The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Joshua v Johnson

+17
hayemaker
horizontalhero
John Bloody Wayne
Rowley
WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs
Derbymanc
Kareem61
Seanusarrilius
TRUSSMAN66
Hammersmith harrier
hampo17
Coxy001
milkyboy
DDGO2
88Chris05
TopHat24/7
spencerclarke
21 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Joshua v Johnson - Page 2 Empty Joshua v Johnson

Post by spencerclarke Mon 1 Dec - 23:48

First topic message reminder :

Evening all,

Not sure if this one has slipped under the radar a little but it looks like Joshua os fighting the opponent most people wanted him to fight next. Kevin Johnson in January. Should be able to give Joshau some rounds and will give him valuable experience without being a threat. Thoughts people? Can he make a statement and stop kingpin?

Cheers

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Joshua v Johnson - Page 2 Empty Re: Joshua v Johnson

Post by DDGO2 Fri 5 Dec - 16:39

how can you be worthy of being called something negative. Worth pertains to something positive, worthy of the crown etc.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 5 Dec - 16:40

I prefer the term bottom

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Fri 5 Dec - 16:40

I like Price but he is cr** fact. I will place a bet with anyone here he never gets near a world title in the next two years or beats a top 10 fighter in the WBC, IBF or WBA.

Last edited by DDGO2 on Fri 5 Dec - 16:41; edited 1 time in total

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 5 Dec - 16:41

DDGO2 wrote:Price is a bum if you can't see that then find a new sport to follow, please.

Don't be an bumhole DDG,

As for the rest, Nobody's argued that the hype hasn't been a bit too much but think we're all in agreement that this is his 11th fight and he has far more to lose by being rushed up the ladder too quick.

KJ is a decent test at the minute for him, if he sails through it then (hopefully) he'll be moved up again and so on. Whilst I'd rather see fighters in 50/50 fights at every stage of their careers, it just doesn't happen (which you'd know if you was half as smart as you think you are.)

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Fri 5 Dec - 16:42

Why not a young, hungry, well sparred, confident and undefeated Whyte? Why not him!?

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Fri 5 Dec - 16:43

AJ would crush Chris A inside 4, I don't want him to lose, but be tested, that's not 50/50. AJ would pancake him.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 5 Dec - 16:44

Price not being from the top drawer doesn't mean he's crap, you don't win an olympic bronze medal being crap and your use of the word fact is really childish.

I'll point out a few things about the old, fat, short and lacking in reach Johnson, he's actually younger and has a longer reach than Wladimir Klitschko, in fact I doubt there are many Heavyweights out there with a longer reach.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 5 Dec - 16:45

Because I doubt half of the UK have heard of him.
A loss would be far worse to his career now, especially to someone unheard of.
Hearn wants to market him to the masses, wouldn't surprise me if his next fight after this is against Thompson (2 foreign fighters not named Wilder or Klitschko that the British public may have heard from.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Fri 5 Dec - 16:48

He runs backwards for 12, how does he utilize that asset? show me a recent fight (last 5) where he has used that reach to command the center and bust someones face up.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Fri 5 Dec - 16:49

Thompson be a good test, he comes to win. Then Pulev.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 5 Dec - 16:51

Too early for Pulev methinks (although depends on how he does against others)
Wouldn't mind seeing him go
Johnson
Price
Thompson
Fury
Pulev/Aerola, Stiverne etc
Wlad

I'm not really au fait with the HW division (not that i'm fait with any of the others) so from my perspective that looks a good route.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Fri 5 Dec - 16:52

Chagev????

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Fri 5 Dec - 16:53

Charr? he tries to win at least and beat KJ.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 5 Dec - 16:53

Lets get something straight, an 10 fight novice will not be getting put into any 50/50 fights but he will be put in against experienced boxers who will present a problem to solve. Can your stupid little brain not comprehend that?

