The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aftermath of Saunders vs Eubank Jr

+24
theanimal316
Herman Jaeger
22-2
Mad for Chelsea
Hammersmith harrier
Adam D
hazharrison
TRUSSMAN66
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
DuransHorse
Seanusarrilius
hogey
tunes666
wheelchair1991
Haito
All Time Great
Derbymanc
lfc91
milkyboy
hayemaker
bellchees
catchweight
Valero's Conscience
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Aftermath of Saunders vs Eubank Jr - Page 2 Empty Aftermath of Saunders vs Eubank Jr

Post by Valero's Conscience Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:46 am

First topic message reminder :

The fight went as I thought, with Saunders winning on points albeit I predicted he would win by a greater margin.

For me, a big part of Eubank's loss was his opposition until last night. He fought people his team/promoter were 99% sure he'd beat and fell every time he connected with a power shot which gave him a false sense of confidence and superiority.

He also never fought someone to stop him doing his stupid bad habits/showboating and looked for large parts clueless against someone who has decent ring craft.

Eubank also appears to have no real structure in his team and needs this at the top level. I remember at the press conference a week or so ago when he said he doesn't have a trainer and Saunders coach looked stunned and said "you must be one in the million then?" He is still a prospect but needs rebuilding and a whole new structure around him.

Eubank surely has to stay at MW where the division is weaker as he'll get torn apart by Groves and Degale let alone the champs at SMW.

A few questions:

1- Do you think Eubank will go back to fighting sub-par opposition or stay at the level i.e. top ranked UK and European fighters?

2- Although Saunders is competent he isn't ready for the top guys at MW although could pick up a fringe belt. Do you think he'll fight for the WBO belt straight away as hinted?

3- Is there any punch stats from the fight? I've looked but can't find any.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Aftermath of Saunders vs Eubank Jr - Page 2 Empty Re: Aftermath of Saunders vs Eubank Jr

Post by Derbymanc Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:05 am

Eubank never seemed to bother him at all, He did look a bit tired towards the end though.

Does anyone have the punch stats as Eubank looked like he missed with most of his shots all night.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Aftermath of Saunders vs Eubank Jr - Page 2 Empty Re: Aftermath of Saunders vs Eubank Jr

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:44 am

Tend to only get Compubox if its broadcast for the Yanks.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:53 am

Saunders is almost at his peak and we won't see much more from him.

Eubank has so many flaws he will improve more than Saunders throughout their careers (though may never be as good), and neither will ever become world class.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:41 pm

3fingers wrote:Saunders is almost at his peak and we won't see much more from him.

Eubank has so many flaws he will improve more than Saunders throughout their careers (though may never be as good), and neither will ever become world class.
Completely agree.  If you'd had a few beers you were rambling some sense. Hate to say it but TRUSS and his "like father, unlike son" rule seems to be quite correct.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2