The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WWE Hell in a cell Results - Spoilers Ahead

+7
Fernando
Samo
liverbnz
Shot 21 LCFC
DrDeath
NickisBHAFC
Unbeliever
11 posters

Go down

WWE Hell in a cell Results - Spoilers Ahead  Empty WWE Hell in a cell Results - Spoilers Ahead

Post by Fernando Mon 27 Oct 2014, 3:00 am

Dolph Ziggler def Cesaro - 2-0 to retain IC Title
Nikki Bella def Brie Bella
Gold & Stardust def The Usos to retain Tag Titles
John Cena def Randy Orton to become No.1 Contender
Sheamus def Miz to retain US Title
Rusev def Big Show by Submission
AJ def Paige by Submission
Seth Rollins def Dean Ambrose in Hell In A Cell

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

WWE Hell in a cell Results - Spoilers Ahead  Empty Re: WWE Hell in a cell Results - Spoilers Ahead

Post by Unbeliever Mon 27 Oct 2014, 11:48 am

I thought it was a solid PPV and that Ziggler-Cesaro got it off to a great start.

Bella's, Sheamus/Miz, AJ/Paige and Rusev/Big Show were all very predictable - it was just like watching an episode of Raw rather than a PPV.

Tag match was good but we really need Ascension or another team or 2 to breathe some new live into this and this fued is surely coming to the end of it's life.

I thought I'd hate Cena/Orton as we've seen it so often but really enjoyed it. Orton is just getting better all the time. No Brock did take something away from it and the PPV for my money, though.

Highlight for me was clearly Rollins & Ambrose. Ambrose was simply brilliant and I think Rollins getting the win was the right result. Both will come out stronger for this.

Looks likes the following is where it's going next:
Cena - Brock
Ambrose - Bray
Rollins - Orton

Unbeliever

Back to top Go down

WWE Hell in a cell Results - Spoilers Ahead  Empty Re: WWE Hell in a cell Results - Spoilers Ahead

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 27 Oct 2014, 3:54 pm

Whilst it was a good PPV, there was a lot of little things, WWE could of done to make the PPV better and make booking more logical. 

Opening match. Great opening to the show, 2 fantastic wrestlers who arguably could be doing much better. Dolph winning 2-0 was fine, but the match itself could of lasted 5/10 minutes longer. Same with the tag team championship match.

Bella vs Bella, better than expected. Same with AJ vs Paige. 

Sheamus vs Miz was fine and the YMCA with Sandow was brilliant. Sandow is one of the best people on TV.

Big Show vs Rusev was okay. No real complaints, interesting to see where they go, could do a team Rusev vs Team USA at Survivor Series. USA could be people Rusev has faced, Big Show, Henry, Big E, Swagger and R Truth.

Cena vs Orton. Great match, but its been done to the maximum. Orton should of won as well. 

Ambrose vs Rollins. Class. Ambrose was superb. The thing i would of one though, is had Ambrose win, get his retribution end of feud, and had Wyatt attack Ambrose after the match. That being said i am looking forward to a Wyatt vs Ambrose feud.

So Survivor Series could be

Rollins vs Orton
Wyatt vs Ambrose
Cena vs Lesnar - Mind you can still see that match being held at the Rumble.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by DrDeath Mon 27 Oct 2014, 4:20 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:
Big Show vs Rusev was okay. No real complaints, interesting to see where they go, could do a team Rusev vs Team USA at Survivor Series. USA could be people Rusev has faced, Big Show, Henry, Big E, Swagger and R Truth.

I like this idea but who would side with Rusev - the majority of the roster are Americans

Rusev
Justin Gabriel
Los Matadores
Sheamus
Adam Rose

DrDeath

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Mon 27 Oct 2014, 5:39 pm

Ambrose-Rollins stole the show, and Im so glad it went on last. The only bad thing about that match was before the big bump on the tables the camera angle totally revealed the tables had been cleared, so you knew right away they were both going down.

Other than that, a solid show. I was pishing myself at Sandow again, the guy is brilliant. Gutted Orton lost, but that was a heck of a match.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon 27 Oct 2014, 5:43 pm

To be fair to Cena and Orton, they wrestled a very good match and actually did a lot of favours to the two younger guys by giving them freedom to do a more spot heavy contest. Cena and Orton wrestled more pure, and there's no way thats because they couldnt do what the other two did.

