The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

+35
Atila
CFCNick
socal1976
1GrumpyGolfer
wadey101
spencerclarke
Corporalhumblebucket
CaledonianCraig
JDizzle
TRUSSMAN66
FootballLight
Hulking_up
JamesLincs
Mad for Chelsea
Liam
mystiroakey
westisbest
Stella
lfc91
Duty281
freemo
NickisBHAFC
Lowlandbrit
compelling and rich
Crimey
guildfordbat
Ent
Dolphin Ziggler
Fernando
Hero
Mat
The Special Juan
Hammersmith harrier
Good Golly I'm Olly
kingraf
39 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 5 Empty We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by kingraf Sat 29 Nov 2014, 8:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

You're both quite awful, but I wouldn't rule anybody out of anything yet. Liverpool are THIRTEENTH and they are just five points off a CL spot (although, they might give up on it this year, so they can make a run for it next year). The teams are just all so close this season, u don't think it would have even cleared up by Christmas (except Chelsea winning the league, they should be coronated by then). Citeh are basically trying the Suárez trick with Agüero, and while it's working at the moment, I'd say with his injury track record, the one with the thunder thighs is not someone you want to base your entire season around. If Agüero's out, Citeh struggle (hell, with Agüero in they've made heavy weather). I'd back both Utd and Arsenal to make it, but If Southampton can make it out of December still top five, I think it begins to get interesting
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by westisbest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 7:57 am

mystiroakey wrote:We had about 20 shots. We all over them but lacked composure.

Bentekes class won them that game . Our over eagerness didn't help.

Yeah you should have won easy mysti.
If you had better forwards, could have been about 5-1.

Weimann should have made it 2-0 half way through second half.

Last nights game is the reason we will stay up.
We know how to win ugly.

We have no power in midfield though.
Westwood, Cleverly, get pushed off the ball to easily.

(I stand corrected from yesterday's comment. Last might was the second away win in a row I have seen us win.
3-2 away to Saints was the other, last season, another game we should have lost).

Last edited by westisbest on Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:10 am; edited 1 time in total

westisbest

Back to top Go down

We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread  - Page 5 Empty Re: We Go Again! The 2014/15 Premier League Thread

Post by kingraf Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:58 am

Good to win for us last night. Completely forgot there was a game on. But we're in sixth place!
#We'reGoingToEurope
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:28 am

Good stuff westy. That was deffo a good game to go to. First win in 9!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:01 am

De Gea to Madrid in the summer, followed by Krul to United (LVG connection) & Darlow to Newcastle, which is already agreed. Can see that happening. Newcastle are a selling club, Krul, Darlow & Elliott will not all be kept.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:08 am

I cant see krul going to united even as a last chance saloon. They want the best these days and are willing to pay. Krul is so inconstant.

I just saw the game.. Maybe if they do lose de gea(i doubt it) they could put Young in there instead!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:12 am

Krul inconsistent, been absolutely brilliant for us. When has Krul had a nightmare game or had a howler? It was Elliott in goal for us last night, if you didn't know. All I know is that Ashley has Anita/Tiote on the exit list, however, with Darlow coming, A decent offer might see Krul go.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:18 am

Krul was great at the start of last season then at the end made a lot of mistakes. I remember a couple of outstanding games and I commented on how good he was- but then during the second half of the season he wasn't the same.. TBF it wasn't just him- it was your whole team.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:25 am

But back on the palace game.. You all know how much i rate zaha- but I was shocked we started him in such an important game and tbh although he was so eager to impress, he was over eager- the final ball let him down too many times even though he bossed the villa defense. I think he hit the flood lights on a couple of occasions! we should have started Punch. Brought on zaha if needed and Gayle didnt look fit- i dont understand why he started either- he was carrying a knock.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:25 am

mystiroakey wrote:Good stuff westy. That was deffo a good game to go to. First win in 9!

Yeah was a good game to choose.

,Made me laugh, heard Lambert say we deserved to win. Dear, dear.

That guy always seems to be 1 result away from the chop, then we go and win.