Johnson uses his reach to spoil and smother, Joshua hasn't fought anybody who knows all the little tricks to avoid getting hit so he will have to learn how to deal with that.

You can mention Arreola, Banks and White all you want but somewhere in that precious head of yours you'll understand that fights like that aren't taken by novices.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Fri 5 Dec - 16:54

So why the F is Eddie selling him as the second coming and topping bills at the O2 with the mighty AJ????????

Step up or... step the F*** off.

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 5 Dec - 16:55

Who exactly were Holmes, Lewis, Tyson, Bowe, Louis, Dempsey, Marciano and almost every single Heavyweight since Jeffries fighting in their first dozen fights? That's right they all fought nobodies too.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 5 Dec - 16:56

Because he's a promoter and that's his job.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 5 Dec - 16:56

HH what path would you have him take?

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Fri 5 Dec - 16:59

Comparing him to past greats, hmm... doesn't Eddie post these stupid, look at the past greats records compared to AJ posts on twitter?

Case closed.

Compare a great to greatness, then allow him to be great.

Lomachenko, respect. Rigo, respect. AJ... time is running out...

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Fri 5 Dec - 17:02

What??? I don't get what your saying now. Are you saying that fighters should be rushed or just because his promoter is doing what he's paid to do he should be rushed.

Pretty sure AJ hasn't been coming out with the daft comparisons and pretty sure that HH is saying that compare his record to past decent heavyweights and he's doing nothing different than what they did.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 5 Dec - 17:03

DDGO2 wrote:

Grow up man. Joshua will be judged by what he does if and when he wins a world title, not what he did up to that point, the same as nearly every fighter that has gone before him and will come after him.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 5 Dec - 17:05

Personally think Johnson is the perfect fight for somebody in their 11th fight and for as long as AJ is winning he'll be compared to Lennox Lewis.

Lets quickly compare the two, both Olympic gold medallists, both turned pro at 24 but Lewis had a far more extensive amateur background having competed at two Olympics as well as numerous world championships. Lewis in his 11th fight faced the Cruiserweight Dan Murphy (never heard of him either) but the less experienced Joshua is facing a former Heavyweight title contender who has never been hurt less be knocked out. What i'd like to know is this; In what world should Joshua be facing superior opposition to what his Heavyweight predecessors fought?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri 5 Dec - 17:08

Rowley wrote:
DDGO2 wrote:

Grow up man. Joshua will be judged by what he does if and when he wins a world title, not what he did up to that point, the same as nearly every fighter that has gone before him and will come after him.

Fingers will know better than me but you think of the greatest amateurs of all time and the names of Lomachenko and Rigondeaux immediately come to mind but not Anthony Joshua, I doubt this fool will understand that though.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 5 Dec - 17:31

To be fair DDG02 I think most boxing fans are saying he has potential but still needs to answer a few questions before being 100% convinced. The hype is coming from his promotion team and sky. But then they are trying to cash in on him with the feel good factor of the olympics so don't know what else to expect.

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Fri 5 Dec - 17:39

I agree Spencer. I do think Hearn could reign it in just a little as AJ is getting some unfair stick because of Hearn over doing it, but KJ is a good 11th fight. Is KJ a good main event? That's another question.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 5 Dec - 17:40

What Hearn is doing is no different to the hyberbolic bollox that Warren spouted over Amir Khan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri 5 Dec - 17:43

DAVE667 wrote:What Hearn is doing is no different to the hyberbolic bollox that Warren spouted over Amir Khan.

Which can probably be best summarised as his job!

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 5 Dec - 17:46

No sean he probably isnt. However I think he did headline with fury. Resulting in a lot of stick too!

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 5 Dec - 17:47

Rowley wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:What Hearn is doing is no different to the hyberbolic bollox that Warren spouted over Amir Khan.

However, if he went for a job on The Apprentice, having "spouter of hyperbolic bollox" on his CV would pretty much guarantee him a spot at the big table.