What it proves is that fresh talent makes things more exciting. If Ambrose and Rollins wrestle the same match Cena and Orton did then it would be getting more rave reviews. Staleness ruins the concept

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Tue 28 Oct 2014, 1:04 am

I knew Wyatt would get involved. Was hoping Ambrose would win but this sets up the rivalry I've been wanting for a while now. Bray v Dean will be awesome!

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 28 Oct 2014, 8:45 am

Good wrestling match to start off the show and it was nice to see a clean sweep to change things up a little. Still, couldn't care less about the Intercontinental title.

The tag match and Sheamus/Miz was solid with Mizdow being the standout.

Cena/Orton was very enjoyable. I'm not a massive fan of the finshers being kicked out of end seqence but it worked well here I think. It' s a shame Cena won as Orton/Lesnar would have been fresh with Lesnar easily playing the face in that scenario. Since SummerSlam Cena has been booked stronger than anyone on the roster - even the champion. This makes me sad.

Also, during this match the commentary team stunk the place out, with Michael Cole at the forefront (inverted RKO, wtf Michael?). He is truely the worst play-by-play in WWE history, but we're stuck with him.

Rusev/Big Show was poor although the crowd was hot and I like the story even though the heel/face booking is off kilter.

Rollins/Ambrose main evented which kept the IWC at bay. I didn't enjoy the start or the end. The start was slow and overbooked, and the ending made no sense, yet again. This fued deserved a proper ending, and HIAC is the place to do that. Having someone interfere defeats the purpose of the cell. And where does Bray fit in here? What's his reason? He'll ramble on for 20 minutes tomorrow (edit: last night even!) on RAW about I'm sure - and we'll be none the wiser.

The match itself though was very good, both played their roles really well, Ambrose desperate for revenge and Rollins sold like a champion for him. They both showed that they deserved their main event spot in spite of the dodgy booking ghere and there that's held them back.

Didn't watch either woman's match as I'm a sexist pig Smile

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Samo Tue 28 Oct 2014, 12:08 pm

I'd have rather seen Ambrose win clean and Wyatt come out afterwards instead of a screwy finish.

Samo

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Tue 28 Oct 2014, 12:13 pm

I think most would of Samo but obviously like Cena vs Orton this is going to linger over the next few years so to give Ambrose to win now and close the book on it isn't going to happen just yet anyway.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Tue 28 Oct 2014, 3:11 pm

Samo wrote:I'd have rather seen Ambrose win clean and Wyatt come out afterwards instead of a screwy finish.

Yep so simple, yet so foreign to the WWE also. I'd be happy with either winning tbh, but Ambrose is probably the right call at this stage of the fued. Interference after also keeps up the integrity of the cell matches but sure WWE is what it is these days.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 28 Oct 2014, 3:20 pm

I actually disagree.

If you have Ambrose going over clean, then suddenly you have the champ in waiting losing.

This way, they can carry on with momentum and revisit the feud later down the line.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Prometheus Tue 28 Oct 2014, 4:15 pm

I disagree with your disagreement.

How I see it is that there are traditionally PPVs that start chapters of stories, e.g. MitB and Royal Rumble. And those that end chapters of stories, e.g. Wrestlemania and HiaC.

If WWE can't get its long term booking in place to do this then I think it will be to the detriment of their overall narrative, with everything starting to feel very much the same.

While I get your point. I think WWE faces bigger loses, by a non-ending. E.g. why should I buy into the next feud if it is to get a hokey pay-off?

As a viewer it feels to me that WWE neither has the confidence to promote their newer talents and let the fly (which may be right as they've still only been in the WWE game around a year). But, nor does it have the subtlety to protect them while delivering a highly valuable product.
Prometheus
Prometheus

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Tue 28 Oct 2014, 4:15 pm

I agree with Adam - Long term Ambrose has to get his revenge and to do so at HIAC would weaken Rollins

Introducing Wyatt means Ambrose and Rollins can reignite the feud at a later date perhaps when the title is involved after Rollins cashes in

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 28 Oct 2014, 5:19 pm

I agree with Adam, so i'm now going to shower as I feel dirty and stupid

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down