The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+9
Marco_Marky - Stuffington
Galted
kingraf
Rowley
Adam D
Pal Joey
JuliusHMarx
Union Cane
Mind the windows Tino.
13 posters

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 10 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 Nov 2014, 10:50 am

First topic message reminder :

What, now?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 11 Nov 2014, 3:30 pm

Is anybodies name more than four letters long?

Doesn't appear so.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 10 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by seanmichaels Tue 11 Nov 2014, 3:36 pm

could play hang man? 3 goes

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 11 Nov 2014, 3:36 pm

e
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 11 Nov 2014, 3:38 pm

Laugh

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ E E _

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 11 Nov 2014, 3:39 pm

Things that annoy you:
N_ggers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7zRlnyfB_M

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 11 Nov 2014, 3:40 pm

S

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 11 Nov 2014, 3:44 pm

School boy windows. I was sweating then

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ E E _

E S

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Tue 11 Nov 2014, 3:52 pm

R

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 11 Nov 2014, 3:56 pm

Adam D wrote:R

You spaz. You know my name!

End of quiz, I win.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Tue 11 Nov 2014, 4:24 pm

What was the answer?
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 11 Nov 2014, 7:51 pm

Bob?

4. Joni Mitchell - You Turn Me On... You're a Radio

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 11 Nov 2014, 11:16 pm

Yeah you got it Ld. They're all radio songs. Plucking virgin stopped streaming at the end of jaws 3 gutted. Didn't see mayoooooonaaaaaaise get it.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 12 Nov 2014, 12:23 am

I meant to say: "I'm a radio".
I saw her at the SOH in '85. Sweet azzzz.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 12 Nov 2014, 7:27 am

Morning cuppers, I assume everyone is now changing their names by deed poll to something unfathomable?

Fist (though officially sicond due to global time zones)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Nov 2014, 7:34 am

Morning Rick and fellow elitists.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 12 Nov 2014, 7:43 am

Morning Jeff, how is life in the upper echelons of the social forum caste?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Nov 2014, 7:47 am

Radiant Rick. Might do a quiz today, have worked far too hard recently, need a steady day. How are you?

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 12 Nov 2014, 7:49 am

Busy, doing one of the single most boring things I have to do for my work, the type of stuff you keep putting off like homework untill it needs to be done, so generally grouchy too.

Though should be up for a quiz this afternoon i reckon

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:03 am

Good morning.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:12 am

Morning Tino, zinger of a first post to kick your day off...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:13 am

Thank you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:25 am

Morning all. You may be surprised to hear that I'm not Big Bank Hank.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:25 am

Morning all.

Are you doing time charge sheets or something similar, rick?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:30 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Morning all. You may be surprised to hear that I'm not Big Bank Hank.

That's a relief.

Solid win for Andy last night, Jules. He'll be looking to get that first serve percentage up a little bit from 53% though?

That win takes him second on the ATP list of tour wins this year with 59. Second only to his next opponent, the great Roger Federer, who has 70. Although you probably already knew that.

The Fed Express only needs a set against Andy to get through to the semi-finals.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:30 am

I feel awful this morning. Getting old. Feel like I've taken a liver punch off of prime Tyson.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:32 am

TLD wrote:Are you doing time charge sheets or something similar, rick?

Scoring RFP responses mate, very tedious...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:45 am

seanmichaels wrote:I feel awful this morning. Getting old. Feel like I've taken a liver punch off of prime Tyson.

I watched Slammin' Sam last night, Seany. Pretty entertaining.

One thing about Burgess though, he is really going to have to watch the league style 'shoulder' tackles or he'll be spending a lot of time in the sin-bin. Union refs will have a field day with some of his 'hits'.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:49 am

seanmichaels wrote:I feel awful this morning. Getting old. Feel like I've taken a liver punch off of prime Tyson.

Go easy on yourself, mate. Has the missus left on her little adventure yet? (don't worry about it...)

Just sitting here watching our equivalent of the FA Cup semi final. The crickets chirping outside are quite distracting.

Oh well, I'd better bring the pet funnel webs in for the night. Otherwise they'll be out all night preying on lesser arachnids.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:55 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:

Oh well, I'd better bring the pet funnel webs in for the night.

Do you see many of them, LD? I really need to come to Oz to see your arthropod world (in general, not just your back yard).