Just wonder when AJ will have his "Willie Limond/Michael Gomez" moment and Eddie has to rein it in a bit.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Fri 5 Dec - 18:00

I love that Rigo - a 30 odd year old featherweight with promotional issues - isn't running out of time but Joshua - early 20's heavyweight with his country's most influential promoter putting everything behind him - is!

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Fri 5 Dec - 18:02

DAVE667 wrote:
Rowley wrote:

However, if he went for a job on The Apprentice, having "spouter of hyperbolic bollox" on his CV would pretty much guarantee him a spot at the big table.

Just wonder when AJ will have his "Willie Limond/Michael Gomez" moment and Eddie has to rein it in a bit.

he's not going to have that moment dave. Remember he's Ali/Tyson/Holmes/Lewis rolled into one. Join the hype train. ;-)

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by DDGO2 Fri 5 Dec - 18:35

choo choo!

DDGO2

Back to top Go down

Post by horizontalhero Sat 6 Dec - 17:41

DDGO2 wrote:Price is a bum if you can't see that then find a new sport to follow, please.

Grow up. And when you have won an Olympic medal, and are a former British and Commonwealth champ as a pro, come back and tell us who's a bum.
Ever even set foot in a boxing? Please tell us what you have achieved.

horizontalhero

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Sat 6 Dec - 18:37

I think Johnson is a good fight for Joshua to get experience. How can peope complain about him fighting Joshua in only his 11th fight? What fight did the joke Tyson Fury take on Johnson or even Chisora who fought Johnson earlier this year! Joshua should use the Johnson fight to gain experience and then focus on smashing Fury afterwards. I think Fury will duck Joshua as he doesnt seem interested in being a proper boxer and only wants to talk nonsense. Fury has been a pro for ages and hasnt fought anyone good unless you include Chisora who was badly out of shape for their first fight and past it for their second fight. I can see Haye v Joshua for the heavyweight title happening in a couple of years in Wembley which would be absolutely epic.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat 6 Dec - 19:04

Which one of them would be champion? Or are you hoping the WBA declares the "Regular" title vacant after Wladimir beats whoever is champion, as seems to be par for the WBA?
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Sat 6 Dec - 19:14

I think one way or another Haye will be the champion in 2 years time. I think if Haye rematches Klitschko he can win. He would need to get his tactics right this time and come into the ring fully fit. If he does then I give him a good chance of knocking Klitschko out. Klitschko is also pretty old now so in two years I dont think he will be champion. He could retire or he could lose to Haye. Haye and Klitschko are the two best heavyweights in the world by a mile in my opinion. Haye is the younger of the two so he has time on his side. The sooner Klitschko gives Haye a rematch the better his chances of winning because in a couple of years I cant see a 40 year old Klitschko beating someone with Hayes speed and power. 2 years is also perfect for Joshua to gain experience and develop so by then the fight would be absolutley massive. At the moment its too early for Joshua to think about stepping intot he ring with someone like Haye or Klitschko as he has not had the time to reach his peak. I heard Joshua say he sparred with Klitschko and that he wasnt ready to take him on yet.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 6 Dec - 22:56

If Haye played in the superbowl he'd get the winning touchdown..

If Haye was an Indy500 driver he'd be the champion every year..

Give it a rest you boring Muppet..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Sun 7 Dec - 3:10

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I really hate the term bum especially when it's applied to fighters clearly not worthy of the tag in the first place.

You're a bum in fact you have a gaping wide bumhole.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Sun 7 Dec - 12:26

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If Haye played in the superbowl he'd get the winning touchdown..

If Haye was an Indy500 driver he'd be the champion every year..

Give it a rest you boring Muppet..

Leave the abuse out especially if you are going to write gibberish. Nfl and indy 500? What the heck are you waffling about?

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 7 Dec - 12:35

I apologise I can't wait for Wlad v Haye 2..