Another big game sunday home to Leicester, in this 'big 4 game' fixture.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 03 Dec 2014, 10:29 am

You deserved it- you won it. Our final ball let us down.

you can have all the attack you want- but if you cant finish. Our kids looked like they were on meth(especially Zaha). They need to be calmer.. Its easy enough when we know we have to play counter therefore we can hit teams with speed with less defense to worry about- But I think this was a game where warnock assumed we could be the aggressor, maybe that ideology was too soon.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 11:41 am

I don't think it would be 'last chance saloon' for United going for someone like Krul. Outside of the top clubs, Krul & Begovic are the top keepers, who are adjusted to the league & it's demands. Top keepers are at a premium & I don't think United can afford to buy from abroad again & train the keeper up for two years before he's ready & able. LVG knows Krul too & United would be able to get him from Newcastle pretty comfortably.

I also don't buy your comment of 'United are only interested in the best', it didn't stop them buying Rojo, Herrera & Blind, who are nowhere near being top class players.

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 03 Dec 2014, 12:03 pm

We probably are never going to get Neuer... So I'd say De Gea is a probably going to be a target. Though Casillas has racked up clean sheets this season, so maybe we keep him for five more seasons?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Wed 03 Dec 2014, 12:14 pm

I think you will go for cech the lad must have a few more years in him

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 03 Dec 2014, 12:16 pm

Could see United going for someone like Hugo Lloris, Rather similar to De Gea more shot stopping then anything.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 03 Dec 2014, 12:32 pm

I agree with nando, but de Gea hasn't gone yet!! Begovic is top class too.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 03 Dec 2014, 2:32 pm

Victor Valdes may just stay on

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 3:53 pm

Ben Amos might turn into the next Ginger Buffon

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 03 Dec 2014, 5:08 pm

The Special Juan wrote:I agree with nando, but de Gea hasn't gone yet!!  Begovic is top class too.

Begovic really isn't top class at all.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ent Wed 03 Dec 2014, 5:22 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Victor Valdes may just stay on

Gone already

Ent

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 03 Dec 2014, 5:37 pm

Olly wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:I agree with nando, but de Gea hasn't gone yet!!  Begovic is top class too.

I really think he is.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 03 Dec 2014, 5:40 pm

The Special Juan wrote:
Olly wrote:

I really think he is.

Then why is he still at a mid to lower table PL club in the peak years of his career?

He makes to many mistakes. He's just like mignolet.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 03 Dec 2014, 5:49 pm

Was it not David Platt who said that before Mancini and he left City that their plan was to sign Begovic and make him City's number one?

If United were to sell De Gea to Madrid then I'd look at getting Keylor Navas as part of the deal.

There are only two goalkeepers in the league that I don't think are prone to mistakes and that's De Gea and Courtois. Lloris makes the odd one but would be next, with Cech after. Krul, Hart and Begovic next with pretty much all the others together after that.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 6:21 pm

De Gea is prone to mistakes, just like any other keeper. The Begovic is like Mignolet comment was funny, when has Begovic consistently had foul ups, couldn't catch a ball or embarrassed himself game after game. Never. I don't even remember Tim Krul ever having a nightmare moment or being inconsistent. People just make stuff up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 03 Dec 2014, 7:07 pm

You're getting semantics all wrong Liam, De Gea and Courtois aren't likely or liable to make many mistakes which is what prone means.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 03 Dec 2014, 7:11 pm

Olly wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:
Olly wrote:

I really think he is.

Then why is he still at a mid to lower table PL club in the peak years of his career?

See Dolph's comment. Off the top of my head, I don't remember him making any major errors. All keepers make mistakes but only the ones that lead to goals/red cards are important.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 03 Dec 2014, 7:12 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:Was it not David Platt who said that before Mancini and he left City that their plan was to sign Begovic and make him City's number one?

If United were to sell De Gea to Madrid then I'd look at getting Keylor Navas as part of the deal.

There are only two goalkeepers in the league that I don't think are prone to mistakes and that's De Gea and Courtois. Lloris makes the odd one but would be next, with Cech after. Krul, Hart and Begovic next with pretty much all the others together after that.

If Marshall was still in the PL I'd have him right up there.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 03 Dec 2014, 7:33 pm

I think the Southampton bubble has burst so I'll say 3-0 Arsenal.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 03 Dec 2014, 7:41 pm

Arsenal XI: Martinez, Chambers, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Ramsey, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Alexis, Welbeck.

Southampton XI: Forster, Clyne, Fonte, Alderweireld, Bertrand, Wanyama, Cork, Davis, Tadic, Long, Pelle.

