The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Klitschkos Performance

+16
Marlonz
3fingers
wheelchair1991
AdamT
catchweight
alanqlm
jimdig
milkyboy
88Chris05
kingraf
Hammersmith harrier
monty junior
bellchees
Dipper Brown
Rowley
hayemaker
20 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Klitschkos Performance - Page 2 Empty Klitschkos Performance

Post by hayemaker Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:41 am

First topic message reminder :

I am not usually a fan of watching Klitschko box because his style is quite boring but I have to admit I was impressed by him last night. Pulev was ranked as the top contender to face Klitschko and he got beaten badly. One thing that surprised me was Klitschkos power. Yes he hits hard but it looks like he hits harder than we thought before. It didnt even look like he was putting much force into his shots but everytime they landed they had Pulev in all sorts of bother. Maybe Pulev has a glass jaw or maybe Klitschko hits harder than we realised?

I think Klitschkos performance last night puts in perspective how good Haye is. Klitschko dominated a top contender last night whereas against Haye he never came close to knocking him out or even landing any big punches. That highlights Haye deensive skills. I think its obvious now that Klitschko needs to rematch Haye asap. Haye is the ONLY heavyweight in the world with the attributes to beat Klitschko and the heavyweight division needs someone who can challenge Klitschko.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Klitschkos Performance - Page 2 Empty Re: Klitschkos Performance

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 16 Nov 2014, 2:33 pm

If it's by knockout then it will be early, he only scored one knockout in the final three rounds of a fight, with Tyson if it goes past six then it's either a decision fight or he's getting stopped.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 2:37 pm

Wlad is a great in my eyes i know ill get slaughtered but i dont care

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 16 Nov 2014, 3:06 pm

Past is always better especially in boxing. All fighters are useless now.

Mayweather would probably be a decent fighter in the old days. He would possibly win a title in some eras.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sun 16 Nov 2014, 3:24 pm

For the record wlad doesnt have chin issues.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Sun 16 Nov 2014, 3:27 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:That's a good one Monty, when Wlad has three stoppage wins of the calibre of Liston, Frazier and Foreman i'll take that comment seriously until then knocking out crap isn't too impressive.

As for Holmes, well Wlad would love to have a jab that good or have half his talent in general.

Hammersmith, I take it you wouldn't have given Haye any credit had he beaten Wladimir? For that matter, if someone indeed does beat him soon, you'd contradict yourself if you gave them any credit at all, you think so little of the man.

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 16 Nov 2014, 3:28 pm

Haye is no heavyweight so would naturally have got a fair bit of credit for beating the top dog at that weight, the same doesn't work in reverse.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 16 Nov 2014, 3:45 pm

Even when you tip him to lose. Good system.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 16 Nov 2014, 3:53 pm

I think you've all come to the conclusion I long ago came to.... The hate is real
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 4:08 pm

And unjustified

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 16 Nov 2014, 4:20 pm

He's a credit to his country. He would be a national hero if he was from here.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 16 Nov 2014, 4:43 pm

I would happily watch Haye get smacked around by the Klits again but hate the thought of the clown getting another big payday for doing sod all

Last edited by Steffan on Sun 16 Nov 2014, 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 16 Nov 2014, 4:49 pm

Good money while you can get it Steff! Now get yourself sat down in front of the telly, Viva Gareth Bale!

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 16 Nov 2014, 4:49 pm

hayemaker wrote:I think a rematch would be a great fight because Haye would know he needs to take more risks and box more aggressivley. That means a higher risk of a knockout for both boxers. The way I see a rematch going is Haye boxes cautiously for the first round to lure Klitschko into thinking it will be just like the first. But in the second Haye to start launching more attacks and getting inside Klitschkos jab. Klitschkos tries to hold on and use his size. In the third round Haye stuns Klitschko with a right hand and Klitschko holds on again and starts to look uncomfortable but survives the round. In the fourth round Klitschko tries to use his size to bully Haye but gets caught again. This time Haye follows up with a barrage to send Klitschko to the floor. Klitschko is wobbled badly but beats the count and the ref gives him the benefit of the doubt. But Haye jumps on Klitschko quickly and unloads a series of bombs to force the ref to stop the fight.

Cool story brah.