Problem is Wlad is ducking him....Because he knows he'll get schooled...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sun 7 Dec - 12:50

Johnson is not even a "has been" he is more a "never has been". He is nothing but a punch bag that throws almost nothing back, but can soak up anything chucked at him, his style and lack of ambition in the ring mean he is more likely to put the crowd to sleep than his opponents. AJ has already fought more dangerous fighters this is nothing but a workout for Joshua, Johnson is simply no threat at all he turns up for a payday and hangs around for 12 dull rounds. Lets be honest he even looked second rate against a load of club fighters on prizefighter. I hope AJ Knocks him out and we dont have to see this big mouthed bore fighting on these shores again.

Last edited by hogey on Sun 7 Dec - 12:52; edited 1 time in total

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by hayemaker Sun 7 Dec - 12:51

Wlad v Haye 2 would be the biggest heavyweight fight out there at the moment. They are the two best heavyweights by a country mile and both have a huge fanbase and can sell out stadiums. This would be a massive ppv fight. I give Haye a very god chance of winning a rematch but it will not be easy that is for sure. Klitschko has been very underrated, in fact shamefully so in my opinion. Haye chose the wrong tactics and made the mistake of going into the fight not fully fit. Like most people, I think he seriously underestimated Klitschko. The problem with Klitschjo is his style is boring and many people massively underestimated him. He also spent most of his career fighting bums so it was hard to tell how good he was. But he proved against Haye he is an extremelly good boxer. He is a giant of a man with a style that is very very dificult to beat on points. Haye made the mistake of using the same tactics he used against Valuev whoich was to fight on the outside and use his skills to win on points. I can see why he thought that because it is a less risky way of winning than going for a knock out. But it didnt work against Klitschko who deserved to win the fight. But it would be totally foolish to write off someone with Hayes talent and blend of speed and power in a rematch. Fortunately for Haye, Klitschko has a glass jaw and Haye has the speed to find it and the power to smash it. A rematch is a totally different kettle of fish because both fighters will have learned something about each other. Haye is the one who can learn from his mistakes. No underestimating Klitschko this time. No stupidly taking the fight on any less than 100% fit. And a training acamp and plan based on knocking Klitschko out and putting him under pressure instead of trying to outbox him from a distance or wait for him to mistake a mistake. Klitschko is too smart and too skillful for that. Haye will have to go for the KO.

hayemaker

Back to top Go down

Post by hogey Sun 7 Dec - 12:58

If Haye had the stones to try and knock out Wlad he would have half a chance without a doubt, but in order to get in range to spark the big lump he would be under a far greater risk of getting starched himself. I think if they fought again it would be a repeat, Haye would go in again hoping he gets lucky enough to land the big shot and Wlad would keep him at arms length. Only thing that makes it interesting is we all know as much as Wlad would dominate the ring just one clean shot from Haye in those 12 rounds could end Wlads reign in a heartbeat.

hogey

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Mon 8 Dec - 10:12

DDGO2 wrote:

You're such a idiot it is staggering.

I don't know where to start.

Still thinking this has got to be a WUM-alias...

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat 13 Dec - 0:46

Good match up. 12 round survivalist vs unwind prospect with a dig, whose never been extended. This fight won't answer the chin question but it will Joshua to discover, mentally, he deals with the later rounds, in a relatively risk free fight.

This one is all about confidence in his fitness. Even though he will not pushed the rounds gained will clear a mental hurdle: can I do the distance?.

The fight won't tell anyone how he copes in a competitive fight over the distance, but it will give him the belief he has the stamina, even if is an illusion.

Even illusions have some benefit, as the sport is nine tenths mental.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat 13 Dec - 1:06

..Thompson or Tarver after this

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Sat 13 Dec - 8:06

Target has bigger fish to fry than Joshua at the moment, wants the big names after stopping Banks last week.

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Sat 13 Dec - 8:26

I was slightly inebriated this morning, hence the nonsensical posts.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2