The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 7 Homepage IV

+8
prop_lyd
LukeLovesLuka
dammit_chris
Fluxy
Ozzy3213
Steven_Sharks
Sgt_Pooly
ChequeredJersey
12 posters

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next

Go down

Season 7 Homepage IV Empty Season 7 Homepage IV

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 04 Nov 2014, 8:39 pm

Season 7 Homepage IV Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Exciting weekend of rugby with two thrilling 24 all draws while Saints unbeaten run came to an end at the Allianz

Season 7 Homepage IV Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2013/2014 – London Wasps
2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers 
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons 
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons 
2009/2010 – Saracens 
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 7 Homepage IV 9Northampton Saints 98012552163928195138
2Season 7 Homepage IV 12Sale Sharks *97022532272629213232
3Season 7 Homepage IV 7Harlequins *      95222542302427222227
4Season 7 Homepage IV 1Bath Rugby *95132422271525231324
5Season 7 Homepage IV 6London Wasps *9513241236524251224
6Season 7 Homepage IV 4Leicester Tigers9504215215018190424
7Season 7 Homepage IV 48Exeter Chiefs *  9342220224-419200221
8Season 7 Homepage IV 11Saracens 9315216233-1720200519
9Season 7 Homepage IV 2Gloucester 9306226233-720210517
10Season 7 Homepage IV 50London Welsh9306215234-1919240416
11Season 7 Homepage IV 8Newcastle Falcons *9117207241-3417220611
12Season 7 Homepage IV 5London Irish9027215247-3019250610

Welcome to Season 7 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (SJE) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (SJE) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 20 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1992. 

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page. Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.
Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.
  • Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the National League Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.
  • Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Open Window

Open transfer window, teams have unlimited bids provided they have the financial resources to cover them.  Teams may only bid for one player at a time.

The window will open from the 9th of June but only to those sides that finish 8th and below at first. They will have a week to make one signing each before the window is open to all.     

Player Releases wrote: 
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the National League Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be European Rugby Champions Cup, European Rugby Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday. Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday. Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday. Failure to meet these deadlines is punishable by the addition of three match points to the oppositions final score, unless both sides fail to do so. Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday. Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 15:00 hours on Sunday. Managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box. 
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

For domestic competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

For European competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 6 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions 
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc upto a maximum of £5m per fine.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (SJE) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation (foreign transfer value) in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by SirJohnnyEnglish on Mon 08 Dec 2014, 11:10 am; edited 5 times in total

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Season 7 Homepage IV Empty Re: Season 7 Homepage IV

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Tue 04 Nov 2014, 8:40 pm

SirJohnnyEnglish wrote:Going to struggle to get predictions in over the next two weeks or so sorry guys. Tables will be let go as well. Will be able to do match threads but correct team sheet formats would be appreciated. 

Income tax deadline coming up over here on Nov 13th so working every hour under the sun at the moment. Will catch up on tables and budgets once its over  thumbsup

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:13 pm

No worries Johnny
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:18 pm

Assuming England will go May and roko as they are the form wings. Would love to see Watson involved. He may be raw defensively when kicked behind  but he has such ability and attacking prowess. He will develop in to a top top player in my opinion. Really like him

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:24 pm

May needs to show something for England as he hasn't so far, it's a big AI series for him

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:30 pm

Mail has this about Yarde so he may have a knock pooly

Gloucester wing May will return to the starting XV despite appearing to fall from favour on the summer tour of New Zealand and being unable to score in seven Test appearances to date. His recall on the left flank comes as Marland Yarde of Harlequins continues to recover from a minor injury which prevented him from training last week.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:33 pm

Good article on why the wings have been picked 
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2819650/England-unleash-wingers-Jonny-Semesa-Rokoduguni-New-Zealand-opener.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:43 pm

"England will seek to generate try-scoring potency"

May hasn't looked close to bagging a try in his 7 caps, odd statement

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue 04 Nov 2014, 9:58 pm

He has looked close then somehow conspired to fail vs Ireland
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Wed 05 Nov 2014, 12:04 am

May scores tries for fun in the AP. Why is it so impossible that he will score at the top level?

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 05 Nov 2014, 6:17 am

I'm not sure what it is with May, he just seems to have taken the wrong final option when in and England shirt.

I like him as a player, but wonder if he will end up being one of those guys who is brilliant for his club but never really makes an impact at international level.

If everyone was fit and on form, my England back three would be 15. Brown 14. Yarde 11. Watson.

Gutted that Irish produced and lost both of those guys, would love to have them back at the MadStad.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 05 Nov 2014, 7:07 am

Steven_Sharks wrote:May scores tries for fun in the AP. Why is it so impossible that he will score at the top level?