What time you wake up?

ghost

emancipator

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Sun 16 Nov 2014, 5:04 pm

Kayser Soze envies Haye's ability to pull the wool over some people's eyes.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 16 Nov 2014, 6:22 pm

emancipator wrote:
hayemaker wrote:I think a rematch would be a great fight because Haye would know he needs to take more risks and box more aggressivley. That means a higher risk of a knockout for both boxers. The way I see a rematch going is Haye boxes cautiously for the first round to lure Klitschko into thinking it will be just like the first. But in the second Haye to start launching more attacks and getting inside Klitschkos jab. Klitschkos tries to hold on and use his size. In the third round Haye stuns Klitschko with a right hand and Klitschko holds on again and starts to look uncomfortable but survives the round. In the fourth round Klitschko tries to use his size to bully Haye but gets caught again. This time Haye follows up with a barrage to send Klitschko to the floor. Klitschko is wobbled badly but beats the count and the ref gives him the benefit of the doubt. But Haye jumps on Klitschko quickly and unloads a series of bombs to force the ref to stop the fight.

Cool story brah.

What time you wake up?

ghost

emancipator

Sounds like one of Hayes failed Hollywood scripts. Haye travelling into the future to battle aliens on a distant planet seems more plausible.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by Marlonz Sun 16 Nov 2014, 7:22 pm

Rowley wrote:Even when you tip him to lose. Good system.
Exactly!!

Marlonz

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 16 Nov 2014, 7:57 pm

hayemaker wrote:The way I see a rematch going is Haye boxes cautiously for the first round to lure Klitschko into thinking it will be just like the first. But in the second Haye to start launching more attacks and getting inside Klitschkos jab. Klitschkos tries to hold on and use his size. In the third round Haye stuns Klitschko with a right hand and Klitschko holds on again and starts to look uncomfortable but survives the round. In the fourth round Klitschko tries to use his size to bully Haye but gets caught again. This time Haye follows up with a barrage to send Klitschko to the floor. Klitschko is wobbled badly but beats the count and the ref gives him the benefit of the doubt. But Haye jumps on Klitschko quickly and unloads a series of bombs to force the ref to stop the fight.
Klitschkos Performance - Page 2 Giphy

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:19 pm

Why are people so quick to write off Hayes chances in a rematch?? The negativity towards him on here is staggering. Haye is our best boxer at the moment and people just want to have a pop!

Haye is the only heavyweight out there with the tools to beat Klitschko. He is fast, has a great defence and has knock out power in both hands. Yes he got it wrong against Klitschko last time but he knows that and he knows beating Klitschko will require a different gameplan. I think Klitschko has been underrated a lot because of his style and Haye thought it would easy to outbox Klitschko when Klitschko is actually a more skilled heavyweight than he is given credit for. No other boxer has done nearly as well as Haye has against Klitschko in years and years. Klitschko didnt even close to having Haye in any trouble. Tht is the positives. The negatives we all know as people love to bring them up but I firmly believe with the right gameplan Haye has a great chance of beating Klitschko and giving the division a real shake up that it needs.

How good would it be if in two years time we are talking Haye v Joshua for the undisputed heavyweight championship of the world in a sold out Wembley and live on ppv??

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:27 pm

hayemaker wrote:How good would it be if in two years time we are talking Haye v Joshua for the undisputed heavyweight championship of the world in a sold out Wembley and live on ppv??
Yes it would be great talking about it and I'm sure the build up would be good until Haye pulls out with an injury

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:30 pm

AdamT wrote:Past is always better especially in boxing. All fighters are useless now.

You're saying this because some people back the absolute best of a by gone era to beat Wlad.

The faith some people have in past fighters is always enormously exaggerated by the opposition, nobody's saying every black and white fighter beats Wlad, people are saying one specific fighter - who is widely regarded as the second best in the division's history - beats Wlad.

I'd back Louis over Wlad. I'd also back Golovkin to knock out Graziano. It's not about era, it's about people rating individual fighters differently. Nobody's saying Braddock takes Wlad to the cleaners are they?

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:33 pm

hayemaker wrote:No other boxer has done nearly as well as Haye has against Klitschko in years and years. Klitschko didnt even close to having Haye in any trouble. Tht is the positives.

I thought Haye lost eleven rounds, only ever landed one half-decent punch, while Klitschko cruised to an easy win?

Personally, I think Haye was intimidated by Wlad, and I cannot see how the rematch would be any different.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:42 pm

It's strange how people can look at the same thing and see different outcomes. I personally thought Haye had a deal with German advertisers, and wanted to make sure the fight lasted twelve, before deciding to go hell for one punch in the twelve and cruising through to a comfortable UD defeat
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 16 Nov 2014, 8:48 pm

I have my doubts about wee Joe Louis beating an athletic 17.5 stone heavy with modern training and nutrition. If Louis was around today then he possibly could be different.

