seem to gather much in the way of protest from Welsh posters. I suspect they like this underdog tag and the spotlight being put on England and Australia.

There is an impressive core of players with experience and game-turning potential. The last match against SA reminded me of the RWC game in 2011. Wales are not to be treated lightly and I am nervous that Wales is our last match of the season: it has an ambush feel about it though the Irish may well have done us a favour in terms of preparation.

So a call to the Welsh posters please. What can NZ expect in November? NZ fans are familiar with the dangerous wingers, locks, centre and backrow partnerships but what about the halves and props? Will the changing of the guard be complete up front or will remnants remain like Mealamu and Woodcock for NZ?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Wales are off my radar Empty Re: Wales are off my radar

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 26 Sep 2014, 12:55 pm

We do like the under dog tag but out poor record against the SH speaks for itself. Yes we have been close in a lot of those games but close ins't going to win anything.

We do in the most have a strong settled squad but that squad and the way we play (no plan B) is well known to all now and the big teams know how to stop our plan A.

I don't think we will get near you in the AIs but we simply just have to beat either Aus or SA for me its as simple as that.

If we can beat one or both of them then I will have a bit more hope of getting out of the group in the WC.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by rainbow-warrior Fri 26 Sep 2014, 2:17 pm

The AB's have had some tricky moments this season, ball handling in the wet has revealed some poor control. I am interested to see how they fare in Argentina & S Africa.

Stability in Wales seems ok now with WRU et al coming to settlements which will be good for the players. Some injuries to star players but with a bit of luck they will be all good by the AI's.

The hoodoo since 1953 will come to an end at some stage and I am always optimistic that it will always be the next game. We have a run up to this test with games against Ausie and Fije so preparations are very much perfect.

No reason to think we are going to lose before getting on the turf that is the age old sad pathetic belief of some supporters. If we do lose I hope it is within 3 - 6 points but Wales to win by 7 Smile
rainbow-warrior
rainbow-warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 26 Sep 2014, 2:40 pm

What are those injuries to star players rainbow? Any predictions for the team in November?

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:16 pm

Rainbow,

What star players are injured, its news to me of any being injued as yet?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:19 pm

1/2p?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:24 pm

Isn't he back playing now, though I heard he ahd made a 'miraculous' recovery after all that fuss last week. We have Liam Williams to cover XV so whilst it would be a blow its not insummountable.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:27 pm

Hopefully, but 1/2p has been a very consistant player for you guys for the last few years (particularly in a back line whose form seems to go up and down a lot) and a lot of those 'close' results would have been a lot worse if not for his boot.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 26 Sep 2014, 3:33 pm

lost,

Don't get me wrong if he's fit I would pick him everytime but I also like Williams' different style, a style I think we may need as he's more of an attacking threat.

Doubt if it will happen but at some stage before the WC I would like to see a backline of North/Cuthbert Williams at XV and Halfpenny on the other wing.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 26 Sep 2014, 4:11 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:lost,

Don't get me wrong if he's fit I would pick him everytime but I also like Williams' different style, a style I think we may need as he's more of an attacking threat.

Doubt if it will happen but at some stage before the WC I would like to see a backline of North/Cuthbert Williams at XV and Halfpenny on the other wing.

From the outside I'd agree. His commitment is faultless and he is a fantastic kicker but I think hes a better winger than fullback, as well as offering a contrast to the standard heavyweight wing options

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 26 Sep 2014, 4:41 pm

Gatland (hopefully) must have realised by now that we need a plan B, if that's the case then we have a few alternatives to the bosh bosh bosh I just hope we get to see some of them ahead of the WC.

We have Cory Allen at centre who offers omething different to Roberts

Then we have the like of Halfpenny and Walker to put on the wing instead maybe of North or Cuthbert.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Fri 26 Sep 2014, 9:44 pm

Bedford, I would go into this autumn series with Williams and Allen in the centre. How often do you hear that Roberts and Davies have been pulling up trees in France? They're barely involved when I watch the highlights, at least our players in England see the ball. May as well leave out all France based players.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Fri 26 Sep 2014, 10:39 pm

The Saint wrote:Bedford, I would go into this autumn series with Williams and Allen in the centre. How often do you hear that Roberts and Davies have been pulling up trees in France? They're barely involved when I watch the highlights, at least our players in England see the ball. May as well leave out all France based players.

I wouldn't be upset at all if Roberts was left out but I am huge Davies fan and think he has so much class and is often not given the credit he deserves.  I would be happy with him and Sc Williams or as you mentioned Williams and Allen.

Other than Davies and despite me being a hug fan of Lydiate as well I agree about trying out without them as after all we will have to do without them for the Boks game. Davies aside I would like to see the team that is likely to play against the Boks given a run out against the All Blacks as well
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down