I don't know Steve, why can't he score at Int level? He hasn't even looked like scoring tbh

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Fluxy Wed 05 Nov 2014, 9:03 am

Attwood available for Saturday, after his first child was born yesterday. looking forward to him and Lawes partnering up, but I think I would prefer to Launch and Attwood partner

Fluxy
Aviva Premiership Commissioner
Aviva Premiership Commissioner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Nov 2014, 12:02 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:
Steven_Sharks wrote:May scores tries for fun in the AP. Why is it so impossible that he will score at the top level?

I don't know Steve, why can't he score at Int level? He hasn't even looked like scoring tbh
Scores tries for fun in the heino.

We have not created much for him to be fair. Expect more of the same saturday with Barrit in the centres. Hopefully not. But like Lancaster said his work rate helps against NZ kicking game. Would not get that with Yarde or Watson.

I could not rate Watson higher and think he will be a long term option. Yarde very undecided on as he has faults defensively and particularly when kicked to. He needs work. No donuts about him
Ball in hand though

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 05 Nov 2014, 12:09 pm

anonmattyt wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:

We have not created much for him to be fair. Expect more of the same saturday with Barrit in the centres. Hopefully not. But like Lancaster said his work rate helps against NZ kicking game. Would not get that with Yarde or Watson.

I could not rate Watson higher and think he will be a long term option. Yarde very undecided on as he has faults defensively and particularly when kicked to. He needs work. No donuts about him
Ball in hand though

The bit I've highlighted is what I don't get when making comparisons about the wingers in the squad.  Nowell and May haven't scored tries and Yarde has, which unless I am mistaken is the wingers primary role.  If we're not creating anything, then how come Yarde is scoring tries, and if your answer is because he's created them for himself, then the question has to be why haven't the others?
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 05 Nov 2014, 12:57 pm

I don't buy this "haven't created much for him", a winger should be able to finish and May hasn't been able to. I can recall a few occasions when he had the try line in his sights but didn't back himself.

As Pete says, Yarde has scored so why can't May?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 05 Nov 2014, 2:04 pm

France squad for Fiji:

France: Scott Spedding, Yoann Huget, Alexandre Dumoulin, Wesley Fofana, Teddy Thomas, Camille Lopez, Sébastien Tillous-Borde, Alexandre Menini, Guilhem Guirado, Nicolas Mas, Pascal Papé, Yoann Maestri, Thierry Dusautoir (c), Bernard Le Roux, Damien Chouly

Replacements from: Xavier Chiocci, Benjamin Kayser, Uini Atonio, Alexandre Flanquart, Sébastien Vahaamahina, Charles Ollivon, Rory Kockott, Rémi Talès, Maxime Mermoz, Mathieu Bastareaud

Read more at http://www.espnscrum.com/france/rugby/story/246703.html#DhdR2Vpj3wZhgSUx.99

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 05 Nov 2014, 6:49 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:
anonmattyt wrote:
Sgt_Pooly wrote:

Ball in hand though

The bit I've highlighted is what I don't get when making comparisons about the wingers in the squad.  Nowell and May haven't scored tries and Yarde has, which unless I am mistaken is the wingers primary role.  If we're not creating anything, then how come Yarde is scoring tries, and if your answer is because he's created them for himself, then the question has to be why haven't the others?
Very simplistic way of looking at things. Wingers are there to finish chances created or made themselves.

Any number of variables can affect the game you play in. Ie
May went off first minutes against France and then played against Ireland and Scotland.

If it was all about tries Ashton would be in. However if
You give tries away as he does or you don't help your full back out in anyway and have a poor kicking game like Yarde then you are again diminishing the side. 

It's about finding the right balance. As I have said England has no idea who it's best 11,12 ,14 are. Nobody knows. Lancaster is trying to stumble upon his blend.

Personally for me May would be in but in reality there is no clear best winger in England as they all have faults.

Autumn should give us some pointers

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 05 Nov 2014, 7:16 pm

Of course you need an all round game, but none of them are the finished article and all have flaws. You still need to score tries to win international matches, so in the absence of a world class individual with a completely all round skill set, I would go for the man most likely to cross the whitewash for us.

Against New Zealand, however good May is at fielding kicks and covering for his full back we are not going to hold them try less so at some point we are going to need to score tries ourselves if we want to win the game.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 05 Nov 2014, 7:42 pm

Totally agree Pete.