---

Sunderland XI: Pantilimon, Vergini, Reveillere, O'Shea, Coates, Cattermole, Larsson, Rodwell, Buckley, Wickham, Fletcher.

Man City XI: Hart, Zabaleta, Boyata, Demichelis, Clichy, Fernandinho, Toure, Nasri, Navas, Jovetic, Aguero.

---

Everton: Howard, Coleman, Baines, Jagielka, Distin, Besic, Barry, Mirallas, Barkley, Osman, Lukaku.

Hull: McGregor, Elmohamady, Rosenior, Chester, Dawson, Livermore, Huddlestone, Meyler, Diame, Quinn, Jelavic

----

Chelsea: Courtois, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Azpilicueta, Fabregas, Matic, Willian, Oscar, Hazard, Drogba. Subs: Cech, Luis, Zouma, Mikel, Schurrle, Salah, Remy.

Tottenham Hotspur: Lloris, Chiriches, Fazio, Vertonghen, Davies, Mason, Bentaleb, Lamela, Eriksen, Lennon, Kane. Subs: Kaboul, Paulinho, Soldado, Vorm, Dier, Naughton, Chadli.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 03 Dec 2014, 7:47 pm

The Special Juan wrote:
Olly wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:
Olly wrote:

I really think he is.

See Dolph's comment.  Off the top of my head, I don't remember him making any major errors.  All keepers make mistakes but only the ones that lead to goals/red cards are important.

He did make a fairly major mistake last night but was left off by some poor finishing by Herrera but he is one of the more dependable keepers in the league, Foster for example always has a mistake round the corner.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:05 pm

Chelsea 1-0 Spuds - Hazard
Sunderland 1-0 Citeh - Wickham

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:06 pm

Sunderland 1-1 Citeh - Aguero

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:06 pm

The Special Juan wrote:
Olly wrote:
The Special Juan wrote:
Olly wrote:

I really think he is.

See Dolph's comment.  Off the top of my head, I don't remember him making any major errors.  All keepers make mistakes but only the ones that lead to goals/red cards are important.

Of course you don't remember the major ones, nobody covers Stoke. Just like Mignolet at Sunderland, nobody remembered the mistakes. But when they have a great game, it gains publicity from national journos, peoples minds get warped.

If he was that good he wouldn't be at stoke
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:07 pm

Chelsea 2-0 Spurs - Didier Drogba

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:09 pm

Not sure that's quite true Olly, Jaaskelainen and Friedel were top quality goalkeepers while Van Der Sar was at Fulham for years.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:10 pm

Dat awkward moment when Lloris makes a mistake.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:15 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Not sure that's quite true Olly, Jaaskelainen and Friedel were top quality goalkeepers while Van Der Sar was at Fulham for years.

I wouldn't have classed either Jussi or Friedel as top quality tbf

Van Den Sar did play for ajax and juve before too, and it was quite a shock when he did go Fulham. Bit of an anomaly

Just don't think he's that good, he's a good keeper, but not good enough for a club who wants to be competing for top four/the title. As I said just like Mignolet for me
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:19 pm

Everton 1-0 Hull - Lukaku

Iain Dowie describes it as sensational....So probably not that good

PS Begovic > Ruddy End of.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:20 pm

Of course the only game without a goal is the one in TV
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:24 pm

Sunderland 1-2 Citeh - Jovetic

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:28 pm

Commentator surprised the Arsenal crowd is quiet...

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:33 pm

There's a crowd there? 

Empty seats everywhere
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 03 Dec 2014, 8:34 pm

At those prices, no wonder.
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:01 pm

Citeh 3-1 - Zabaleta
Everton 1-1 Hull - Aluko

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:05 pm

Welbeck just went full Van Wolfswinkel
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:06 pm

Good or bad? Laugh
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:14 pm

4-1 Citeh - Sergio Aguero

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:15 pm

Chelsea 3-0 - Remy

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:16 pm

Aguero wrapping up the POTY

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:17 pm

The Special Juan wrote:Good or bad?  Laugh

I'm trying desperately to find the vine of it...

But against Fulham last year RVW did exactly what Welbeck did just then, except it went out for a goal kick lol
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 03 Dec 2014, 9:28 pm

Arsenal catch a break here with Alderweireled going off with saints having made all their subs
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next