The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lanka in India

5 posters

Go down

Lanka in India Empty Lanka in India

Post by KP_fan Sat 01 Nov 2014, 7:27 pm

--a meaningless masala series.......could have been well utilized If India picked a team to give chance to   the ones who are genuine potential but not been tested much...like uthappa, KL Rahul, Aaron, Samson, Naman Ojha

--any way expect a BIG BANG and disruptions in the series   ...Mudgal comittee report will be out any day in the next 10 days or so...
6 international players ( of whihc about 3 were in the Indian team that went to Eng.... (and all suspected from CSK), and 3 FC players and 4 officials( including a father in law and son in law) are under investigation for match fixing

--the son in law is confirmed nailed, voice samples forensically matched with fixing tapes.....
and it's also being widely reported a " the biggest star player"  is in deep mess....for protecting and corroborating with S.I.L
and that the wife of star player was on phone with the bookie fixing for the S.I.L

--so an already meaningless series might turn into a sideshow when the report is out
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Lanka in India Empty Re: Lanka in India

Post by Mad for Chelsea Sat 01 Nov 2014, 7:31 pm

I like the phrase "meaningless massala", I may have to nick that one Very Happy

fairly pointless excercise one this, India-SL in ODIs must be the most overplayed international fixture.

I don't really have much to add to the thread, just enjoyed the "meaningless massala" phrase, so thought I'd comment, even if said comment serves no purpose whatsoever - much like this series in fact...

Mad for Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 01 Nov 2014, 7:46 pm

Yip, hopeless series. Must also state that Masala has found its way into native South African lexicon, which is pretty cool. Didn't know it was originally a subcontinental phrase until a few years ago.

Anyway, a little disappointed with this series, would have watched Kumar Sangakarra live at the local T20 competition tomorrow, and now I can't. Chances of seeing him live are growing ever smaller. Dammit.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 02 Nov 2014, 8:10 am

India's batting line up looks so flaky today

there is no reason to play saha as a WK ahead of Samson or Naman ojha...except to calm the insecurities of Dhoni
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 02 Nov 2014, 10:41 am

Rahane and Dhawan dominating thr Lankans. 225-0 off 34 overs. 

Both have brought up their 100s. 

Lankans paying for Sangakkara dropping both batsman.

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Sun 02 Nov 2014, 5:02 pm

dunno why Matthew says they are inexperienced.....they have a pretty experienced side with dilshan, mahela, sanga, mathews, and about 9 known names.

Aaron bowled as quick as 152.1 kph today, before injuring his thigh muscle
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Mon 03 Nov 2014, 9:17 am

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/cricketnext/kl-rahul-expected-in-indian-test-squad-for-australia/510246-78.html

KL Rahul stands to be picked for the tour to Aus.....many of us thought he should have gone to Eng instead of Gambhir
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:44 am

Kohli has been refreshing in the absence of Dhoni.....more attacking throttling / choking the opponents both while batting and especially when bowling.....instead of sitting in...waiting for the last 10 overs
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Fri 07 Nov 2014, 1:25 pm

Haven't followed much of the series, but doesn't seem Lanka haven't up for this quickly arranged one. And the other good thing is that the Indian seamers have done better than expected, and young Akshar Patel seems to be finding some early success at the top with the ball.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri 07 Nov 2014, 1:36 pm

msp83 wrote:Haven't followed much of the series, but doesn't seem Lanka haven't up for this quickly arranged one. And the other good thing is that the Indian seamers have done better than expected, and young Akshar Patel seems to be finding some early success at the top with the ball.

same seamers...same pool of talent availbale.....same Rayadu not deemed fit by Dhoni recently for big strokes......and much more comprehensive results

what's diffrent?....more refreshingly aggressive captaincy from Kohli...who is not perpetually waiting for the last 5 overs the match and in restrictive / drift mode rest of time.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Fri 07 Nov 2014, 2:07 pm

msp83 wrote:Haven't followed much of the series, but doesn't seem Lanka haven't up for this quickly arranged one. And the other good thing is that the Indian seamers have done better than expected, and young Akshar Patel seems to be finding some early success at the top with the ball.

same seamers...same pool of talent availbale.....same Rayadu not deemed fit by Dhoni recently for big strokes......and much more comprehensive results

what's diffrent?....more refreshingly aggressive captaincy from Kohli...who is not perpetually waiting for the last 5 overs the match and in restrictive / drift mode rest of time.
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down