Yarde's has a few flaws but he can score. May has flaws but doesn't look like scoring, hope I'm wrong.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 05 Nov 2014, 8:11 pm

The Ba's v Leicester match looked like a right hoot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyCYo5Ot514&feature=youtu.be

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 05 Nov 2014, 8:57 pm

Wings a tough one for England, wasnt that long ago everyone was saying Wade should be starting for us but don't think I've seen one person mention him.

England's issues are that they are too conservative for our wings to really shine - a lot of Yarde's tries against the bigger teams are off the back of mauls or rucks with 10 metres to go and not finishing what I'd say are wingers moves that are off flowing backline moves.

Last time England played like that was when we beat the ABs at Twickenham a few years ago and I'm not really sure why we haven't tried to continue to play like that as if we were that attacking then I am sure guys like May would shine.

Glad Roko has his chance, he seems to have the power of Yarde but a bit more creativity about him, be good to see if he can take to international rugby.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 05 Nov 2014, 9:16 pm

I'd take Wade over May 100%

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 05 Nov 2014, 9:17 pm

So because Yarde has finished off moves originating from the forwards rather than from flowing play, he's a worse bet than the other wingers who haven't finished off anything, and if we played flowing rugby then May who hasn't scored any tries would be a better better bet than him. I don't get the logic to be honest.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 05 Nov 2014, 9:30 pm

May's game is better suited to expansive rugby and not the conservative style Lancaster seems to like. What I am saying is that neither May nor Yarde have scored tries that you would expect wingers to be scoring, because of how we play - if we played a more expansive style it would suit May. I think it is hard for any of our wings to really stand out and show their AP form.

I'm not a big fan of Yarde, he lacks consistency for me, I've seen him play live 3 times this season and he's made so many errors - the first five minutes against Wasps was one of the worst starts I have seen from a winger. When he clicks he is a great player, so good with ball in hand, but it is making sure he is consistently that good and I'd prefer someone like Watson to be given a chance as I think he could become a world class player for England and could be in the starting XV come the WC.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 05 Nov 2014, 9:31 pm

I'm at a complete loss with that Chris. To me that makes Yarde even more of an asset as he can still score tries without the assistance of back line moves or space, which is at premium in Int rugby.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 05 Nov 2014, 9:37 pm

dammit_chris wrote:May's game is better suited to expansive rugby and not the conservative style Lancaster seems to like. What I am saying is that neither May nor Yarde have scored tries that you would expect wingers to be scoring, because of how we play - if we played a more expansive style it would suit May. I think it is hard for any of our wings to really stand out and show their AP form.

I'm not a big fan of Yarde, he lacks consistency for me, I've seen him play live 3 times this season and he's made so many errors - the first five minutes against Wasps was one of the worst starts I have seen from a winger. When he clicks he is a great player, so good with ball in hand, but it is making sure he is consistently that good and I'd prefer someone like Watson to be given a chance as I think he could become a world class player for England and could be in the starting XV come the WC.

We are never going to be this "expansive, fully attack minded" team people dream of. If we played that way we'd get beat as other teams are better at than us i.e NZ. We don't need to adapt our style to accommodate a player, players need to adapt to our game plan.

Yarde has scored tries though, I don't get it. He's a finisher who gets over the line, why does it matter if it was 60yd break or a 2m push over, he scores!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 05 Nov 2014, 10:43 pm

Sorry guys, I just don't rate him. I think he's very good with ball in hand but he makes his fullback work so much harder as he seems lazy in defence, he's been very poor this season compared to what he is capable of. Just not a fan as I don't think he's consistent - but do agree he is dangerous with ball in hand and he's a powerful runner.

Hope he proves me wrong, as we need to get some decent wingers in place for the WC.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 05 Nov 2014, 10:56 pm

Was never lazy in defence for us, and was consistently excellent. When players move clubs it caan take some time to settle in and perform. Moving in a world cup year was a risk, and though I've not seen much of Quins it's obvious he's not hit top form, but that doesn't take away from the fact that in an England jersey he has been our most potent threat in the backline over the past 18 months.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:33 am

I'd argue Brown and Care ahead of him in those stakes Pete

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 06 Nov 2014, 4:02 am

Colin Slade as a full back. What do we think?