Its all hypothetical and I enjoy the debate like adults. I respect all opinions especially from a lot of you guys who are clearly more knowledgeable than I.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:03 pm

If Joe Louis were around today he'd be a cruiserweight.

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:27 pm

Not if he had todays enhancements

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:30 pm

Duty281 wrote:
hayemaker wrote:No other boxer has done nearly as well as Haye has against Klitschko in years and years. Klitschko didnt even close to having Haye in any trouble. Tht is the positives.

I thought Haye lost eleven rounds, only ever landed one half-decent punch, while Klitschko cruised to an easy win?

Personally, I think Haye was intimidated by Wlad, and I cannot see how the rematch would be any different.

Not sure why you think Haye was intimidated?? In the build up Haye was extremelly conident. In hindsight I would say he was overconfident. Like a lot of other boxers I dont think he expected Klitschko to be as skillful as he was and chose the complete wrong gameplan. It has to be said it could also be Adam Booth to blame for this. After Haye beat Valuev I think he thought he just needed the same tactics again to beat Klitschko and was over-confident going into the fight. During the whole build up it was Haye who looked supremelly confident and Klitschko who looked nervous. In hindsight this handed an advantage to Klitschko who knew how dangerous Haye was and planned around that where as Haye thought he was in for a much easier night out and didnt focus enough on strategy. I think in a rematch all of these Klitschko advantages go out the window because it will be Haye who will be learning from his mistakes and Klitschko who will be expecting Haye to fight cautiously. Klitschko has a glass jaw and he boxes very carefully to protect though but it can be got it and thats what Klitschko fears. Haye is the only heavyweight out there that has the speed to get inside Klitschkos jab and has the kind of power to land bombs that will shatter Klitschkos suspect chin. The flip side of that is it is a riskier strategy as Klitschko has shown he can hit hard himself and could put Haye in big trouble if he lands. Thats why I think it makes for a great rematch. Unfortunately I cant see Klitschko wanting to leave the safety of his hometown but how good would it be to have a rematch in Britain = absolute nailed on sell out. If I were Haye I would give Klitschko more money to travel as 80,000 hostile fans - well we dont know how Klitschko copes in that kind of atmosphere.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:38 pm

hayemaker wrote:If I were Haye I would give Klitschko more money to travel as 80,000 hostile fans - well we dont know how Klitschko copes in that kind of atmosphere
1) Haye could't afford to get Klitschko over here. Wlad is the champ and has no reason to fight outside of Germany

2) The hostile atmosphere would make no difference. It would be another one sided beating

3) 80,000 fans?? I really doubt being as Haye has mugged off the boxing public for long enough. Between giving Audley a shot at the title on PPV, the no show/toe show against Wlad and the Fury letdown (twice) we can all see through him now

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Sun 16 Nov 2014, 9:49 pm

Hayemaker are you David Haye? If so nice to have u on board.Smile

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sun 16 Nov 2014, 11:33 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:
AdamT wrote:Past is always better especially in boxing. All fighters are useless now.

You're saying this because some people back the absolute best of a by gone era to beat Wlad.

The faith some people have in past fighters is always enormously exaggerated by the opposition, nobody's saying every black and white fighter beats Wlad, people are saying one specific fighter - who is widely regarded as the second best in the division's history - beats Wlad.

I'd back Louis over Wlad. I'd also back Golovkin to knock out Graziano. It's not about era, it's about people rating individual fighters differently. Nobody's saying Braddock takes Wlad to the cleaners are they?

Precisely, seems to be the moment you don't rate a modern boxer it means you don't rate any of them, for my money Mayweather, Pacquiao, Jones, Hopkins, Donaire, Ward, Calzaghe, Calderon, Marquez and Rigondeaux would excel in any era in or around their best weight.

I rate Lewis very highly and accept that because of his two shocking losses that any fantasy fight with punchers like Foreman, Tyson or Frazier could go either way whereas I couldn't see him beating Ali or Liston, a Holmes fight would be a real 50/50.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Mayweathers cellmate Mon 17 Nov 2014, 11:08 am

AdamT wrote:Not if he had todays enhancements

Burger King?

Mayweathers cellmate

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down