The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

+10
Silver
88Chris05
Union Cane
superflyweight
Pal Joey
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
kingraf
Rowley
ShahenshahG
14 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 14 Empty The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Galted Thu 20 Nov 2014, 4:59 pm

First topic message reminder :

ARSE

Last edited by Galted on Thu 20 Nov 2014, 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 14 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Nov 2014, 2:58 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:Sweet jesus, almost involved myself in a legal argument in the offtopic section, had to have a right word with myself...

No point in stating actual fact in that place I tells ye...

Let's go get 'em, Rick.  You first.  

Yeah watch out, Truss, Johnnie Cochran and Robert Shapiro are on the way over to the off topic section.

My cousin Vinny and Lionel Hutz more like.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy - Page 14 Empty Re: The Culture Cup Round x - Adam is a naughty naughty boy

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Nov 2014, 3:01 pm

rick_dagless wrote:
Tino wrote:Yeah watch out, Truss, Johnnie Cochran and Robert Shapiro are on the way over to the off topic section.

Would be funny if the unecessary comma before "Truss" didn't make the sentence unreadable.

It was still funny, Rick. And you know it.

The fact you're pulling me up my grammar is all the evidence I need.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 28 Nov 2014, 3:01 pm

who was donald sutherland's character in mississippi burning? he could shift a few.....

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Nov 2014, 3:03 pm

Rowley wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
rick_dagless wrote:Sweet jesus, almost involved myself in a legal argument in the offtopic section, had to have a right word with myself...

No point in stating actual fact in that place I tells ye...

Let's go get 'em, Rick.  You first.  

Yeah watch out, Truss, Johnnie Cochran and Robert Shapiro are on the way over to the off topic section.

My cousin Vinny and Lionel Hutz more like.

I'd like to give you a Laugh but I don't know who Lionel Hutz is.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Nov 2014, 3:05 pm

seanmichaels wrote:who was donald sutherland's character in mississippi burning? he could shift a few.....

He was not in it Sean.

Tina Lionel Hutz is the lawyer in the Simpsons.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 28 Nov 2014, 3:06 pm

Rowley wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:who was donald sutherland's character in mississippi burning? he could shift a few.....

He was not in it Sean.

Tina Lionel Hutz is the lawyer in the Simpsons.

Ok.

Here you go:

Laugh

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 28 Nov 2014, 3:06 pm

I would respond with something appropriately witty, but alas, after arguing with a specific software company over a pointless clause all day, I am left bereft of ideas.

Indeed I came to this refuge seeking solstice and like minds, but I have been let down...

I weep for humanity.

Pr!cks

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 28 Nov 2014, 3:07 pm

My flat-mates at Uni used to call me Lionel Hutz. It's because I once got a legal question wrong on 15-1.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 28 Nov 2014, 3:07 pm

Jeff is Leo Getz.

I actually meant 'A Time to Kill'

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 28 Nov 2014, 3:09 pm

rick_dagless wrote:I would respond with something appropriately witty, but alas, after arguing with a specific software company over a pointless clause all day, I am left bereft of ideas.

Indeed I came to this refuge seeking solstice and like minds, but I have been let down...

I weep for humanity.

Pr!cks

Are you sure that you're not an alias of mine, Rick? Perhaps we should get together to agree on to the wording of pointless clauses in order to give our lives some meaning?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 28 Nov 2014, 3:10 pm

You both know the rules on meeting in person Superfly.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri 28 Nov 2014, 3:12 pm

super wrote:Are you sure that you're not an alias of mine, Rick? Perhaps we should get together to agree on to the wording of pointless clauses in order to give our lives some meaning?

I am up for that mate, anything that will bring light into the otherwise pointless void of the 3rd party use of virtualisation tech and association SKU/metrics, is all good by me!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 28 Nov 2014, 3:12 pm

Rowley wrote:You both know the rules on meeting in person Superfly.

Sex only after necessary medical checks have been verified?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 28 Nov 2014, 3:14 pm

Link:

1. A Time to Kill
2. Wall Street
3. Wanda Nevada
4. Tucker: The man and his dream
5. Being Julia

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 28 Nov 2014, 3:21 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Link:

1. A Time to Kill
2. Wall Street
3. Wanda Nevada
4. Tucker: The man and his dream
5. Being Julia

Each starred a real life father and son? Know it's true for 1and 2 and guessing for the rest.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Fri 28 Nov 2014, 3:30 pm

Nope.

