The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Recent Rumours

+8
Samo
Kay Fabe
crippledtart
Enforcer
NickisBHAFC
The_Enigma
Crimey
Dolphin Ziggler
12 posters

Go down

Recent Rumours Empty Recent Rumours

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 19 Oct 2014, 5:30 pm

Tis a little quiet on here so I thought I'd put this up to see if there is discussion in it.

• The Dudleys and WWE have shown mutual interest in bringing the tag team back to the company. It is likely they'll go NJPW first, but could be set for talks with WWE.

• Randy Orton and John Cena is currently likely to be last on the card at Hell in a Cell.

• The Ascension now have WWE action figures made of them and are expected to be called up extremely soon for the main shows.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Recent Rumours Empty Re: Recent Rumours

Post by Crimey Sun 19 Oct 2014, 5:47 pm

Dudleys might be decent for one last run ala New Age Outlaws and then drop down and help train people in NXT. Bully Ray definitely could help with promos and both with tag team wrestling.

That's a ridiculous decision considering that it's the "losers match". Think that would be very out of touch with the fan base if they do do that.

Not surprising, rumours are they are going to be paired with Bray Wyatt now Harper and Rowan have been "set free".

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Enigma Sun 19 Oct 2014, 8:10 pm

Wow, I must be really out of touch here! So Harper/Rowan have now slit from The Wyatt Family? I hope creative are planning to keep them together because if not then that's what's wrong with mainstream tag team wrestling. If you look through the recent title changes it would be a real shame to see The Wyatt Family move on without even holding the titles. They had some incredible matches with The Uso's coming off the back of this past year. Plus who wouldn't want to see The family square of against The Dudleys, potential for some not so PG hardcore/brawling matches

The_Enigma

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 19 Oct 2014, 10:29 pm

Apparently both are set for a singles run. Interesting to see how that works. I don't really get why they need to be set free to have a singles run either, seems perfect for the gimmick to remain in place but Wyatt to push them towards solo goals

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Sun 19 Oct 2014, 10:59 pm

Orton vs Cena on last? Give me strength.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 20 Oct 2014, 12:47 pm

Cena Orton on last would prove that WWE have learnt nothing about what their audience wants to see in the last year.

I know there is a shortage of top talent at this ppv, but to pair them together again already smacks of desperation. To then decide to make them the main event shows how bad things are.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by crippledtart Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:16 pm

I don't think it'll go on last. They are smart enough to realise the audience would defecate on it in that spot.

crippledtart

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:31 pm

The bit of me that loves things going badly quite wants the match to be put on last. It would be very interesting to see it unfold - in a car crash type of way.

As for the other points, I think The Dudleys would be good for a short run a la The New Age Outlaws leading to a HoF induction. Though Bully Ray would probably shoot during his induction speech and announce he is going to a different company.

I think splitting Harper & Rowan before bringing The Ascencion up to the main roster shows the attitude WWE have towards the tag division at the moment. To me it appears that they believe they have 'enough' tag teams as it is so don't want to add to it - a one in one out type of system.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 20 Oct 2014, 1:55 pm

I'm not really fussed about the loss of Harper and Rowan from the Tag Team division, I've never really considered them a Tag Team anyway, just an extension of the Wyatt Family, you stand side by side with family, so without that connection they have no need to be paired up, from what we were told they where both individuals before turning to Wyatt so for me it makes sense that they'll leave as individuals now that Bray has "healed" them

The Dudley's would be a good fit into the WWE, it would put focus onto that Division without even trying to, I also think it would be a far grander and more successful run than the Outlaws last run, that all felt very forced and watered down and I genuinely don't think their involvement at that stage was positive or actually progressed anything.

Cena/Orton - I'd be amazed if these two main evented the show, this is an opportunity to really highlight two up and comers, a glorified B-PPV, no Title at stake and the fact that Cena/Orton has no real story going into this means that it'd be a no-brainer to give Rollins and Ambrose that spot, I'd imagine this rumour might just be put out there by the WWE themselves to gauge public opinion which will probably confirm their own belief, that Cena/Orton won't Main Event

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 20 Oct 2014, 2:21 pm

Enforcer wrote:Cena Orton on last would prove that WWE have learnt nothing about what their audience wants to see in the last year.

Fun fact. Orton vs Cena at HiaC will be the first time in history two guys have had 2 seperate one on one Hell in a Cell matches.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 21 Oct 2014, 10:08 pm

I think, judging by the recent hype videos, that Harper and Rowan will still be in the Wyatt Family.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Wed 22 Oct 2014, 12:29 am

Shot 21 LCFC wrote:I think, judging by the recent hype videos, that Harper and Rowan will still be in the Wyatt Family.

Did you watch the videos?

Headscratch

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 22 Oct 2014, 7:54 am

In defence of the possibility of Orton v Cena being last on the card at HIAC, it is a match to determine the number one contender to the World Championship, on a show where the Champion isn't even there. Logic suggests it would be the main event, even if it was the "losers" match.

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 22 Oct 2014, 9:52 am

You can't suddenly apply logic to a match thats stipulation is based on a complete lack of logic

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Marky Wed 22 Oct 2014, 9:55 am

You're right, I apologise!

Marky

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 22 Oct 2014, 9:58 am

I'm not saying they won't do that, I just think it'd be a bit hypocritical if they expected us to use logic to justify it closing the show when the very lack of it is the reason the stipulation is added in the first place

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Sat 25 Oct 2014, 1:57 pm

Crimey wrote:
Shot 21 LCFC wrote:I think, judging by the recent hype videos, that Harper and Rowan will still be in the Wyatt Family.

Did you watch the videos?

Headscratch

Yes. Unless Im completely missing something, it suggests that whilst they will be getting their own seperate pushes, they will still be in the Wyatt Family under Bray. Am I being thick?

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Sat 25 Oct 2014, 2:00 pm

I assumed that when Bray said "Set them free" he was meaning set them free by indoctrinating them. But there are aspects of the video that say they'll branching out. Its a weird one, but im looking forward to see where it goes.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDeath Mon 27 Oct 2014, 10:03 am

I agree with Shot

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 27 Oct 2014, 11:40 am

Well to be fair I've seen the videos with the context that almost all the inside knowledge says that they are splitting.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Unbeliever Mon 27 Oct 2014, 5:27 pm

I would prefer them to move away from Bray - I think it was all becoming a little repetitive and stale and it will freshen all 3 up. I'd like to see Harper & Rowan stick together, though, to help make the tag team division more competitive before they go there separate ways.

Unbeliever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down