The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 Results

3 posters

Go down

Week 4 Results Empty Week 4 Results

Post by GSC Mon 13 Oct 2014, 10:04 am

Getafe:

Palermo:

Getafe 0-2 Palermo
Emenike, Musa.

Felt that the Palermo set-up was perfect for the way that Getafe were set-up and there was only one winner. Getafe went very narrow with ball winners in the middle, but Palermo saw it coming and matched up to them. Getafe went three narrow up top, but Palermo had three at the back to counter this. So it came down to the flanks and with the Getafe wingers playing narrow, it left space for the Palermo wing backs to get forward on to the FBs and really take advantage.

Getafe good points: Ayhan looks a good partner alongside Terry and the wingers are the definite plus point. It was just one of those unlucky weeks where the two formations favoured the opposition.

Getafe bad points: Got plenty of bite and good guile in midfield, but need to add a bit of drive as it was all a bit one paced and pedestrian.

Palermo good points: Whether deliberate or chance, the set-up was perfect to counter and beat what Getafe were trying to achieve. Nice combination up front too.

Palermo bad points: Although it worked this week, not sure Pasquel is cut out to be an effective WB, and against a team set-up less in your favour, you could lack threat on the left hand side
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Week 4 Results Empty Re: Week 4 Results

Post by GSC Mon 13 Oct 2014, 10:06 am

Bordeaux:

Verona:

Bordeaux 1-1 Verona
(Quintero - Sturridge)

A hard game to call as Nando really put a shift in with his tactics and against a lesser team would certainly have come away with a victory. GSCs team though oozes class, I feel a lot revolves around Henderson with GSCs team, very defensive players behind him and with him also having to do a number on Alonso it then restricts them linking up play so fluidly shifting from defence to attack.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 13 Oct 2014, 10:39 am

Granada:

Montpellier:
Granada 1 – 2 Montpellier
(Berardi) (Kagawa, Eto’o)

This match starts out very level with both sides being extremely organised until Eto’o breaks through in the 45 minute to put Montpellier ahead before half time. In the second half Granada start strongly with Berardi managing to get in on goal and he puts the ball in the back of the net. Late on in the match, Kagawa finds some space in the midfield area and bends one in from the edge of the area.

Feedback: A good quality showing from both sides with plenty of talent on show. Montpellier have a really nice set up and I thought it was a brave step leaving Pirlo out of the game considering how much he can influence games but its amazing how much quality they have even without Pirlo. I think that one of the positive things for Granada is having Xavi in midfield behind Berardi as I feel this is what got them the goal today, someone with his passing ability is bound to get assists and that is what happened today. I did like the Granada formation however I feel with the space in between Xavi and Beradi this is where the midfield of Montpellier can make most things happen.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Mon 13 Oct 2014, 12:38 pm

Good game Marky, well done clap I disagree with the result, but then again I would Wink #wewuzrobbed
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Mon 13 Oct 2014, 10:12 pm

I knew I had to try something different to get the win, glad it paid off. Thanks TSJ Ok!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 14 Oct 2014, 9:23 am

Genk vs PAOK 

GSC wrote:
Genk:

PAOK:

Genk 1-1 PAOK 
Welbeck---Valdivia 

PAOK played to get at the Genk midfield who played with 2 in midfield and it worked for most of the game allowing them to control the midfield. Valdivia found space in the middle of the park to drive at the defence scoring a solo. Genk attacking mainly from the right got a goal with Welbeck at the back post to poke past the keeper from an Elia cross. 

Genk Good Point: Barzagli, Toulalan and Ibrahimovic are a good spine to build a side around. 

Genk Bad Point: I feel they need to improve out wide with this formation 

PAOK Good Point: The midfield looks strong and will dominate against others this season. 

PAOK Bad Point: Olly could have got all 3 points if he added to his tactics.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 14 Oct 2014, 9:25 am

Bremen:
Twente:

Bremen 1-1 Twente
(Kiessling) (Balde Diao)
A very close game as I see Bremen having the better attacking options and Twente controlling the midfield. Twente control and dictate the tempo which sees them limit the impact of Bremen's attack, and they take a lead in the first half when Calhanoglu played in Balde Diao to slot past Wolf. However as the game goes on the harder it is for Twente's defence to keep Bremen's attack at bay, even with Carvalho patrolling the back four, Kiessling gets the better of Badstuber and ruthlessly finishes. It's a decent point for Bremen, but I think Twente will see it as points dropped as with a better striker than McCormick upfront they may have earned the win.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down