Elitist w@nkers.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Fri 28 Nov 2014, 3:41 pm

superflyweight wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:Link:

1. A Time to Kill Kiefer and Donald Sutherland
2. Wall Street Martin and Charlie Sheen
3. Wanda Nevada Henry and Peter Fonda
4. Tucker: The man and his dream Lloyd and Jeff Bridges
5. Being Julia Jeremy and someone Irons

Each starred a real life father and son?  Know it's true for 1and 2 and guessing for the rest.  

Aw look, that's good execution of your skill sets.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 29 Nov 2014, 10:20 am

Good morning all,

One for you all to ponder over the weekend.
Common reference in 4 of the songs; which is the odd one out? Song name and artist as well.

1. I met a redneck on a Grecian isle, Who did the goat dance very well,... California - Joni Mitchell ; Silver

2. Will you tell the folks back home I nearly made it? Had offers but don't know which one to take,...

3. You take what you need and leave the rest, But they should never have taken the very best,...

4. Kids shout from their pick up trucks, Stoned on life and beer,...

5. Daddy ain't home from the dog run, And you're riding through the city with a shotgun,...

Last edited by The Loaded Dog on Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:07 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Union Cane Sat 29 Nov 2014, 4:39 pm

No. Nothing, I'm afraid.
Union Cane
Union Cane

Location : Whatever truculent means, if that's good, I'm that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 29 Nov 2014, 11:16 pm

I tried to make it non-elitist as possible, Union.
Maybe the other guys will pick it straight away? If they get one or two... then the pattern will quickly emerge.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Sat 29 Nov 2014, 11:26 pm

1 is a Joni Mitchell song, California I think. 4 - The Who? No clue on the others or the link...

Link guess: Leaving home.

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 29 Nov 2014, 11:29 pm

1 is Correct Silver.
You are correct with 4 as well.
If you can elaborate on what Pete Townsend is singing about you're almost there.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Sat 29 Nov 2014, 11:41 pm

Alright LD? Had to cut and fertilise square today. Didn't have the heart for it. Not feeling cricket at moment and to make matters worse dropped in on our president who lives on the ground and he has prostate cancer which has gone to bones. Plucking Poopie but he's had a decent innings

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 30 Nov 2014, 2:04 am

Hanging in there mate. You need to do the same as well. Sad news about the President.

It's been a very emotional week and I've almost let go of our rugby team. Just so disappointing but fortunately it's only a bloody game.

I'm trying to look at things in comparison to the grand scheme of things. A few frustrations with my project but looking at those like small bumps to be navigated around; lessons to be learnt (no matter how frustrating). The loss of Phil Hughes though is a calamity.

Keep your chin up, champ. Go with the flow and create your own progress at your own pace.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 30 Nov 2014, 6:55 am

Heard about the Israelí umpire who got killed by a cricket ball LD? Struck on the head or chest apparently. When I was about fifteen, we had an away match and as the sun was setting, I had a chance on the Midwicket boundary. I didn't see the ball the entire time (it was directly into the sun) and it struck me on the chest. I didn't even go down.... or miss school the next day. Until this week, I didn't understand how close I might have been cutting it. Scary stuff
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 30 Nov 2014, 7:58 am

kingraf wrote:Heard about the Israelí umpire who got killed by a cricket ball LD? Struck on the head or chest apparently. When I was about fifteen,  we had an away match and as the sun was setting, I had a chance on the Midwicket boundary. I didn't see the ball the entire time (it was directly into the sun) and it struck me on the chest. I didn't even go down.... or miss school the next day. Until this week, I didn't understand how close I might have been cutting it. Scary stuff

Yes. Another piece of unbelievably bad luck. He got struck under the jaw as the ball got smashed back; ricocheted off the stumps apparently.

Sounds like you were lucky too. I also know that feeling of being blinded by the sun... sort of a panicky feeling isn't it?
Are you watching Pak-NZ? Pak 26/3 in their 2nd dig... trailing by 313 runs.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 30 Nov 2014, 8:21 am

Yeah, just seems like freak accidents are happening more and more in cricket nowadays. Maybe it's the sheer volume of cricket being played. Mark Boucher's eye accident was also a freak incident. Seems Michael Clarke is having a particularly tough time coping. He put up a few photos of him and Hughes together on his instagram account. I didn't quite realise how close they were... or how much Hughes fashioned his appearance on Clarke. The popped collar, the elbow sweat band, old school helmet, five o clock shadow beard, hairstyle. It's quite uncanny when you look at it.

