The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wales trio 'could leave Racing' - BBC

4 posters

Go down

Wales trio 'could leave Racing' - BBC Empty Wales trio 'could leave Racing' - BBC

Post by No9 Tue 14 Oct 2014, 12:28 pm

Not seen anyone pick up on this story..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29610121

BBC wrote:Wales stars Jamie Roberts, Mike Phillips and Dan Lydiate could leave Racing Metro in the coming days, according to reports in France.

Is this due to WRU Contracts... Are they that lucrative that it changes the reasons why these players said they where off to French sides in the first place. I remember all the hype about them wanting to play competitive European Rugby, etc, etc... If their return is down to the WRU giving them big value central contacts, then they are showing themselves up to be little more than mercenaries. If their return is they aren't cutting it at the French clubs, then are they good enough for WRU contracts.

Seems to be a lot more going on here than indicated in the reports...

Thoughts ?

No9

Back to top Go down

Wales trio 'could leave Racing' - BBC Empty Re: Wales trio 'could leave Racing' - BBC

Post by wayne Tue 14 Oct 2014, 12:40 pm

No9 wrote:Not seen anyone pick up on this story..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/29610121

BBC wrote:Wales stars Jamie Roberts, Mike Phillips and Dan Lydiate could leave Racing Metro in the coming days, according to reports in France.

Is this due to WRU Contracts... Are they that lucrative that it changes the reasons why these players said they where off to French sides in the first place. I remember all the hype about them wanting to play competitive European Rugby, etc, etc... If their return is down to the WRU giving them big value central contacts, then they are showing themselves up to be little more than mercenaries. If their return is they aren't cutting it at the French clubs, then are they good enough for WRU contracts.

Seems to be a lot more going on here than indicated in the reports...

Thoughts ?
It's on the Club board

wayne

Back to top Go down

Wales trio 'could leave Racing' - BBC Empty Re: Wales trio 'could leave Racing' - BBC

Post by No9 Tue 14 Oct 2014, 12:41 pm

Ooops sorry... please ignore me guys..

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by LordDowlais Tue 14 Oct 2014, 1:36 pm

No9 wrote:Ooops sorry... please ignore me guys..

Laugh

No9, you do have a bad habbit of doing this, this time you can ask Notch to merge the threads.

LordDowlais

Back to top Go down

Post by No9 Tue 14 Oct 2014, 1:48 pm

Doh

It gets confusing at times when a topic spans both international and club rugby...

Checked out the Club thread, and dont think there a need to merge.. I was going to post my opening points in the Club Thread discussion, but that discussion's moved on to not sure my comments add any value (dare say some will say none of my comments add value Erm )

No9

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 14 Oct 2014, 1:55 pm

No9, I have to admit I find what board what topic goes on pretty confusing. During the whole RRW/WRU spat, the CCs/DCs, etc I was finding myself double checking both boards to make sure I was posting stuff on the right threads.

Here is the thread on the club board

https://www.606v2.com/t56024-lydiate-roberts-and-philips-could-leave-racing-in-the-next-few-days

I'll lock this thread so it doesn't pick up anymore posts if that's ok guys, save any confusion.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down