It would be a dream trip for me. Everyone else would be on the beach whilst I was hunting around for spiders.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:58 am

Movies lines. Need a link.

1. Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, Chief. We was comin' back from the island of Tinian to Leyte... just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water.

2. Back home, I tell people what I do for a living and they think well, now that figures. But over here, it's a big, a big mystery. So, I guess I've changed some. Sometimes I wonder if I've changed so much my wife is even going to recognize me, whenever it is that I get back to her.

3. You could be happy here, I could take care of you. I wouldn't let anybody hurt you. We could grow up together.

4. You better be careful. You know those flight attendants ain't like regular women, ______. They're flying back and forth between all those time-zones kinda messes with their biological clock or something. Always ready for sex. Why do you think they can't stop smiling?

5. What a fitting end to your life's pursuits. You're about to become a permanent addition to this archaeological find. Who knows? In a thousand years, even you may be worth something.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Nov 2014, 8:59 am

1) Jaws

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:02 am

5) Raiders of the Lost Ark

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:03 am

2 is Saving Private Ryan I believe.

5 is probably one of the Indiana Jones films.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:03 am

2 is probably Saving Private Ryan but that is a pure guess. It sounds like it should be and I know you love that film.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:04 am

The Loaded Dog wrote:

Go easy on yourself, mate. Has the missus left on her little adventure yet? (don't worry about it...)

Going tomorrow. Need a couple of good nights sleep and finish the bedroom. Bed we're sleeping in is rubbish. Can't get comfy and feet hang over the end.

I like the sound of crickets. In France they have Cicadas although i'm sure the French call them Cygaines. Very soothing, can sleep to their beats.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:04 am

All correct so far!

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:06 am

Is the link, films in Sean Michaels top 10?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:07 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Is the link, films in Sean Michaels top 10?

No. Not a big fan of Indiana Jones films.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:08 am

seanmichaels wrote:

1. Japanese submarine slammed two torpedoes into our side, Chief. We was comin' back from the island of Tinian to Leyte... just delivered the bomb. The Hiroshima bomb. Eleven hundred men went into the water.

That's my favourite scene in the whole of that film.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:09 am

4 might be 1941

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:10 am

or 4 might be that Tom Hanks one

3 might be Hook

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:11 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:4 might be 1941

Incorrect sir.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:11 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:or 4 might be that Tom Hanks one

warm

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:12 am

3 not Hook but I think you have got it.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:12 am

The link must be Spielberg, on the basis of the fact the two we have are both his films. If it is that might make 4 the Terminal

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:16 am

Jaws - Windows
Saving Private Ryan - Rowley
ET!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Terminal - Rowley
Raiders of the lost Ark - Windows

Link - Spielberg - Rowley

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:27 am

Lyrics round. Songs and odd one out

Mr. Green he's so serene, He's got a t.v. in every room

If I should call you up, invest a dime, and you say you belong to me and ease my mind

Sidewalk scenes, and black limousines

The way things are going, They're going to crucify me.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:30 am

1. Pleasant Valley Sunday - the Monkees
4. Ballad of John & Yoko - Beatles

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:32 am

Good skills Jules both right.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 12 Nov 2014, 9:33 am

seanmichaels wrote:
The Loaded Dog wrote:

Going tomorrow. Need a couple of good nights sleep and finish the bedroom. Bed we're sleeping in is rubbish. Can't get comfy and feet hang over the end.
Very important to get the bed right. Get one of those hotel type mattresses if you can... King size.
seanmichaels wrote:
I like the sound of crickets. In France they have Cicadas although i'm sure the French call them Cygaines. Very soothing, can sleep to their beats.

Yeah, me too. No sound of cicadas yet this season. It must be something to do with this weather. Cloudy but no rain... and not hot at all.

As soon as we get another heatwave they emerge from their holes.
As you know, the sound can be almost deafening but over the course of the day you get used to the cacophony.
It's well over 100 dB... maybe 110? If they are singing loudly at night it usually means high overnight temperatures* and it's difficult to properly nod off those few nights a year. (I'm putting in 2 A/C units... one in the main new bedroom. I feel I deserve a bit of luxury now)

*A few years ago it was 31 degs at 2.a.m. and only dropped down to about 28 later on in the early morning before the sun rose the next day.
T'was a phocking awful situation! It was like waking up in a pumpkin soup.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 20 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15 ... 20  Next