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 06 Nov 2014, 6:02 am

Solid Steve, decent winger too

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 06 Nov 2014, 7:30 am

New Zealand squad: Israel Dagg, Ben Smith, Conrad Smith, Sonny Bill Williams, Julian Savea, Aaron Cruden, Aaron Smith, Kieran Read, Richie McCaw (c), Jerome Kaino, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Owen Franks, Dane Coles, Wyatt Crockett

Replacements: Keven Mealamu, Ben Franks, Charlie Faumuina, Patrick Tuipulotu, Liam Messam, TJ Perenara, Beauden Barrett, Ryan Crotty

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:02 am

You can argue about Nonu/SBW at 12, but that is the AB's strongest side.  Unless the heavens open on Saturday I can see us being on the wrong end of a serious hammering.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:03 am

Steven_Sharks wrote:I'd argue Brown and Care ahead of him in those stakes Pete

Buy not Nowell, May or any of the other wingers used.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 06 Nov 2014, 8:22 am

It's a very impressive AB side, they're certainly taking this one seriously. I think that's pretty much the best they can put out at the minute, our only chance is to catch them a little cold and really go for it from the off.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:01 am

Team: I Folau, A Ashley-Cooper, T Kuridrani, C Leali'ifano, J Tomane, B Foley, N Phipps; J Slipper, S Fainga'a, S Kepu, S Carter, R Simmons, S McMahon, M Hooper (captain), B McCalman.

Replacements (from): J Hanson, T Faulkner, B Alexander, J Horwill, W Skelton, M Hodgson, W Genia, Q Cooper, R Horne.

Aus looking pretty strong too.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:15 am

I suspect they will have too much for Wales.  Chieka has a way of getting the best out of players.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:32 am

He's my player but Woodcock gets in when fit. Carter on form as well

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:35 am

Forgot about Woodcock, Carter on form but he's not really been on form for a year or so.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 06 Nov 2014, 9:37 am

We have to dominate the scrum for my money. Then see what happens after that. that to me is a weakness Errrr need to exploit.

John Korean reckons these are the best all blacks ever. I still think 2005 ABs the best team seen in my life time

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 06 Nov 2014, 10:29 am

I can't see us getting too much in the scrum, I think it'll be pretty close.

As expected:

M Brown (Harlequins); S Rokoduguni (Bath), B Barritt (Saracens), K Eastmond (Bath), J May (Gloucester) ; O Farrell (Saracens) , D Care (Harlequins); J Marler (Harlequins), D Hartley (Northampton), D Wilson (Bath), D Attwood (Bath), C Lawes (Northampton), T Wood (Northampton), C Robshaw (Harlequins, capt), B Vunipola (Saracens).

Replacements: R Webber (Bath), M Mullan (Wasps), K Brookes (Newcastle), G Kruis (Saracens), B Morgan (Gloucester), B Youngs (Leicester), G Ford (Bath), A Watson (Bath)..

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 06 Nov 2014, 12:50 pm

We had then at scrum time in the summer. The front row the only place where the current AB player isn't in the 'best in the world' debate for that position (SBW) post league stint obviously

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Steven_Sharks Thu 06 Nov 2014, 1:23 pm

Henshaw and Payne the Irish midfield

Steven_Sharks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 06 Nov 2014, 1:23 pm

We had them for 1 test but they sured up in the next and we didn't get anything. I think they'll do ok, we might get a little nudge on (hope so).

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Thu 06 Nov 2014, 1:26 pm

Think we can take the ABs, intensity needs to be incredible. If we let them set the pace and control the early bit of the game we are even more at risk of tiring in the last periods
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 06 Nov 2014, 1:30 pm

I can't see us winning this game to be honest.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 06 Nov 2014, 1:49 pm

It's going to be interesting to see where we are.

I thought we pretty much matched them for the first 2 tests in NZ, if we can really raise the intensity and get them on the back foot the fitst 60mins could be really tight. You'd fancy NZ to win by around 10pts though, especially with the backline we have out.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 07 Nov 2014, 12:11 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:It's going to be interesting to see where we are.

I thought we pretty much matched them for the first 2 tests in NZ, if we can really raise the intensity and get them on the back foot the fitst 60mins could be really tight. You'd fancy NZ to win by around 10pts though, especially with the backline we have out.

I agree. Think their bench makes them win comfortably. They have over 1000 caps throughout the team and we have 300. The difference in bench is quite stark.

We can't expect a completely different backline to click straight off. Barritt there for his defence. At 13 he may stifle the wide but is the right pick.

SBW should be rusty having barely played but still he is a top defender and It is easy to integrate a player into a consistent winning side.

NZ pack so tried trusted. That back 5 is great. Even with mccaw not what he was he is still mighty effective. Our main aim should be to get at them physically and put smith under pressure.
Over here he has struggled when we have flooded the rucks and he is so unused to being put under pressure.

That said I think NZ by 15

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Fri 07 Nov 2014, 12:24 pm

Dan Cole back, hopefully get a good run leading up to the 6N. Be great having him, Mako & Corbs fit and firing.

http://www.leicestertigers.com/news/21073.php#.VFy5U4rfWnM

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 21 1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 21  Next