Yeah I'm watching. Pakistan seem to have had a mini implosion from a relatively safe place after day one. I think being the first team to have a bat following Hughes' death must have been rather daunting. Can't think it didn't play on their minds, especially as Shehzad had been hit the last test.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 30 Nov 2014, 8:24 am

The Boucher injury was also very freakish. I mean, how unlucky was that? What are the chances of that ever happening again?

There's a 2 hour tribute on Phil Hughes on here at the moment.
Full coverage of both of his innings in SA. He was really on fire on that tour. Super fast outfield at Kingsmead.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sun 30 Nov 2014, 8:47 am

Yeah, he scored for fun against us that year. I do think the Australian selectors were a little quick to drop him following that tour. Yeah he was abject in the Ashes, but maybe expecting a 20-year old to have two good back to back series' was a little much? I'm also glad he scored all those runs in Kingsmead, couldn't have happened to a nicer cesspool
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun 30 Nov 2014, 8:51 am

You mean "in" a nicer cesspool... like Durban. Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 01 Dec 2014, 7:58 am

Not a clue on the lyrics TLD, last one sounds like something by the Scissor Sisters but could not tell you the name.

Fist

Morning all

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 01 Dec 2014, 9:54 am

shi'ite on here today

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 01 Dec 2014, 9:57 am

It is indeed sean, morning, good weekend?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 01 Dec 2014, 10:00 am

Morning gents. Hate work.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Adam D Mon 01 Dec 2014, 10:04 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Morning gents. Hate work.

Was that a request for us to hate work or an expression of your dislike for it? Either way, I will obey.

Adam D
Founder
Founder

http://www.v2journal.com

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 01 Dec 2014, 10:14 am

rick_dagless wrote:It is indeed sean, morning, good weekend?

Aye, ok. Went for a few beer with an old mate on friday. Saturday down at cricket pitch then got leathered enough buy boxnation, enjoy the eubank fight then fall asleep at about round 6 of the Fury fight. Woke up at 6.30 am on the sofa.

Lovely long walk yesterday on Thursley common followed by the best sunday lunch I've had at a pub.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 01 Dec 2014, 10:19 am

you catch the boxing?

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 01 Dec 2014, 10:19 am

Fair enough sean, you didn't miss much on the Fury fight, sounds like the fights in the crowd were better.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 01 Dec 2014, 10:20 am

sean wrote:you catch the boxing?

Yup, Gavin really lazy, Eubank didn't start fighting until 6th round and then it became interesting, and Chisora didn't turn up at all.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 01 Dec 2014, 10:55 am

Toppy getting close to the line re 'Fury fans' I see. He's probably right though, they love a good ruck.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 01 Dec 2014, 11:00 am

Haha just popped over there to see that, I have heard a lot of stuff about things going down in the crowd though.

No idea who it was, it ranges from footbal chavs, to travellers, depending who you listen to. I suspect a mixture of all kinds of idiots were there

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 01 Dec 2014, 11:02 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Morning gents. Hate work.

What's up Jules? Want to talk about it? Or something irrelevant? If so....

I had ribeye roast beef from Jody Scheckter's (foremer F1 world champ) sustainable biodynamic farm yesterday. Close to the best bit of beef I have ever eaten.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 01 Dec 2014, 11:08 am

rick_dagless wrote:Haha just popped over there to see that, I have heard a lot of stuff about things going down in the crowd though.

No idea who it was, it ranges from footbal chavs, to travellers, depending who you listen to.  I suspect a mixture of all kinds of idiots were there

Only ever tempted to go to a fight when Froch was going to fight Kessler in Monaco.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 01 Dec 2014, 11:23 am

WIll probably go over to the Anthony Crolla one in Manc, a friend of mine has never been and it will be a good old intro i suspect.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:07 pm

Where on Earth is everyone today? I hope no one is Myles Bradbury

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:16 pm

The culture cup reflects my apathy today. My bladder is beginning to hurt but I can't be arsed to got to the bogs.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:27 pm

Normally happens to me about 5 in the morning, after a session the night before...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:30 pm

I tend to do most of my drinking at home these days. Whenever I do go out I always end up with a bad hangover. Friday I had about 5 pints at the pub and was like a train wreck the next morning.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:35 pm

rick_dagless wrote:Where on Earth is everyone today?  I hope no one is Myles Bradbury

Myles away.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 01 Dec 2014, 1:46 pm

Excellent work as always Jules...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next